PDA

View Full Version : I'm Defending the Adirondack's Honor

freeheelwilly
09-21-2006, 08:04 AM
Over on the Alpine Zone. Skiing/snowboarding forum. "Radical Prediction" thread.

Come join the fun!

Tsavolion
09-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Over on the Alpine Zone. Skiing/snowboarding forum. "Radical Prediction" thread.

Come join the fun!

i'll try--i skimmed through 8 pages just now and i think i need a break. i'll have to go back later, unless you can provide cliff notes of important points

freeheelwilly
09-21-2006, 09:11 AM

Come join the fun!

i'll try--i skimmed through 8 pages just now and i think i need a break. i'll have to go back later, unless you can provide cliff notes of important points

Start at the end of the thread - not the beginning. I didn't jump in until yesterday and it had already gone on and on. BTW - that dude "rivercoil" is the new scottypp. I've held my tongue long enough; think I might have to T-off on that lil' dweeb.

highpeaksdrifter
09-21-2006, 09:46 AM

Come join the fun!

Start at the end of the thread - not the beginning. I didn't jump in until yesterday and it had already gone on and on. BTW - that dude "rivercoil" is the new scottypp. I've held my tongue long enough; think I might have to T-off on that lil' dweeb.

Start at the end? The beginning is the best cause I wrote it :wink: U wrong about Riveroil, he a rightous dude and hard core skiier. You're looking for verbal combat and he's giving you some. What's the problem?

freeheelwilly
09-21-2006, 10:03 AM
U wrong about Riveroil, No i'm not.

he a rightous dude and hard core skiier.

No he isn't.

You're looking for verbal combat and he's giving you some. What's the problem?

He's a dweeb HPD. And if you haven't figured that out yet then your dweeb-meter is on the fritz.

AdironRider
09-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Coil is a tool, I side with Willy.

bushwackerVt
09-25-2006, 03:57 PM

No he isn't.

He's a dweeb HPD. And if you haven't figured that out yet then your dweeb-meter is on the fritz.

FHW...your such a total tool! You started the verbal combat over at AZ and not once but twice you got owned. Your responses have been nothing but immature juvenile personal name calling. You obviously got no game and it shows. You made a total fool of yourself over at AZ. The DAK's do not need defending especially from the likes of you. Your pathetic attempt to try to slavage your pride by telling River that you didn't mean what you said and you were 'pulling his leg" was even more pathetic as everyone at AZ has read this thread and knows you were misrepresenting yourself...unreal! What a moron....:lol:

I can only surmise that your avatar is a recent pic of yourself. Can't wait for your intelligent response.... :roll:

highpeaksdrifter
09-25-2006, 04:48 PM
FHW...your such a total tool! You started the verbal combat over at AZ and not once but twice you got owned. Your responses have been nothing but immature juvenile personal name calling. You obviously got no game and it shows. You made a total fool of yourself over at AZ. The DAK's do not need defending especially from the likes of you. Your pathetic attempt to try to slavage your pride by telling River that you didn't mean what you said and you were 'pulling his leg" was even more pathetic as everyone at AZ has read this thread and knows you were misrepresenting yourself...unreal! What a moron....:lol:

I can only surmise that your avatar is a recent pic of yourself. Can't wait for your intelligent response.... :roll:

I disagree with your assessment of what went on at Alpine Zone. Willy plays hardball, but I find his posts entertaining. He also gives as good as he gets.

That said SkiADK has a direct link from Whiteface’s official web site, so in other words, they expect this site to be an informative place for skiers and riders to get information about the Whiteface/Lake Placid area not a place to go for flame wars. That’s the way it’s going to stay.

Phineas
09-28-2006, 10:44 AM
"bushwackerVT"

hum... how many immature juvenile personal names can I coin from that handle...... shall we start a list? :lol: :o :lol:

without immature juvenile personal name calling what fun would this world be???

Tsavolion
09-28-2006, 12:48 PM
"bushwackerVT"

hum... how many immature juvenile personal names can I coin from that handle...... shall we start a list? :lol: :o :lol:

agreed - its amazing the amount of people on these forums take themselves so seriously--its an online forum, not a newspaper :?

freeheelwilly
10-05-2006, 08:44 AM

No he isn't.

Shut up pillow biter. I was gettin' "owned" so bad that lil-greggy booted me off the forum. :lol: BTW, how do you like my new Avatar?

Greg
10-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Shut up pillow biter. I was gettin' "owned" so bad that lil-greggy booted me off the forum. :lol: BTW, how do you like my new Avatar?
No. You got booted because you were an asshole over there. You're lucky you can still post here. You can thank HPD for that. And yeah, nice avatar. Just trying to get me to respond? Well, keep it up Willy. We'll see how long Whiteface decides to link to us from their home page. I basically created this forum for you former RSN ADK forum members. There are specific reasons why Whiteface pulled the plug in terms of officially being associated with it and why those forums all eventually failed. Effin ingrate. :?

jackstraw
10-05-2006, 09:32 AM
"bushwackerVT"

agreed - its amazing the amount of people on these forums take themselves so seriously--its an online forum, not a newspaper :?

this isn't serious?? damn! ive been wasting my life away in here!

u guys really belong over at tgr...

freeheelwilly
10-05-2006, 09:35 AM
No. You got booted because you were an asshole over there. You're lucky you can still post here. You can thank HPD for that. And yeah, nice avatar. Just trying to get me to respond? Well, keep it up Willy. We'll see how long Whiteface decides to link to us from their home page. I basically created this forum for you former RSN ADK forum members. There are specific reasons why Whiteface pulled the plug in terms of officially being associated with it and why those forums all eventually failed. Effin ingrate. :?

What do you want me to do Greg? Thank you for letting me back on? Not until you 'splain why I was booted in the first place. And it's gotta be more than "you were an asshole over there". As I remember it, I took a couple shots at your precious AZ and that's what really got ya'. The last thing I did was post something to Tinwoodsman where I called him an "idiot" but in the context of the entire post that was minor. What really gets you is my disdain for you and your forum. Afterall, you recently posted that "AZ is my life". You actually said that.

Greg you overmoderate. Period. It doesn't have to be a TGR free-for-all (although that place is a friggin' riot!) but it doesn't have to be the Wonder Bread/Happy place you've got goin' there either. The irony is that, for anybody who's actually payin' attention, skiing and skiing culture has always been a little rebellious, a little anti-establishment; ready to challenge the status-quo and conventional wisdom. You can run AZ anyway you want - I know that. But it bugs me Greg 'cus AZ is associated with Eastern skiing and frankly....... it makes us all look a little square in comparison to our West Coast brethren. Have a little think on that rather than getting defensive all the time.

Greg
10-05-2006, 10:03 AM
What do you want me to do Greg? Thank you for letting me back on? Not until you 'splain why I was booted in the first place. And it's gotta be more than "you were an asshole over there". As I remember it, I took a couple shots at your precious AZ and that's what really got ya'.
We have clearly defined guidelines. You violated several of them, over the course of a couple of days. I didn't have a knee-jerk reaction to ban you. I discussed it among the mods. We don't like to ban members and we take it seriously. We took the time to discuss it before doing so. My decision to ban you from here initially was to pre-empt exactly what you're doing now. I spoke with HPD about it. He was a bit miffed that as the mod here, he wasn't consulted on it. I agreed and admit that perhaps banning you here was unnecessary. So in the kindness of my dumb old heart, I let you back in.

The last thing I did was post something to Tinwoodsman where I called him an "idiot" but in the context of the entire post that was minor. What really gets you is my disdain for you and your forum.
You have to be kidding if you think I really care what you think of me or AZ. I've been running a forum in one capacity or another for over six years. I've seen it all; been harassed; verbally attacked; threatened, you name it. My skin is pretty thick by now.

Afterall, you recently posted that "AZ is my life". You actually said that.
Actually, Willy, my kids and my wife are my life. Skiing and AZ is my passion. That's what I said. Get it right. :roll:

Greg you overmoderate. Period. It doesn't have to be a TGR free-for-all (although that place is a friggin' riot!) but it doesn't have to be the Wonder Bread/Happy place you've got goin' there either. The irony is that, for anybody who's actually payin' attention, skiing and skiing culture has always been a little rebellious, a little anti-establishment; ready to challange the status-quo and conventional wisdom. You can run AZ anyway you want - I know that. But it bugs me Greg 'cus AZ is associated with Eastern skiing and frankly....... it makes us all look a little square in comparison to West Coast brethren. Have a little think on that rather than getting defensive all the time.
What I've learned from running AZ for several years is that you can never please everyone. That's impossible. AZ is not for everyone. Neither is TGR. Personally, I don't like to have to sift through all the noise on boards like that. That's just my preference and partly why I've structured AZ the way it is. Based on its popularity, there are thousands of members that like it just the way it is so it ain't gonna change. If that's not your thing, then why didn't you just not post there? Instead you feel the need to try and skirt the line and test me and the mods. That's high school shit. Also, why do we need to "compete" with the West Coast? That sounds like something a tenth grader would say too. If you think you can do better, go ahead and start up your own forum. Have at it, buddy...

freeheelwilly
10-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Are you kidding me? You discussed it? What did you discuss? And what "guidelines" did I violate? You're so full of it! I took a shot at you and your "passion" AZ and you booted me. Because you could. That's all. Just like you're gonna do here. And you will be seen by all for what you are. 8)

"Thousands of members". Puh-lease! As near as I can tell, you've got about 20 to 50 people that post there with any regularity and about six of 'em are mods! And no minutiae of the sport of skiing is too small to discuss, in excrutiating detail, for seven or eight pages. Every other thread is "Do you take your goggles off on the chairlift?" or "Which buckle on your boot do you buckle first?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, when you shamelessly rip-off press releases from, say, the APA, do you get permission to put "Alpine Zone News" as the by-line? Just wonderin'.

jackstraw
10-05-2006, 10:30 AM
ya, west coast vs east coast!!! bring it!! hahahhaha!!

this is funny stuff!

fyi...tgr is rooted inda EAST!!!

Greg
10-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Are you kidding me? You discussed it? What did you discuss? And what "guidelines" did I violate? You're so full of it! I took a shot at you and your "passion" AZ and you booted me. Because you could. That's all. Just like you're gonna do here. And you will be seen by all for what you are. 8)

"Thousands of members". Puh-lease! As near as I can tell, you've got about 20 to 50 people that post there with any regularity and about six of 'em are mods! And no minutiae of the sport of skiing is too small to discuss, in excrutiating detail, for seven or eight pages. Every other thread is "Do you take your goggles off on the chairlift?" or "Which buckle on your boot do you buckle first?" :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://forums.alpinezone.com/images/smilies/icon_blink.gif Wow. You really are whacked out. Well, I guess you won't be subjected to AZ's excruciating detail anymore. What I really find ironic is that it was almost exactly one year ago that you sent me this PM:

Just want to say what a great site this has become! I've wasted hours in here already today (not good). This truly is an asset for Northeast skiers, riders and hikers. It really appears to have grown in the last year. Good job!
I wonder which personality was presiding that day... :roll:

BTW, when you shamelessly rip-off press releases from, say, the APA, do you get permission to put "Alpine Zone News" as the by-line? Just wonderin'.
http://forums.alpinezone.com/images/smilies/icon_blink.gif Wow. If you must know, the press releases I publish are submitted to me directly. The point of a "press release" is for it to be re-published and redistributed..... Duh...

But hey, nice tries, Willy. :roll: Looks like you're the one who "will be seen by all for what you are"... I'm done here.

freeheelwilly
10-05-2006, 10:54 AM

http://forums.alpinezone.com/images/smilies/icon_blink.gif Wow. You really are whacked out. Well, I guess you won't be subjected to AZ's excruciating detail anymore. What I really find ironic is that it was almost exactly one year that you sent me this PM:

Just want to say what a great site this has become! I've wasted hours in here already today (not good). This truly is an asset for Northeast skiers, riders and hikers. It really appears to have grown in the last year. Good job!
I wonder which personality was presiding that day... :roll:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/images/smilies/icon_blink.gif Wow. If you must know, the press release I publish are submitted to me directly. The point of a "press release" is for it to be re-published and redistributed..... Duh...

But hey, nice tries, Willy. :roll: Looks like you're the one who "will be seen by all for what you are"... I'm done here.

I knew you were gonna bring up that old PM Greg. Fact was, I did like the thread on "Guess the ski area" which had pics of different areas and you had to guess where it was from. But you'll note that I didn't post in there much and when I started lurkin' around again I realized that the thread I enjoyed was an anomoly and that you were an overmoderating ogre.

Kinda weird that you'd post a "PM" on the open board. That's pretty bad form. And what's really funny is that I can't get access to my old mailbox so that I can post your PMs to me or otherwise put that PM in some context. You are what you are Greg.

highpeaksdrifter
10-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Because of the link to Whiteface, which BTW I was very much in favor of, we can not have flame wars like this. Please knock it off, I'm at work and I don't have alot of time to be in here.

freeheelwilly
10-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Because of the link to Whiteface, which BTW I was very much in favor of, we can not have flame wars like this. Please knock it off, I'm at work and I don't have alot of time to be in here.

I'm done HPD. Tell greg to STFU. :lol: :lol:

Greg
10-05-2006, 11:23 AM
You are what you are Greg.
Likewise, Willy.

jackstraw
10-05-2006, 12:12 PM
all this haight from a tele skier!! where's the luv man, where's the luv??

oh ya, you alpine turn w/ tele's...i get it now :D :D :D :P

freeheelwilly
10-05-2006, 12:19 PM

Jackie Boy's here!

http://upload4.postimage.org/1314123/this_thread_rocks.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1314123/photo_hosting.html)

Son of Drifter
10-05-2006, 12:44 PM

Jackie Boy's here!

http://upload4.postimage.org/1314123/this_thread_rocks.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1314123/photo_hosting.html)

Where do you get those crazy pics? Actually where do you get those pics of the heavy chested women? Hmmmmm heavy chested women. :twisted:

AdironRider
10-05-2006, 02:54 PM
I have similar concerns as Willy. I notice it here as well as on AZ. If your arent praising someone or a mountain its automatically deemed against forum rules or whatnot. What happened to free speech?

I understand that there is a direct link to the Whiteface site, but if the only content allowed should NOT only include praises of the mountain. Criticisms are necessary not only for the public, but its also how improvements are made as well.

Tsavolion
10-05-2006, 02:56 PM
You are what you are Greg.
Likewise, Willy.

Seriously - greg, you can have four people in here bouncing around talking about the same old stuff or you can have some "lively" chatter with willy. Thats what makes people pay attention, thats how you make money and thats how information is posted on this forum and how the local tourists are helped. Not much has been happening in here while he was banned you'll notice. ORDA may not have liked the RSN forum, but is was very popular.

Tin Woodsman
10-05-2006, 03:05 PM
I have similar concerns as Willy. I notice it here as well as on AZ. If your arent praising someone or a mountain its automatically deemed against forum rules or whatnot. What happened to free speech?

I understand that there is a direct link to the Whiteface site, but if the only content allowed should NOT only include praises of the mountain. Criticisms are necessary not only for the public, but its also how improvements are made as well.

Free speech is guaranteed against govt intrusion, not by that of a private entity.

Regardless, it wasn't a lack of praise of a mountain that got FHW banned from AZ, it was an egregious and epithet filled rant against me b/c I happened to commit the thought crime of judging the Greens and Whites as better for skiing than the Dacks.

highpeaksdrifter
10-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Regardless, it wasn't a lack of praise of a mountain that got FHW banned from AZ, it was an egregious and epithet filled rant against me b/c I happened to commit the thought crime of judging the Greens and Whites as better for skiing than the Dacks.

No good will come from this thread so it's through. Tin, if you want to talk about what happened at AZ I would suggest that AZ would be the place to do it.

Greg
10-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Ahhh.....the "free speech" argument. Let me address that one. Think of an online forum as a bulletin board in your local grocery store. The store owner (me) or the store managers (mods) have every right to remove something tacked to it they feel is inapropriate. The same thing applies here. Secondly, we've never, ever tried to quell someone's opinion. That's not what the rules are about. It's amazing that you would even suggest that. I challenge you to find one instance of me or a mod ever chastising someone for criticising a ski area.

And I agree. Again, show me one instance where that's done here. The point of trying to preserve the link from whiteface.com is to continue to drive targetted traffic here. It's a no-brainer to me and having ORDA's blessing is important. You never know; perhaps SkiADK members may see some perks via support from Whiteface and Gore someday.

Seriously - greg, you can have four people in here bouncing around talking about the same old stuff or you can have some "lively" chatter with willy. Thats what makes people pay attention, thats how you make money and thats how information is posted on this forum and how the local tourists are helped. Not much has been happening in here while he was banned you'll notice. ORDA may not have liked the RSN forum, but is was very popular.

And where's the RSN forums now? There's a reason they failed. Okay, so let's take a look at these tough rules:

http://forums.skiadk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

Those are the same as those posted on AZ and SkiMRV. There's nothing in there that any civil human being shouldn't be able to adhere to. It's really not all that restrictive, is it? Let's break it down:

Flaming
Just asking for some civilty here. There's no reason to verbally attack somebody just because you disagree with them. A good rule of thumb is don't say something here that you wouldn't say to someone's face after meeting them for the first time.

Trolling
Some folks get off on the attention received when they troll. Time to get a life...

Language
Just try to keep it somewhat clean. A shit or crap here or there is no big deal. An F-bomb or C-word is a little bit too much. I have a potty mouth when hanging with the guys as much as anybody, but it's easy to not type it. Just conduct yourself as you would in any public setting while within ear-shot of others.

Advertisements/Promotions
Nobody likes to be spammed. I don't have a problem with an established member promoting something though; or if an "ad" is truly on topic and might be considered very valuable to the community, we'll leave it.

Political Posts
By political, we mean partisan politics. Often political debates just go in circles and result in one of the top three "rules" being violated so we've opted to pre-empt all that.

I don't know about anyone else, but this stuff doesn't seem like it should be all that hard to adhere to. My goal with AZ was to offer a place that anyone can feel comfortable contributing. Same approach here. Say some newbie clicks in here from the whiteface.com link and all they see is some cliquey banter between a group of guys as if they were in the locker room; they might decide to not participate.

Anyway, the dead horse is beaten by now...