PDA

View Full Version : How about those Mets

highpeaksdrifter
09-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are more fans of the American league in the NE then the national. I don't mean just the Yanks v. Soxs either.

The National League has been down the last few years, but I perdict the Mets will easily win both series to get in the World Series and then win that in 7. I hope against the Yankees.

AdironRider
09-21-2006, 03:21 PM
I think the National League is seriously lacking in talent. However, the Mets area force to not be taken lightly. Ill always be a Sox fan at heart, but going to college here in NY has led me to take up a liking for the Mets. Ive seen em come up from the cellar, making some ballsy and genius moves along the way (Ill forgive the Kazmir trade - cause I mean that was just plain stupid). Hopefully they win the series this year, I'm going to be pulling for them the whole way.

Son of Drifter
09-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are more fans of the American league in the NE then the national. I don't mean just the Yanks v. Soxs either.

The National League has been down the last few years, but I perdict the Mets will easily win both series to get in the World Series and then win that in 7. I hope against the Yankees.

What you know about baseball could fit into a thimble. I hope the Yanks and the Mets meet as well. I'll be just like 2000. Remember what happened then? Yanks won 4-1.

Skier 4 Life
09-21-2006, 04:16 PM
What you know about baseball could fit into a thimble. I hope the Yanks and the Mets meet as well. I'll be just like 2000. Remember what happened then? Yanks won 4-1.

Sounds like you just need to get the series over with so you can start to focus on whats really important... like SKIING again! Don't get me wrong, I like baseball too... just not the Yanks... GO METS, GO! :P

highpeaksdrifter
09-21-2006, 04:18 PM

Just when the hell did you decide you where the reincarnation of Branch Rickey? I know as much as you do.

highpeaksdrifter
09-21-2006, 04:19 PM
... GO METS, GO! :P

Good post S4L, but it's Let's Go Mets.

Skier 4 Life
09-21-2006, 04:35 PM
... GO METS, GO! :P

Good post S4L, but it's Let's Go Mets.

Thank you for correcting me, HPD. As you can see, I guess I'm not much of a Mets fan either!

tjf67
09-22-2006, 08:11 AM
Yo HDP Dont you have one of those little rainbow stickers you can put on your post symbol. Mets fans take it in the pants do dah do dah

Son of Drifter
09-22-2006, 10:33 AM

Just when the hell did you decide you where the reincarnation of Branch Rickey? I know as much as you do.

Are you freaking kidding me. How can you know as much as me WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN WATCH BASEBALL? You even admit that you don't watch the game. You probably don't even know who starts at second base for the mets unless you look it up. Seriously when was the last time you watched all nine innings of a game? And the reason I know as much as I do is because my wife knows more about baseball than ANY person in this forum. She watches any game on TV and EVERY single freaking met game that's on when she's home. I'm even taking her to a first round playoff met game (love makes you do strange things). You sir are a BANDWAGON fan and Yankee hater. Don't insult us true fans who watch are teams (not just the ESPN highlights) with statements like the one above. :twisted:

Son of Drifter
09-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Yo HDP Dont you have one of those little rainbow stickers you can put on your post symbol. Mets fans take it in the pants do dah do dah

HAHAHAHAHA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

highpeaksdrifter
09-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Are you freaking kidding me. How can you know as much as me WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN WATCH BASEBALL? You even admit that you don't watch the game. You probably don't even know who starts at second base for the mets unless you look it up. Seriously when was the last time you watched all nine innings of a game? And the reason I know as much as I do is because my wife knows more about baseball than ANY person in this forum. She watches any game on TV and EVERY single freaking met game that's on when she's home. I'm even taking her to a first round playoff met game (love makes you do strange things). You sir are a BANDWAGON fan and Yankee hater. Don't insult us true fans who watch are teams (not just the ESPN highlights) with statements like the one above. :twisted:

I admit I haven’t watched a lot of games in the past few years, but I’ve been watching more this season. So what, I can’t like the Mets cause I’m not glued to the TV every night? What’s the argument anyway, who knows more about baseball or who’s the biggest couch potato? I played a little ball and couched a little, as you well know. I think I have the fundamentals down ok.

Son of Drifter
09-22-2006, 01:54 PM

I admit I haven’t watched a lot of games in the past few years, but I’ve been watching more this season. So what, I can’t like the Mets cause I’m not glued to the TV every night? What’s the argument anyway, who knows more about baseball or who’s the biggest couch potato? I played a little ball and couched a little, as you well know. I think I have the fundamentals down ok.

I just want you to admit the only reason you're currently following the mets is because they are doing well. Just admit you're a bandwagon met fan. There's no shame in the truth. :twisted:

highpeaksdrifter
09-22-2006, 02:15 PM

I just want you to admit the only reason you're currently following the mets is because they are doing well. Just admit you're a bandwagon met fan. There's no shame in the truth. :twisted:

I've liked the Mets for 40 years. I lost interest in baseball in general over the last 15 years, but I still hoped the Mets did well. I am following them closer this season because I'm jazzed for their chances in the post season. If that makes me a band waggon fan then so be it.