PDA

View Full Version : Best Ski for Whiteface

highpeaksdrifter
09-25-2006, 04:27 PM
What's your favorite ski for skiing Whiteface?

Mine is the Nordica Hot Rod Top Fuel. It's a stiff ski with a deep side cut for hard pack, but it's wide enough for good floatation when we have pow to ski. It's wide tip can bust through crud. I like it over the whole mountain from groomers to the Slides.

Skier 4 Life
09-25-2006, 04:38 PM
is my personal fav for the Face. Granted, it may not do as well as HPD's Hot Rod Top Fuel in the crud, but it can rip on almost anything else the Face can dish up. 8)

highpeaksdrifter
09-25-2006, 04:52 PM
is my personal fav for the Face. Granted, it may not do as well as HPD's Hot Rod Top Fuel in the crud, but it can rip on almost anything else the Face can dish up. 8)

S4L, Nordica Speed Machine 14 is an excellent choice for WF. After all it is the unoffical offical ski of WF patrollers. :wink:

tjf67
09-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Last years addition are the same dimensions as HDP. Little softer ski but it performs well in all the conditions at the face. My only gripe about the ski is its white. Hard to find.

No new skiis for me this year. Unless mine get broke. I dont know what I would buy if I was in the market.

I do need new boots which is never a fun thing

Greg
09-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Interesting thread. I've never skied Whiteface, but do the members feel it requires a specific ski, or type of ski, over and above what you might just use at any other large NE resort?

St. Jerry
09-26-2006, 09:28 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ru/thumb/4/4f/Ice_scate_racing.jpg/150px-Ice_scate_racing.jpg

highpeaksdrifter
09-26-2006, 09:43 AM

As I've tried to splain to you before, you buy your boots too big.

I have a pair of Nordica Pro 130's, size 8, that have about 10 - 12 days on them, and have never been worked on. I'm going to put them on Ebay next month. If you're interested PM me I'll give you the insider buddy price. I could even bring them to Oct. fest Sat. for you to try on.

highpeaksdrifter
09-26-2006, 09:45 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ru/thumb/4/4f/Ice_scate_racing.jpg/150px-Ice_scate_racing.jpg

What's up with that Jerry? U ever see anyone from here hatin on Gore in that forum?

tjf67
09-26-2006, 09:51 AM

As I've tried to splain to you before, you buy your boots too big.

I have a pair of Nordica Pro 130's, size 8, that have about 10 - 12 days on them, and have never been worked on. I'm going to put them on Ebay next month. If you're interested PM me I'll give you the insider buddy price. I could even bring them to Oct. fest Sat. for you to try on.

Let me get back to you on that. It will be tommorow I have my book at home that I am using for referances. I need a boot with an average foot bed with a narrow heal.
The boots I have now have a couple hundred days on them and i think they are getting a little mushy. Much like ghosts skiing.
It took a long time to get these boots to fit good. I am nervous about boot fitters. The only goodone I ever met was in jay peak.

Tsavolion
09-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Stockli spirit pros! i need new boots too--mine are 4 years old and were too big when i bought them!! :?

St. Jerry
09-26-2006, 02:58 PM

What's up with that Jerry? U ever see anyone from here hatin on Gore in that forum?

Just giving the Whiteface lovers some grief. I love the Adirondacks (heck, I own a vacation house there), but I still keep the skiing at Whiteface in perspective.

tjf67
09-26-2006, 03:37 PM

Just giving the Whiteface lovers some grief. I love the Adirondacks (heck, I own a vacation house there), but I still keep the skiing at Whiteface in perspective.

i just got it. That was pretty funny. haha a real hoot

jryana6e
09-28-2006, 11:35 PM
esp. first tracks

highpeaksdrifter
09-29-2006, 05:49 AM
esp. first tracks

atomic sx-11 is a nice ski. I demoed it and the Metron B5, I liked them both alot, but IMO the B5's get the nod.

Skier 4 Life
09-29-2006, 12:15 PM
esp. first tracks

atomic sx-11 is a nice ski. I demoed it and the Metron B5, I liked them both alot, but IMO the B5's get the nod.

Yeah, HPD, but wasn't that at GORE? I thought this was a topic for the Face? :lol:

highpeaksdrifter
09-29-2006, 12:41 PM
No it was WF, it was a ski reps only demo. Free breakfast too. :wink: It was a weekday.

I have to edit this, it was during the week and it was a rep outing, but anyone could demo who was skiing that day. Mike S. was kinda the host and handing out the breakfast vouchers. It's tough getting old and forgetful. :wink: