PDA

View Full Version : John's Bypass

highpeaksdrifter
10-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Anyone hear if they have started cutting it?

skigolfhunt
10-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Yes, its been started.

ajl50
10-10-2006, 04:55 PM
John's bypass is the trail that will take you from parons to connector right? Can it be accessed from excel. also? Or will it start above the point where excel. cuts into parons?

oldskibum
10-10-2006, 06:46 PM
It is being cut to relieve the congestion on excelsior at "turn - 3" so I would say that it will not be accessable from excelsior.

ajl50
10-10-2006, 07:57 PM
that's good- I think otherwise lower cloud would get too many people. I love how those who ski at whiteface complain about congestion on 1 turn. Kmart and hunter have turn three congestion everywhere on the weekends.

highpeaksdrifter
10-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Yes, its been started.

That's good news, thanks for the update. If I may ask how did you find out?

Phineas
10-11-2006, 07:51 AM
It is being cut to relieve the congestion on excelsior at "turn - 3" so I would say that it will not be accessable from excelsior.

if U come into turn two on Excelsior and stop on the top of the pitch and look straight down the fallline into the woods - thats where the bypass will be.

I'm thinking bang left at turn one, stay skiers left and scoot onto bypass... never get caught up in the turn three mess again.. hopefully it exits high enough onto connector to avoid any turn four collisions....

freeheelwilly
10-11-2006, 08:06 AM

if U come into turn two on Excelsior and stop on the top of the pitch and look straight down the fallline into the woods - thats where the bypass will be.

I'm thinking bang left at turn one, stay skiers left and scoot onto bypass... never get caught up in the turn three mess again.. hopefully it exits high enough onto connector to avoid any turn four collisions....

I hope you're right. it sure looks like you could do that from the new map but those things can be deceiving. If the new trail starts too high you'll be down too far at turn 1 and won't be able to access it. That'll leave it only accessible from Paron's. Hope that's not the case. If it works the way you say (and I hope) then it won't matter what they do with the rope at the bottom of Essex - we'll still be able to get over to Lower Cloud from the top of Lil WF.

Tsavolion
10-11-2006, 08:18 AM

I hope you're right. it sure looks like you could do that from the new map but those things can be deceiving. If the new trail starts too high you'll be down too far at turn 1 and won't be able to access it. That'll leave it only accessible from Paron's. Hope that's not the case. If it works the way you say (and I hope) then it won't matter what they do with the rope at the bottom of Essex - we'll still be able to get over to Lower Cloud from the top of Lil WF.

what will we call the new regular route!

freeheelwilly
10-11-2006, 08:42 AM

what will we call the new regular route!

Mmmmmmmm....quite the conundrum.

The Irregular Route?

Phineas
10-11-2006, 11:01 AM
the Willy's-a-Wanker??

My favorite route name was the one I came up w/ last year Spin2Sky.. thats really cool.

Tsavolion
10-11-2006, 11:04 AM
the Willy's-a-Wanker??

My favorite route name was the one I came up w/ last year Spin2Sky.. thats really cool.

I like the full sky--that was mine and much better than your names. lets compile all of the trail names!

regular route
full sky
the longest run
spin to sky

i cant remember any more.

Phineas
10-11-2006, 11:19 AM
regular route
full sky ( I named that one)
the longest run
spin to sky

Mostly Cloudy (UpperSpin to Niagara to Victorias through the grand canyon and bang skiers left back to Chair 6 aka F

ForestFire (Approach to Upper Northway in2 Cloudsplitter glades over on2 Tommy's (off the entrance rock) over the cave rock in2 10th mtn division through to lower empire (skiers left for pow) onto the on ramp in2 the Lower Mac Glades out onto lower mac and over to Chair 2 aka G

Phineas
10-11-2006, 11:24 AM
just checked out the new zoom map - Nice

however the bypass starts different from where I understood based on the UMP admendment. still accessible from excelsior but looks like only from turn 1. which makes alot of sense... gotta look left and up the hill when leaving excelsior at turn 1

http://www.whiteface.com/newsite/onmtn/trailmap.php

Tsavolion
10-11-2006, 11:51 AM
regular route
full sky ( I named that one)
the longest run
spin to sky

Mostly Cloudy (UpperSpin to Niagara to Victorias through the grand canyon and bang skiers left back to Chair 6 aka F

ForestFire (Approach to Upper Northway in2 Cloudsplitter glades over on2 Tommy's (off the entrance rock) over the cave rock in2 10th mtn division through to lower empire (skiers left for pow) onto the on ramp in2 the Lower Mac Glades out onto lower mac and over to Chair 2 aka G

no i8t wasnt and you just named those other two. i wanted to compile a list of the ones we already had names for. that was the assignment i gave you. we had a lot of names

Phineas
10-11-2006, 01:38 PM
striaght drop

I cant remember any others

skigolfhunt
10-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Yes, its been started.

That's good news, thanks for the update. If I may ask how did you find out?

Took a gondola ride last week. Visible from top of Essex, crew was cutting so I didnt go to investigate further.

highpeaksdrifter
10-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Pix of john's Bypass construction

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/523/johns.jpg

oldskibum
10-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Great pic HPD, how did you get it, you didn't hike up there !?

freeheelwilly
10-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Cool. hard to tell but that looks like it was taken right at that flat spot where Paron's intersects with Turn one which means we will be able to access it from Turn one/excelsior. Score!

highpeaksdrifter
10-12-2006, 12:20 PM

Sandy C. sent it to Greg at AlpineZone, Greg sent it to me. It is cool to see. That little trail will make a big difference. Excellsor can now be completely advoided, good for everybody. It will sure make the Gun Patrol's job easier.

Son of Drifter
10-12-2006, 01:32 PM

Sandy C. sent it to Greg at AlpineZone, Greg sent it to me. It is cool to see. That little trail will make a big difference. Excellsor can now be completely advoided, good for everybody. It will sure make the Gun Patrol's job easier.

Don't you mean safety enforcement? It's not like they're patroling for gun toting skiers. :twisted:

highpeaksdrifter
10-13-2006, 06:34 PM
http://www.rsn.com/image_display/5060188.jpg