PDA

View Full Version : Summit Walking

kornfein
10-10-2006, 12:27 PM
I thought this was worth a new thread-)

I think the solution to the hike over to the top of Cloud is a lot simplier than putting in a rope tow or serious blasting. Here is my solution.

1. Remove the old gondola building at the summit, it is an eyesore anyhow. This will eliminate walking around the building and make access to Rumor a lot easier.
2. Move The top of Cloud 50' or so to the skiers right this would make the access downhill from the Rumor entrance, most of it is clear already from the aborted "Innuendo" and the old lift-line
3. Replace the Summitless (High Peaks") chair with one that actually goes to the summit.

mattchuck2
10-10-2006, 02:11 PM
That chair used to go to the summit . . . I don't know why they shortened it . . .

Removing the Old Gondola building should definitely be done ASAP.

Other than that . . . I don't think starting Cloud from the mistake trail is very much different than the way it is now . . . you'd go down a little bit, but then you'd have to go back up again to get to the current area of the trail . . .

I don't know what the solution is for that area . . . Although I don't really mind the way it is now . . . After all, with the obesity problem in this counrty, everybody could use a few yards of skating to get in better shape.

Harvey44
10-10-2006, 02:55 PM
I like the suggestions. Heck let's get rid of all signs of the old gondola. Like I said I don't mind the skating. Gets my heart going before I risk it all on NY's steepest headwall.

M

Lbtchnlgs
10-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Now that I think of it, skating reminds me how much more fun it is to go down the mountain :wink: