PDA

View Full Version : Hiking

tjf67
10-11-2006, 10:00 AM
So I have been doing some hiking since I have been up here and get a lot of satisfaction after the hike is done. WHat I am noticing is that the walk up the mountain is fine it is on the way down my feet get ripped to shreds.
Is this something everone experiences?

freeheelwilly
10-11-2006, 10:15 AM
descending is harder. unless you're on skis.

Phineas
10-11-2006, 10:51 AM
So I have been doing some hiking since I have been up here and get a lot of satisfaction after the hike is done. WHat I am noticing is that the walk up the mountain is fine it is on the way down my feet get ripped to shreds.

keep hiking and your feet will toughen up :twisted:

Tsavolion
10-11-2006, 11:02 AM

u have soft girlie feet and hands. hiking down doesnt bother my feet, just knees. maybe you need to invest in a nice pair of hiking socks.

jackstraw
10-11-2006, 11:21 AM
tj- get a better pair of boots, something with a good mid-sole for support and make sure they lock your heel down, just like a ski boot. also, i started using spring action poles for the accent as well as the decent. it took a lot of pressure off my knees and feet. bottom line is that going down pretty much sucks...wait for the snow, hike up and ski down.

Phineas
10-11-2006, 11:27 AM
R4 old guys!! I take the stress off by using momenteum: run, jump run then use the flat areas to ditch speed. good ski trainning - less stress, less effort

Jack UR a serious poser

jackstraw
10-11-2006, 11:38 AM
R4 old guys!! I take the stress off by using momenteum: run, jump run then use the flat areas to ditch speed. good ski trainning - less stress, less effort

Jack UR a serious poser

"run, jump run" i bet u throw a little skip in there too...cheese ball! i think tj is hiking more than his backyard w/ the dog!!

we all know who the poser is!!!

freeheelwilly
10-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Speaking of which, check out SAC (http://www.steepandcheap.com) right now

highpeaksdrifter
10-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Speaking of which, check out SAC (http://www.steepandcheap.com) right now

Glad you put that up Willy, I just ordered a pair. :D

ajl50
10-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Duct tape.
That's all that keeps my feet from getting torn up. No matter the boots when i descend i get heel blisters. My solution was to duct tape over my heels. Works like a charm.

Phineas
10-11-2006, 01:33 PM

Jack UR a serious poser

"run, jump run" i bet u throw a little skip in there too...cheese ball! i think tj is hiking more than his backyard w/ the dog!!

we all know who the poser is!!!

come get some spring action pole guy.. :x

tjf67
10-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Duct tape.
That's all that keeps my feet from getting torn up. No matter the boots when i descend i get heel blisters. My solution was to duct tape over my heels. Works like a charm.

Sounds like a solution. I will give it a try. If that does not work I will have to toughen up, buy some sox and start dancing down the trail.