PDA

View Full Version : Which trail represents Gore the most?

Lbtchnlgs
10-12-2006, 08:42 AM
If you had to represent Gore by displaying one trail, what would it be? :?:

mattchuck2
10-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Ummm . . . Let's see . . . I guess the combination of Twister/Twister Glades.

Twister Represents the Mountain's Lower half, with GREAT cruisers, good grooming, and fast skiing.
Twister Glades represents the wilder side of Gore. One of the longest gladed trails in the east, it provides tons of tree lines (and even more if you hike up to Burnt Ridge).

Although, if I wanted to show off Gore to someone, I'd take him down Rumor - steep, bumped, and usually full of quality skiers.

St. Jerry
10-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Gore-e-gully.

Adk Keith
10-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Gore-e-gully. :D :D :D

I would agree with the above, but to show off Gore's history I would choose Upper Darby and Lower Steilhang. Love those narrow twisty trails.

Son of Drifter
10-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Ummm . . . Let's see . . . I guess the combination of Twister/Twister Glades.

Twister Represents the Mountain's Lower half, with GREAT cruisers, good grooming, and fast skiing.
Twister Glades represents the wilder side of Gore. One of the longest gladed trails in the east, it provides tons of tree lines (and even more if you hike up to Burnt Ridge).

Although, if I wanted to show off Gore to someone, I'd take him down Rumor - steep, bumped, and usually full of quality skiers.

Rumors a good one b/c you have to skate to get there and gore's all about the skate. :twisted:

Lbtchnlgs
10-13-2006, 12:52 PM
I too would have to go with twister. It is my favorite first run of the day there is always good cover and the grooming is awesome. One of my favorite parts of the trail is the dip on skiiers right before you connect with showcase

10-19-2006, 07:31 AM
What Gore would want us to say: Rumor, with some of the steepest pitches this side of the Rockies.

What most of you are saying: Twister, because it's great and soft and fun.

In reality, Gore-E-Gully(new and old)...................dedicated family mountain/stingy freeride mountain.

Tobesssss
10-19-2006, 07:35 AM
I think the true splender of Gore Mountain is best described with its extremely technical Cloud trail. It combines every aspect of skiing. Steep slopes for those of us that really want to feel the adrenaline pumping as well as deep pow for the adventerous types out there. I also think its a great learning environment for those of us starting out who really want a feel for the mountain before they simply dive into it. Overall I would say that the majority of people come to Gore simply for Cloud and that it accuretly represents the mountain in full.

alexcaraco
10-20-2006, 10:08 PM
i would say the nastar track, because that represents all gore cares about to the fullest- park, pow, and freeriding.

colonel klink
11-01-2006, 04:46 PM
PETE GAY

mikebike
11-05-2006, 08:49 PM
I would say Hawkeye..... or Showcase...

adksara
11-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Reminds me off old mountain - kind of scruffy :D

goreviper
11-09-2006, 07:17 PM
How come nobody has mentioned Lower Steilhang? If you want the old scool Gore you have to include Upper Darby also. :wink:

Jkilgariff
11-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Rumor is steep but its creative layout lacks the character found in Upper Darby or Lower Steilhang.

Adk Keith
11-29-2006, 08:48 AM
How come nobody has mentioned Lower Steilhang? If you want the old scool Gore you have to include Upper Darby also. :wink:

Umm 9 posts up?? :shock:

goreviper
11-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Thanks Kieth. I guess I'd better get new reading glasses. :oops:

Lbtchnlgs
11-29-2006, 12:26 PM

agree with these choices as well

Harvey44
11-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Something about Showcase. Those steps...down, over, down, over down, down, down. On teles, for me, it's a challenge to go all the way down without stopping. I had always assumed that the Triple was the first liftline installed and that Showcase was the first trail cut. Does anyone know if this is true?

Lbtchnlgs
11-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Something about Showcase. Those steps...down, over, down, over down, down, down. On teles, for me, it's a challenge to go all the way down without stopping. I had always assumed that the Triple was the first liftline installed and that Showcase was the first trail cut. Does anyone know if this is true?

The last drop on showcase is the best. I think it was two years ago I was up there early season when they opened showcase with knee deep powder after a early dump. Once you got past the 3M style wet snow on top it was one of the most leg burning series of pow runs i've ever taken. It was indeed a wonderful day. Speaking of pow i poached Chat. last year or the year before before it was open with about a foot of fresh on it, there are so really great rises and dips on that trail, there were times it felt like i cleared 20 feet before landing again.

Ohhh powwdah. where are you?

xalexjx
11-30-2006, 07:54 PM
i would have to say foxlair to sunway on a busy sat afternoon, lol, jk, i would have to say chatamac when it has soft bumps on it,

alexcaraco
12-04-2006, 04:21 PM
PETE GAY

hahahahahahaha.

mikebike
12-04-2006, 10:11 PM
I think last winter Colonel Klink went down on Gay pete ooops I mean pete gay :oops:

colonel klink
12-07-2006, 12:28 PM
I think last winter Colonel Klink went down on Gay pete ooops I mean pete gay :oops:

YES, gay pete is my hoe

alexcaraco
12-07-2006, 03:33 PM

hahaha! oh my god owned. nice one

mikebike
12-07-2006, 05:09 PM
thanks Alex.... I get a good one now & then

MidnightCarving
12-08-2006, 03:30 AM
i've got to go with twister for gore's classic long cruiser runs, and lower steihlang for the upper mountain, not only becuase of its geography, but becuase of its seemingly elusive appearance on the openings list... i think i see it opened only once or twice a season.

alexcaraco
12-10-2006, 02:03 PM
seems like twister is a big favorite. its one of mine for sure.

jimmer
12-10-2006, 02:52 PM
after a long day banging on top where there all good its nice to do a high speed cruiser down sunway to cutoff to twin fawns ,niice even more so with some pow. :D :D 8)