PDA

View Full Version : Blazer's Bluff

highpeaksdrifter
10-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Now that we know John's Bypass will be ready to go this season, what about Blazer's Bluff?
It's on the trail map and not as proposed terrain.

oldskibum
10-13-2006, 07:42 PM
HPD, do you think they will build a bridge or keep the trail between lower sky and the brook ?? You can't tell much from the trail map, not to scale you know. Then again, maybe it's just what it says,----a bluff !! haha

AdironRider
10-15-2006, 01:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I bet they make a bridge though as a natural snow bridge forms over that brook every year. Doesnt really make a difference though, that part would just be a runout anyways. I would think they could get it open this year if they wanted, its already pretty cleared out in there (the headwall is a natural slide).

Im really pumped for this trail. The headwall looks like it will become the steepest, albeit very shortm pitch on the mountain.

highpeaksdrifter
10-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Im really pumped for this trail. The headwall looks like it will become the steepest, albeit very shortm pitch on the mountain.

Got some good news for you Aride, Blazer's Bluff will be open this season. They couldn't lay snowmaking pipe for it or John's Bypass for this season. The plan is to drag hoses from existing pipe through the woods to make snow on those trails. :D

AdironRider
10-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Amazing.

Faceplant
10-27-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm told that it's sortof an introduction to the slides.i.e. check this run out before you go for the big league stuff.

highpeaksdrifter
10-27-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm told that it's sortof an introduction to the slides.i.e. check this run out before you go for the big league stuff.

Look who's back. Where have you been Plant?

Tsavolion
10-27-2006, 01:48 PM

Maybe for you. stop sitting around drinking wine for lunch and maybe you will be able to ski it.

oldskibum
10-29-2006, 08:30 PM
FP, where have you been all summer??? You just disappeared in April, into a vat of, Budweiser, was it ? Welcome back anyway.