PDA

View Full Version : Check out zoomable map

Phineas
10-18-2006, 02:52 PM
http://www.whiteface.com/newsite/onmtn/trailmap.php

not sure why is says proposed?? should say proposed and APPROVED!!!

Son of Drifter
10-18-2006, 03:52 PM
http://www.whiteface.com/newsite/onmtn/trailmap.php

not sure why is says proposed?? should say proposed and APPROVED!!!

That terrain will be sweeeeeeeeeet. Look at all those all glades. HEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA :twisted:

NPN
10-18-2006, 04:11 PM
I was hoping the lift would end on top of the ridge.

Ah well.

Does anyone know the time line attached to this expansion?

Son of Drifter
10-19-2006, 08:18 AM

Ah well.

Not soon enough. Hopefully they'll start after this ski season but there's some freaking little bird that keeps pushing this expansion back. :twisted:

Phineas
10-19-2006, 08:39 AM

Ah well.

Not soon enough. Hopefully they'll start after this ski season but there's some freaking little bird that keeps pushing this expansion back. :twisted:

its a money thing

Son of Drifter
10-19-2006, 10:25 AM

Ah well.

its a money thing

Cut the school budget then. Kids these days aren't learning anything in school anyway since they don't give a rats ass anymore. Why keep pouring money into a losing operation. :twisted:

highpeaksdrifter
10-19-2006, 10:59 AM
[its a money thing

How does that work? Does the money have to be legislated every year, come out of specific funds, WF profits?

Will the election of a new governer have a big impact on the money or is it already covered from past legislation?

Tsavolion
10-19-2006, 11:55 AM
[its a money thing

How does that work? Does the money have to be legislated every year, come up of specific funds, WF profits?

Will the election of a new governer have a big impact on the money or is it already covered from pat legislation?

Money has to be legislated and a new governor certainly could have a big impact as it is not already legislated. In a sense i suppose it would have to do with profits from whiteface. the better whiteface does the more money legislature would want to put into it. This governor has been very good to no. country in general. lets hope the next one is. Lets hope there is a parting gift for us before he leaves office!

highpeaksdrifter
10-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Money has to be legislated and a new governor certainly could have a big impact as it is not already legislated. In a sense i suppose it would have to do with profits from whiteface. the better whiteface does the more money legislature would want to put into it. This governor has been very good to no. country in general. lets hope the next one is. Lets hope there is a parting gift for us before he leaves office!

I hope his parting gift is an early retirement incentive similar to the 2000 one. I keep hearing rumors. If it happens I’ll take it and move to LP at least part time.

NPN
10-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Does anyone know if Elliot is a skier/rider?

Tsavolion
10-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Does anyone know if Elliot is a skier/rider?

i dont believe so---he doesnt seem like the outdoorsy type and i dont think he had stepped foot in the adks before he decided to run for office. but, i could be wrong and i havnt paid that much attention to it.

Tsavolion
10-19-2006, 01:24 PM

I hope his parting gift is an early retirement incentive similar to the 2000 one. I keep hearing rumors. If it happens I’ll take it and move to LP at least part time.

people have been rumoring that for two years. i wouldnt hold your breath on that one.

Son of Drifter
10-19-2006, 03:34 PM
[its a money thing

How does that work? Does the money have to be legislated every year, come out of specific funds, WF profits?

Will the election of a new governer have a big impact on the money or is it already covered from past legislation?

Profits???? I doubt WF makes much of a profit if any. That place is NEVER crowded and look at all the lifts and what not they have to keep running. No profits there. :twisted:

highpeaksdrifter
10-19-2006, 03:46 PM
people have been rumoring that for two years. i wouldnt hold your breath on that one.

I know, but false hope is better then no hope.

AdironRider
10-19-2006, 04:05 PM
I was talking with the Whiteface rep at St. Lawrence yesterday as I was filling out the paperwork on my pass and he said the new trails will hopefully be cut next summer. After that he said snowmaking and a new lift would go in the summer after that. So 2 seasons at least, most likely more.

10-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Yummy delicious glades. Too bad as mentioned it didn't hit the top of the ridge.