PDA

View Full Version : New Site and New Trail

10-19-2006, 07:43 AM
www.goremountain.com

You all know the site. Got a semi-format facelift for the upcoming season.

Plus, a new "Ruby Run" trail, to finally give a substitute to that icehole of a snow(ice!) knuckle that is called Fairview. Green circle running adjacent.

P.S. Gore Pllllleeeeeasssseee tell me you re-did the pitch for the bottom portion of Lower Cloud. The ONLY good thing about fairview was the ability to pick up speed to fly through the flats(okay incline) that is Lower Cloud>>Mid-Station. Without a re-pitching it's going to be a traffic jam and a half.

Lbtchnlgs
10-19-2006, 07:59 PM
the only problem w. ruby is that it comes out in the flats of cloud and you gotta cover the flats you still hit when you take fairview. unless they did some grading

10-19-2006, 09:02 PM
They MUST have done some grading. They literally HAD to to make it work.

Son of Drifter
10-20-2006, 07:53 AM
They MUST have done some grading. They literally HAD to to make it work.

More skating less skiing. :twisted:

alexcaraco
10-20-2006, 09:45 PM
i say no way. the way gore does everything else, i say its still inclined. huge traffic jam at bottom of fairview, wasted trail. please prove me wrong gore.

mattchuck2
10-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Mike Pratt (General Manager of Gore) said that the whole new trail is going to have a grade that is equal to the grade from the saddle lodge to the top of Wild Air . . . . We'll see.

BigAirJay
10-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Yea gore did spend maddd money making a nice, wide, level trail for beginners. From what I know, the trail is suppose to be a steady grade all the way down, except on the turns. The trail was wicked tricky to build, because they needed to blast out more tons of rock that you can even imagine to accomplish this. They did say it was the same grade as from the saddle lodge to wild air, but I haven't heard anything about what cloud is going to look like, so I am guessing that it will still be a flat. either way it will open up more terrian for beginners, and spreading out people on the lower mountain, so I think it was a good idea.

10-24-2006, 06:51 AM
It's a good idea because it will also deter beginners from the dangerous and techy fox lair drop. As easy as that is, it's daunting and pretty unnerving for beginners, first thing off the lift.

Yah it got rid of some tree stashes, but theres always more. It's not so bad, as long as they grade it.

mikebike
11-05-2006, 10:00 PM
I think it will be good to clean up foxlair....and when (ICEVIEW) is icy and windblown it will make a nice way to get to the saddle with out facing the WIND on the Adirondak Express.... and we all know it can get brisk on that chair at times. :D

alexcaraco
11-05-2006, 10:25 PM
I think it will be good to clean up foxlair....and when (ICEVIEW) is icy and windblown it will make a nice way to get to the saddle with out facing the WIND on the Adirondak Express.... and we all know it can get brisk on that chair at times. :D

true i did not think of that.

Lbtchnlgs
11-05-2006, 11:53 PM
I was up at the mtn on saturday- still white on top but it looked patchy. Talk to a lady in the lodge said that they are all finished blasting. Now its a waiting game

adksara
11-07-2006, 08:14 PM
This was taken Sunday 11/5 from Cloud facing the rubble pile that is still to snake to the left and dump out onto Cloud... not sure what the final pitch to the lodge will be because as you can see from the picture there is still ALOT of rubble to be moved.

Fairview is kind of tucked behind the rubble pile to the left of the picture and if you look close there is a small lone pine in the middle of the rubble that looks like the "marker" for the trail to start turning to the left toward the Saddle.

I know it's not the best image but you can only catch so much with a camera.

We'll all be there soon I hope - so we'll see then I guess. Supposedly they had a bit more blasting to do Monday and then it's rock moving time!

-ADKSara
http://upload4.postimage.org/1592771/CloudRubyS.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1592771/photo_hosting.html)

mikebike
11-07-2006, 09:10 PM
it will be interesting to see how it all looks when complete...thanks for the early look