PDA

View Full Version : Best time to go

cmay218
10-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Coming to Whiteface for the first time this winter. Planning my trip now. Can anyone advise as to when would be the time to go for the best shot at good conditions? I was thinking early February...

freeheelwilly
10-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Coming to Whiteface for the first time this winter. Planning my trip now. Can anyone advise as to when would be the time to go for the best shot at good conditions? I was thinking early February...

i would think mid to late Feb is probably best (any stats or averages out there?) but early Feb's not bad. The whole mountain will be open. To a certain extentthough it just comes down to luck. Good luck. 8)

NPN
10-19-2006, 03:44 PM
The two things you need to factor in to February is President's Week crowds, and the fact that it is an El Ninio Winter this year.

highpeaksdrifter
10-19-2006, 03:49 PM
The two things you need to factor in to February is President's Week crowds, and the fact that it is an El Ninio Winter this year.

I never factor in El Ninio or any of the other crap weather forcasters try to feed us months in advance.

Like anywhere else in the Northeast early to mid March is da bomb.

Tsavolion
10-19-2006, 03:51 PM

March is a good time - big World Cup snowboard event March 9-11 will have mountain in tip top shape, World Class Half pipe to play in, warmer weather, blue sky days...

NPN
10-19-2006, 06:44 PM

I never factor in El Ninio or any of the other crap weather forcasters try to feed us months in advance.

Like anywhere else in the Northeast early to mid March is da bomb.

Okay, the THING you need to factor in to February is President's Week crowds.

But, if you put weather trends into your master "show up" equation, an El Nino Winter in the East historically affects a typical warming trend in January, and early February.