PDA

View Full Version : its a good thing

jackstraw
10-20-2006, 02:06 PM
that i post on this board!!'

jeeezuss...u sure know how to blow smoke! what is this place...a marketing melee for wf?

posers!! :twisted:

highpeaksdrifter
10-20-2006, 02:24 PM
what is this place...a marketing melee for wf?

Yeah kinda. It's basically for people who want to take about skiing at WF and Gore. Now I know your a fan of "HaHAHAHAHA YOU'RE A HUFFY RIDER HAHAHHAHA" type of threads, but not everybody is looking for that. I'm not putting it down if that's what floats your boat, but some people just want to talk about skiing at WF. Just sayin.

Son of Drifter
10-20-2006, 02:26 PM

jeeezuss...u sure know how to blow smoke! what is this place...a marketing melee for wf?

It's a good thing I don't know where you live. :evil: :twisted:

Tsavolion
10-20-2006, 02:41 PM

Yeah kinda. It's basically for people who want to take about skiing at WF and Gore. Now I know your a fan of "HaHAHAHAHA YOU'RE A HUFFY RIDER HAHAHHAHA" type of threads, but not everybody is looking for that. I'm not putting it down if that's what floats your boat, but some people just want to talk about skiing at WF. Just sayin.

ok dad

Phineas
10-20-2006, 02:43 PM

I gave an honest assessment based on past experience. we do get clippers in early december - it is very dry snow - I said fingerX for upper mtn and to mange thier expectations...

hiking w/ spring loaded poles is for old people or poser - since I know UR not old I guess that makes U the poser!!! hahahahahahahahahahahafuhahahahahahahahafuagainhaa hhahaahahhaahahah

freeheelwilly
10-20-2006, 02:49 PM
boooy[/i] stopped gazing at his navel for a second and]that i post on this board!!'

It's snowing Jackie Boooy! And December really was great here last year (seriously). It's not always that good. Let's hope for a repeat.

When are you gettin' over here brother? That might be fun.

jackstraw
10-20-2006, 02:57 PM

hpd- im just sayin...let's here some truth and be realistic. predicting the skiing east side in Dec is a complete shot in the dark. 90% of the time it is not great. 95% of the time the hill in not 100% open. its basically preseason, jeez its not even winter until the month is almost over. if you live in lp or wherever the hill is, then ya, you'll get a good day or two. but to travel and plan an vaca for a specific wkend or week...good luck in Dec.

any time you want to talk about real skiing just post it...but when the thread is based on crystal ball predictions and bs from the hip to some flatlander...well then...im just sayin what i said.

jackstraw
10-20-2006, 03:01 PM
It's snowing Jackie Boooy! And December really was great here last year (seriously). It's not always that good. Let's hope for a repeat.

ya, and last Oct was epic at wildcat...but, it didn't last. last Dec was pretty good here as well, definitely not the norm. of course it went to hell right after for the rest of the yr.

freeheelwilly
10-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Jack I agree with everything you just said but I don't think anybody oversold it. Phinny's post was particularly cautious. I agree if you're in Michigan, why not head West? OTOH, if you're in Michigan, the Dacks are gonna seem pretty damn good. You ever been to Michigan? Pretty flat. Snowy, cold and flat.

freeheelwilly
10-20-2006, 03:07 PM

ya, and last Oct was epic at wildcat...but, it didn't last. last Dec was pretty good here as well, definitely not the norm. of course it went to hell right after for the rest of the yr.

NH had it rough last year. Hope you do better this year.

jackstraw
10-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Jack I agree with everything you just said but I don't think anybody oversold it. Phinny's post was particularly cautious. I agree if you're in Michigan, why not head West? OTOH, if you're in Michigan, the Dacks are gonna seem pretty damn good. You ever been to Michigan? Pretty flat. Snowy, cold and flat.

totally agree...phinster was very conservative and right on.

highpeaksdrifter
10-20-2006, 03:20 PM
hpd- im just sayin...let's here some truth and be realistic. predicting the skiing east side in Dec is a complete shot in the dark. 90% of the time it is not great. 95% of the time the hill in not 100% open. its basically preseason, jeez its not even winter until the month is almost over. if you live in lp or wherever the hill is, then ya, you'll get a good day or two. but to travel and plan an vaca for a specific wkend or week...good luck in Dec.

any time you want to talk about real skiing just post it...but when the thread is based on crystal ball predictions and bs from the hip to some flatlander...well then...im just sayin what i said.

Say whatever you want I for one like to read your opinions. These guys where axin for predictions, so some folks gave it to them. I had a great Dec. last year, could be better or worse this year, who knows?

Son of Drifter
10-20-2006, 03:45 PM

ok dad

What up sis? :wink: :twisted:

tjf67
10-23-2006, 07:59 AM

Except the tale about clippers. In december we are getting the noreasters that dump the snow. The clippers blow in from Jan on. After Jan I hope the noreasters stay away. They are big producers but also mountain wreckers. Give me clippers all winter long and let it pile up inch by inch.

Phineas
10-24-2006, 09:32 AM

Except the tale about clippers. In december we are getting the noreasters that dump the snow. The clippers blow in from Jan on. After Jan I hope the noreasters stay away. They are big producers but also mountain wreckers. Give me clippers all winter long and let it pile up inch by inch.

Clippers blow in from Hudson Bay before it freezes. WF's predominant DEC weather comes from the northwest - clippers off of Hudson Bay and lake effect that makes it over tug hill. NorEasters generally get sucked up by the green mtns - unless thier is blocking to the northeast alot of NorEaster miss WF (stay too south and east). when we get NorEaster usually it is because a blocking system creates super counter clockwise and WF gets the tail end. wind dump wind and then blue sky.

watch your local weather this season - when U see high pressure zooming down from Hudson Bay dont be surprised that WF gets 6-inches plus of ADK Dry. lots of years past Dec would get clipper after clipper and no one knew it was piling up except those who were on the hill.. :twisted:

Clippers are most prevelant mid DEC through early Jan - be4 Hudson Bay and the great lakes freeze.

tjf67
10-24-2006, 10:10 AM

Clippers blow in from Hudson Bay before it freezes. WF's predominant DEC weather comes from the northwest - clippers off of Hudson Bay and lake effect that makes it over tug hill. NorEasters generally get sucked up by the green mtns - unless thier is blocking to the northeast alot of NorEaster miss WF (stay too south and east). when we get NorEaster usually it is because a blocking system creates super counter clockwise and WF gets the tail end. wind dump wind and then blue sky.

watch your local weather this season - when U see high pressure zooming down from Hudson Bay dont be surprised that WF gets 6-inches plus of ADK Dry. lots of years past Dec would get clipper after clipper and no one knew it was piling up except those who were on the hill.. :twisted:

Clippers are most prevelant mid DEC through early Jan - be4 Hudson Bay and the great lakes freeze.
I will and report back :wink: Been watching the weather channels charts for years.