PDA

View Full Version : The Slides

cmay218
10-21-2006, 09:17 AM
Could someone out there give me the DL on The Slides. Maybe some comparisons to other places, etc. Also...how often is it open? Looks pretty sweet from the pics..reminds me of Mittersill in NH, but steeper. Thanks

Skibum4Life
10-22-2006, 07:27 PM
They are cool but opened rarely.

Some are steeper than others and the scenery is spectacular. You do have to go with a group when they open and usualy accompanied by some sort of patroller or guide.

My advice, try for them for the sake of doing them then hit the trails like Cloudspin and Skyward while they are open. Every expert skier is looking to get to the slides when they are open. The rest of the black diamonds on the mountain ROCK when they are open.

jackstraw
10-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Could someone out there give me the DL on The Slides. Maybe some comparisons to other places, etc. Also...how often is it open? Looks pretty sweet from the pics..reminds me of Mittersill in NH, but steeper. Thanks

very different from mittersill. the slides are natural slide paths. mittersill is an old ski area that was cut in.

Tsavolion
10-24-2006, 09:05 AM
They are cool but opened rarely.

Some are steeper than others and the scenery is spectacular. You do have to go with a group when they open and usualy accompanied by some sort of patroller or guide.

My advice, try for them for the sake of doing them then hit the trails like Cloudspin and Skyward while they are open. Every expert skier is looking to get to the slides when they are open. The rest of the black diamonds on the mountain ROCK when they are open.

you are completely wrong Skibum...they changed the way they opened the slides last year. they were open a lot last year. there is info on http://www.whiteface.com/newsite/onmtn/slides.php

jackstraw
10-24-2006, 02:28 PM
you are completely wrong Skibum...

whats new :roll: