PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite hangout in LP?

highpeaksdrifter
10-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Mine are:

P.J. O'Neill's - best beer in town
The Station - low key, good eats
Lisa G's - right across the street from The Station, good eats, big screen TV for games

NPN
10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
It burnt to a very expensive crisp last year!

Denison
10-24-2006, 05:23 PM
P.J. O'Neill's is the ground floor of LP Pub and Brwery, right? I was there for first time this Octoberfest weekend. Very good beer.

highpeaksdrifter
10-24-2006, 06:05 PM
P.J. O'Neill's is the ground floor of LP Pub and Brwery, right? I was there for first time this Octoberfest weekend. Very good beer.

That's right. Upstairs is ok, but I like it better downstairs. Fooz Ball, pool table.

ajl50
10-24-2006, 06:20 PM
The cottage's outdoor fire pit.
And the sports bar next to the ice skating rink that had nickel night on thursday nights - I used to go there with co-counselors when i worked at summer camp up there. That place was a place.
Oh - and the couch in front of a fire after skiing all day.

ajl50
10-24-2006, 06:42 PM
that was a dumb post.
"that place was a place."
yea..I meant to say that place was a blast.

highpeaksdrifter
10-24-2006, 06:53 PM
that was a dumb post.
"that place was a place."
yea..I meant to say that place was a blast.

Don't worry about it, I've read much dumber posts then that. Which reminds me where's Phineas been anyways? :lol:

campgottagopee
10-25-2006, 08:08 AM
PJ's for me too. Kick ass brew and darn good fish n chips.

tjf67
10-25-2006, 08:21 AM
Lisa G's.
Zig Zags(dart board)
Cottage
Beer pub. I like the bar sports down stairs but the smell gets to me.
My basement. Dart board, good music, cheap beer, and anything else I feel like

Tsavolion
10-25-2006, 09:51 AM
i dont hang out in LP much..i like going to cloudspin for an apres drink or two and then going back to cozy KV. if i did hang out it would be at Lisa g'sssssssssssssss

ajl50
10-25-2006, 10:05 AM
speaking of places...
there was a restaurant in LP- i think Bistro La Liberte (?) that was downstairs in the park right on main street- like under the EMS. What happened to that place? And has anybody eaten at the new bistro across from the indoor ice center? I wanted to try it last time but choose the brown dog place instead.

joyparkway
10-25-2006, 10:20 AM
My basement is my favorite LP hangout. Darts, music, very short and legal commute up to my bed.

Tsavolion
10-25-2006, 10:40 AM
speaking of places...
there was a restaurant in LP- i think Bistro La Liberte (?) that was downstairs in the park right on main street- like under the EMS. What happened to that place? And has anybody eaten at the new bistro across from the indoor ice center? I wanted to try it last time but choose the brown dog place instead.

it was richards freestyle and it is no longer there and nothing opened in the old spot. the sign is still there though for some reason. richard now is chef at interlaken. very good, but very expensive. new place across from olympic center, isnt new, its nicolas and it moved from up the street where it used to be over where starbucks is now. nicolas isnt good. milano north moved to where nicolas used to be. i havnt been there, but i like provence and milano in albany and they are the same owners. similiar to nicolas, but better.

ajl50
10-25-2006, 10:55 AM
You sure- I could have sworn like 10 years ago under EMS was a rest. named bistro somehting...I remember going there with my parents like three or four times one summer.
Then again I could be wrong- whatever.

Phineas
10-25-2006, 11:31 AM
speaking of places...

if so its called Luminer (sp) and its very good.

tjf67
10-25-2006, 11:37 AM
speaking of places...

Speaking of places. Italian=Jimmies Steak= Petes. Chinese there is one place in town closer to the stewarts. Its the only game besides take out ut it is pretty decent. Get the amazing chicken haha

Tsavolion
10-25-2006, 12:12 PM
You sure- I could have sworn like 10 years ago under EMS was a rest. named bistro somehting...I remember going there with my parents like three or four times one summer.
Then again I could be wrong- whatever.

the one under ems is freestyle--it was something else before it was that. if you are talking 10 years ago it probably was bistro something.

Tsavolion
10-25-2006, 12:13 PM
i dont hang out in LP much..i like going to cloudspin for an apres drink or two and then going back to cozy KV. if i did hang out it would be at Lisa g'sssssssssssssss

i forgot about the cowboy!!! thats where i usually go!

jackstraw
10-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Tsavolion place...what about you ghosty?

Son of Drifter
10-26-2006, 10:47 AM
The Four B's. Can't beat it. Lisa G's and the Station are tied for second. :twisted:

alexcaraco
10-26-2006, 07:31 PM
the cottage, or tom vardens house.

highpeaksdrifter
10-27-2006, 01:06 PM

KV is nice, I like it alot. It’s surprising to me how expensive houses are there. I think it’s worse then LP. One real estate agent told me they refer to that area as the Hamptons of the ADKs.

Phineas
10-27-2006, 02:10 PM

KV is nice, I like it alot. It’s surprising to me how expensive houses are there. I think it’s worse then LP. One real estate agent told me they refer to that area as the Hamptons of the ADKs.

Your crew should check out the Ausable Inn. Rooms are like 30 or 40 bucks or something like that. When coming up on a Friday night it B a convenient lodging/bar/dinner hook-up. Save U from driving up the pass in the dark. Excellent boneless hot wings and burgers.. Rooms are clean. Crowd is fun - especially after midnight!

Its only a 15 minute drive to WF.

Tsavolion
10-27-2006, 03:44 PM

Your crew should check out the Ausable Inn. Rooms are like 30 or 40 bucks or something like that. When coming up on a Friday night it B a convenient lodging/bar/dinner hook-up. Save U from driving up the pass in the dark. Excellent boneless hot wings and burgers.. Rooms are clean. Crowd is fun - especially after midnight!

Its only a 15 minute drive to WF.

they are characters right out of a crazy indie film