PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest bed in LP

Lbtchnlgs
10-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Where is the cheapest place to stay in lake placid? Ive had a pass to gore for the past 4 or 5 seasons and have been to the face before so im not a complete newbie.

Im a student so i wanna find the cheapest place to stay so i can stay at the face for 3-5 days during winter break to session the mountain.

Phineas
10-27-2006, 02:37 PM
motel/hostel on rt 73 on the way in2 LP also a hostel next to High Peaks Cycle on Main Street - heard the rooms are less than 20 a night

Lbtchnlgs
10-27-2006, 03:07 PM
20 or less? thats awesome thanks a lot

Tsavolion
10-27-2006, 03:40 PM
20 or less? thats awesome thanks a lot

or just stay in wilmington...

maybe that jackrabbit inn..just 1/4 mile closer to LP than the hostel. people stay there, i see cars there all the time. i personally would rather sleep in my car.

Lbtchnlgs
10-27-2006, 03:59 PM
I think it would be cheaper to stay in the $20 hostel. With gas prices how they are it would be at least $25 to stay warm in a car :wink:

NPN
10-27-2006, 05:11 PM
The Jackrabbit Hostel is as good as a hostel gets ( I used to stay at the Jackrabbit Motel all the time, and have friends who are regulars at the hostel, so I speak from great experience ) short of going to Europe.

The rooms are newly remodeled, crazy clean, and come with the use of a HUGE community kitchen, and common room with multiple cable TVs.

Ken ( the owner ) is a great guy to boot.

If he is full, his father runs Cascade Cross Country Ski Center just up the street, and it also offers a hostel opportunity.

There is also what I think is called The High Peaks Hostel farther down 73 right on the edge of town. Another friend of mine stayed there last year, and it seemed okay. It's a house that's been converted to a hostel, and he paid $25 a night.

Lastly, you have ADK's Heart Lake Lodge. More expensive, but meals are included.

Good luck.

kerovick
10-28-2006, 08:51 AM
I'm not familar with what a hostel is? Can some one enlighten me?

Kero

Lbtchnlgs
10-28-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm not familar with what a hostel is? Can some one enlighten me?

Kero

I wasn't too sure what it was earlier; and after seeing the movie Hostel I didn't even want to know the details :wink: They can vary from number of rooms and each room has a bunch of bunk beds in it. You pay for a bed not a room, this way you may be sleeping with strangers. For the price you cannot beat it especially at the jackrabbitinn. Check out the site to get a better feel on what they are. www.jackrabbitinn.com

p.s-Thanks for all the ideas everyone

kerovick
10-28-2006, 09:42 AM
I still have the cheapest rate in the area. My wifes grand parents like about 60 mins from whiteface and we stay for free cause they love us!!

Kero

wondertrev
10-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Just transfer to Plattsburgh State....

Skibum4Life
10-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Jack Rabbit Hostel, Cobble mountain lodge

Cobble is cleaner and more private, but a little more.

Lbtchnlgs
10-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Just transfer to Plattsburgh State....

I'm actually thinking about it. I most likley would have gone there origonally but I didn't have the grades so i can to cortland because football got me in