PDA

View Full Version : Place to stay?

IWant2SKI
10-27-2006, 08:08 PM
I was looking for a place to stay that is close to the mountain and is a family resort. I have never been to the area so i really do not know much about it. I was also wondering if there are resturants and things to do around the base of the mountain for non-skiers?
Just trying to plan a ski trip for the family for this winter.
Thanks for any help!!

Lbtchnlgs
10-28-2006, 01:15 AM
i love the name you use for the forums. my last name is Iwinski. they are quite alike

ajl50
10-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Whiteface doesn't really have anything build up at its base like many other mountains. (And I love that about it) The "resort" aspect with restaurants, shops and lodging is in the town of lake placid which is a 10 minute drive from whiteface. In Lake Placid you find the organic version of every interwest resort village- A charming main street, a diversity of shops and a wide range of lodging options from condos, to homes to rent, to hotels available at every price range.
For non-skiers lake placid had tons to do - ice skating, snowshoeing, cross -country skiing, spa treatment...whatever you want

IWant2SKI
10-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Whiteface doesn't really have anything build up at its base like many other mountains. (And I love that about it) The "resort" aspect with restaurants, shops and lodging is in the town of lake placid which is a 10 minute drive from whiteface. In Lake Placid you find the organic version of every interwest resort village- A charming main street, a diversity of shops and a wide range of lodging options from condos, to homes to rent, to hotels available at every price range.
For non-skiers lake placid had tons to do - ice skating, snowshoeing, cross -country skiing, spa treatment...whatever you want

thanks! :D

NPN
10-28-2006, 12:03 PM

Which is why all of the ski mags keep giving it the gold medal award for off hill activities in the US/Canada ( and it's not purchased propaganda either, the opportunities truly deserve the title ).

Any non-skier/rider in your group has no worries when it comes to finding endless ways to enjoy their time in Lake Placid, and 99% of those activities are just a short walk through, and around the village, so you don't need to worry about having the vehicle up at the mountain with you. But, if you want to be a real sport, you can leave the vehicle with them, and take the free shuttle ( which runs all day ) up to Whiteface.