PDA

View Full Version : rock pile

jackstraw
10-30-2006, 01:04 PM
we're starting off good again this yr...hopefully she'll continue....

Conditions at 5:08 AM
Weather: Freezing fog, blowing snow

Temperature: 14°F

Wind: W 120 mph

Visibility: 50 feet

Relative Humidity: 100%

Station Pressue: 23.31" rising

Ground Conditions: 9" snow/ice/rime on ground w/ deeper drifts

24 Hour Statistics
Maximum Temperature: 20°F

Minimum Temperature: 13°F

Peak Wind Gust: W 158 mph

Average Wind Gust: 88.7 mph

Liquid Precipitation: 0.59"

Snowfall: 3.2"

Almanac Data
Record High: 48°F (1989)

Record Low: -2°F (1966)

Average Daily Temperature: 26°F

Average Monthly Melted Precipitation: 7.66

Average Monthly Snowfall: 13.80

Total Snowfall So Far This Month: 41.5"

Average Monthly Winds: 34.1

Sunrise: 06:13

Sunset: 4:43

freeheelwilly
10-30-2006, 01:15 PM
8)

Phineas
10-30-2006, 01:31 PM
:D

10-30-2006, 04:24 PM
:shock:

Tsavolion
10-30-2006, 04:25 PM
:mrgreen:

alexcaraco
10-30-2006, 05:24 PM
:o :!:

Lbtchnlgs
10-30-2006, 06:51 PM
:?:

NPN
10-30-2006, 09:39 PM
With this type of catchy, and alluring banter no wonder RSN, and Whiteface pulled the plug.

10-30-2006, 10:20 PM
It's also extremly easy to see free advertising be turned into a "good e-time" by fellow skiers and riders and be pretty upset the mountain isn't continually being hyped and talked up in every post...There has to be some leway for this to work right...Take jokes, because everyone here can...and they all ride your mountain!

NPN
10-30-2006, 11:32 PM
It's also extremly easy to see free advertising be turned into a "good e-time" by fellow skiers and riders and be pretty upset the mountain isn't continually being hyped and talked up in every post...There has to be some leway for this to work right...Take jokes, because everyone here can...and they all ride your mountain!

Hesus, try this again when you don't have a snoot full.

I get that I am very new to this forum, but I also see you as a consistent reason why someone considering advertising in this type of forum wouldn't.

This property is a gift, worked on, and created by people who should be respected for their timeless efforts.

In my opinion get it, or walk.

p.s.- If your post was motivated by my earlier comment in this thread, then it is you who missed the joke.

Rossi B1's
10-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Does it seriously blow that hard there?

highpeaksdrifter
10-31-2006, 05:59 AM
Does it seriously blow that hard there?

current world record of 231mph for a measured wind speed recorded at Mt. Washington, NH in April 1934

So it sure does blow hard.

10-31-2006, 07:16 AM

Hesus, try this again when you don't have a snoot full.

I get that I am very new to this forum, but I also see you as a consistent reason why someone considering advertising in this type of forum wouldn't.

This property is a gift, worked on, and created by people who should be respected for their timeless efforts.

In my opinion get it, or walk.

p.s.- If your post was motivated by my earlier comment in this thread, then it is you who missed the joke.

May I ask why "I' am the type of person? I enjoy this board and so do multiple friends of mine on here...all the while we've been season pass holders to Gore/WF for 4 years running and continually spend money there....it's not like we come here to rag on a mountain that means nothing to us...we come here to connect with other people who ski the same places, share the same information, and overall have the same strange affection to Gore/WF, and with snowsports in general.

Maybe I am the type of person they don't want....maybe.

Enjoy the board, enjoy yourself on it(respectfuly), and enjoy the mountains. That should be the motto here.

P.S. the more people on here, the more fun they're having, and the more overall talk of the mountains is what advertisters want...they want an extremly active forum with as many unique hits as possible, it's about traffic...maybe not SO much for Gore/WF, but certainly for anyone else who wants to advertise with AlpineZone.com...this sites mother. Get active, talk it up. It's the only way.

jackstraw
10-31-2006, 08:58 AM
With this type of catchy, and alluring banter no wonder RSN, and Whiteface pulled the plug.

you don't like snow reports? should we talk about scooters instead? what do you want?

10-31-2006, 10:16 AM
Jackstraw stop the negative attiude you l003rz.

It's a snowreport, and stoke to follow...enjoy that.

10-31-2006, 10:16 AM
The first part was as a joke to you JS.

The second sentence was to NPN.