PDA

View Full Version : New upgrades to the snowmakeing

tjf67
11-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Have they gotten the improvements done to the snowmaking?

Was over at the mountain yesterday looking around. That kids campus building is looking pretty good.

Is that parking lot grading complete? I was looking at it yesterday and the lower entrance is going to creat a 30 foot in circumference pond at the top around 10 inches deep.

ajl50
11-01-2006, 11:33 AM
I thought that they made big upgrades last year with the new grate/cover on their pump intake house to keep it from freezing up and with their vastly improved snowmaking on the summit.

Tsavolion
11-01-2006, 12:03 PM
I thought that they made big upgrades last year with the new grate/cover on their pump intake house to keep it from freezing up and with their vastly improved snowmaking on the summit.

upgrades last year and more this year too...all highlighted on whiteface website.

ajl50
11-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Great. Perhaps some of these upgrades will include not aiming the guns by the NASTAR start house at the face of skiers. I always ski through that area in a total crouch.

freeheelwilly
11-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Great. Perhaps some of these upgrades will include not aiming the guns by the NASTAR start house at the face of skiers. I always ski through that area in a total crouch.

At the top of tower ten hill? Slow down there dude. There's a lot of people of varying abilities on that pitch - little kids too. It's the only way down for them if they left mid via lower valley (other than x-ing danny's bridge but most don't) Why not go over to draper's if you want to fly? steeper pitch, fewer folk. win win. just sayin'.

Phineas
11-01-2006, 01:47 PM

At the top of tower ten hill? Slow down there dude. There's a lot of people of varying abilities on that pitch - little kids too. It's the only way down for them if they left mid via lower valley (other than x-ing danny's bridge but most don't) Why not go over to draper's if you want to fly? steeper pitch, fewer folk. win win. just sayin'.

tower ten hill is chair 6 tower 10 at ladies drop/crossover loop... come on already...

freeheelwilly
11-01-2006, 01:56 PM
mmmmmm...you sure? what say the rest of you? the tenth tower as you go up lower valley is right by the nastar starthouse which is at the top of that pitch. what do the judges say?

ajl50
11-01-2006, 01:58 PM
First I certainly do go slow on all secitons of lower valley and I often do cut over to drapers because you can really go fast. I'm just saying that right before that last large pitch on lower valley- right next to the nastar start house those guns are aimed pretty low.

By the way- when i say crouch i don't mean like racing crouch- I mean slow crouch trying to duck under the guns.

Also - anybody know what the lowest temp they can make snow at is?

freeheelwilly
11-01-2006, 02:02 PM
lowest temp? no idea. highest temp you hear thrown about is 28 but i guess that's not really right. depends on humidity and pressure i think. "wet bulb" temp is what the snow maker guys talk about. what is that? damned if i know.

Jack the Ripper
11-01-2006, 02:07 PM
tower ten hill is chair 6 tower 10 at ladies drop/crossover loop... come on already...

Sorry dude but its right after the start house not under chair 6. That's just called ladies drop.

freeheelwilly
11-01-2006, 02:11 PM
8)

Tsavolion
11-01-2006, 02:33 PM
lowest temp? no idea. highest temp you hear thrown about is 28 but i guess that's not really right. depends on humidity and pressure i think. "wet bulb" temp is what the snow maker guys talk about. what is that? damned if i know.

geez--mr. science u aint