PDA

View Full Version : i-pods. Is it cool to ski with 'em?

freeheelwilly
11-01-2006, 01:59 PM
some say no. that it's anti-social or dangerous or both. I ski a lot with phineas and tlion so believe me - it's i-pod all the way. The louder the better! :lol: :lol:

ajl50
11-01-2006, 02:01 PM
I think dangerous but nowhere near as dangerous as skiing drunk, without a helmet, out of control or skiing on terrain way above your head.... so i don't have a problem with them.

freeheelwilly
11-01-2006, 02:03 PM
i do all those other things too. 8)

Jack the Ripper
11-01-2006, 02:04 PM
some say no. that it's anti-social or dangerous or both. I ski a lot with phineas and tlion so believe me - it's i-pod all the way. The louder the better! :lol: :lol:

I'll be sporting one this year. I can't jack it into my helmet like the cool kids but I'm looking forward to having Flogging Molly blasting in my ear while I blast some bumps. 8)

jackstraw
11-01-2006, 02:28 PM
personally, i don't like to ski w/ tunes. although, i don't care if others do, but i do think its somewhat irresponsible to ski in the woods w/ tunes on. i also feel like you're not 'living in the moment'...but then again, some are better at multi-tasking then others.

take running for instance, i can't run to music. i cannot get into any kind of a rhythm w/ the tunes on...

Tsavolion
11-01-2006, 02:31 PM
toonage all the way..and ditto for you and mrs. willy...louder the better!

Phineas
11-01-2006, 02:40 PM
in a controlled environment like park/pipe no problems - but elsewhere uncool - except riding gondie. crack it up and clip your lip willy!!

U cant hear anyone above U/ below U, whats coming.... and if someone is down U can ski right by w/out hearing an SOS..

totally uncool

hearing is important - skiing can be a contact sport...

freeheelwilly
11-01-2006, 02:44 PM
"totally" uncool? "totally"?

Actually some of that makes sense. How about on a very uncrowded day where most of those risks are marginalized/non-existent?

Phineas
11-01-2006, 02:49 PM
"totally" uncool? "totally"?

Actually some of that makes sense. How about on a very uncrowded day where most of those risks are marginalized/non-existent?

On the uncrowded day the brother reeling from the blunt force trama needs U most.....

Tsavolion
11-01-2006, 03:09 PM
in a controlled environment like park/pipe no problems - but elsewhere uncool - except riding gondie. crack it up and clip your lip willy!!

U cant hear anyone above U/ below U, whats coming.... and if someone is down U can ski right by w/out hearing an SOS..

totally uncool

hearing is important - skiing can be a contact sport...

you can listen to music on a low volume and still hear people

tjf67
11-01-2006, 03:19 PM
I would say that is safer to ski without music in your ears. Does not mean I dont and wont do it. I would get the stiletto and plug that into the helmet.

11-01-2006, 03:32 PM
I love skiing with music in my ears. Yes it's antisocial but sometimes that's just okay...along with the fact you're not actually talking while riding...so if you dont mind pausing/stopping/starting when you feel the need...by all means do it.

If I'm with a big group I usually won't bump it, but if it's me and a few close good friends that all keep up with each other....then the tunes come on. Tunes up in the G10 and Sony Monitors for over the goggles...because I'm suchhhh a gangstah park rat.

freeheelwilly
11-01-2006, 03:33 PM
I would say that is safer to ski without music in your ears. Does not mean I dont and wont do it. I would get the stiletto and plug that into the helmet.

it's definitely safer - but by how much? I think that safety thing is overblown. phinny's just bitter 'cus he doesn't have a super-wired helmet like mine. It's blue tooth compatible too so you can actually call my helmet. (There's rarely anyone home though.)

You could launch a missle with my helmet! 8)

tjf67
11-01-2006, 03:41 PM

it's definitely safer - but by how much? I think that safety thing is overblown. phinny's just bitter 'cus he doesn't have a super-wired helmet like mine. It's blue tooth compatible too so you can actually call my helmet. (There's rarely anyone home though.)

I think it is safer for the people around you. Not yourself . OK you may not hear the occasional person out of control comming at you but heck keep woody down hill and you will be fine.

Tsavolion
11-01-2006, 04:19 PM

HA!

AdironRider
11-01-2006, 05:24 PM
When your really ripping wind noise drowns everything else out anyways so the loss of hearing issue is pretty BS if you ask me.

I rock my ipod mini all the time when Im riding. I love getting in a groove while riding.