PDA

View Full Version : conditions

skiXRC800
01-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Whats the best place to find conditions for this mountain? I have never been to Whiteface but I enjoy expert skiing, moguls and glades. It looks pretty sweet for these things. But all I have heard about Whiteface is its cold and icy. Is this true? What month has the best conditions?

highpeaksdrifter
01-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Whats the best place to find conditions for this mountain?

http://www.whiteface.com/newsite/

I have never been to Whiteface but I enjoy expert skiing, moguls and glades. It looks pretty sweet for these things. But all I have heard about Whiteface is its cold and icy. Is this true?

It's not true. It is no colder then any other ski resort in approximately the same latitude.

Like any NE ski resort it can get icy at times, but the ICE Face days are long gone. The snowmaking system is very efficient and so far this winter we have gotten our fair share from mother nature.?[/quote]

What month has the best conditions?

Like most other areas March is usually the best month.

We have all the things you mentioned in you post and more. If your coming and would like to hook up post it here. Lots of friendly people there too. :D

Welcome to the board.

takeahike46er
01-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Whats the best place to find conditions for this mountain?

Other than the Whiteface website, the occasional ski report here and firsttracksonline.com can give some idea of how the mountain is skiing.

I have never been to Whiteface but I enjoy expert skiing, moguls and glades. It looks pretty sweet for these things.

It is. WF has a good variety of expert terrain: steep cruisers (Skyward), narrow bump runs(Empire), wide bump runs(Wilderness), tight chutes(Cloudsplitter), terrain parks, snowfields,etc. If you like a variety of terrain you will enjoy WF. If you ski in the woods all day and only enjoy only narrow, winding bump runs-- you might get bored.

But all I have heard about Whiteface is its cold and icy. Is this true?
It can be both, just as any mountain in the northeast can be when the weather is right(wrong).

Despite the myths that prevail, Whiteface is not eternally shrouded in arctic air, blanketed with constant freezing rain. It is subjected to the same weather patterns as found throughout the northeast. As I would recommend to anyone about to go skiing (no matter where they are about to go) check the weather.

What month has the best conditions?

Definitely March. Softer snow. Peak snowpack. Most terrain open.