PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk About a New Moderator

highpeaksdrifter
11-07-2006, 10:35 AM
If anyone is interested please PM me and I'll try to set it up with Greg. I've freakin had it.

Jack the Ripper
11-07-2006, 10:40 AM
If anyone is interested please PM me and I'll try to set it up with Greg. I've freakin had it.

I'll do it. Before everyone gets too excited about it, I will have a zero tolerance policy on cursing, flame wars, or anything else that would get us kicked off WF main page. My first and foremost goal would be to keep us on the WF main page and I won't let ANYONE mess with that. That's my platform. :twisted:

Phineas
11-07-2006, 10:44 AM

I'll do it. Before everyone gets too excited about it, I will have a zero tolerance policy on cursing, flame wars, or anything else that would get us kicked off WF main page. My first and foremost goal would be to keep us on the WF main page and I won't let ANYONE mess with that. That's my platform. :twisted:

U swear all the time and start problems..

no way I vote for HPD

freeheelwilly
11-07-2006, 10:46 AM
I'll do it. seriously. and it wouldn't get outta hand either. but i'll be damned if i'm gonna sit there making subjective decisions about where a post belongs and moving it all over the place. that's infuriating. nobody wants to serach all over the place to find their posts. why can't greg just get over himself and bud out. we were doing just fine.

Phineas
11-07-2006, 10:46 AM

what is the problem?? everything seems 2b going fine... :twisted:

Greg
11-07-2006, 11:05 AM
why can't greg just get over himself and bud out. we were doing just fine.
How about I simply pull the plug on this place entirely? Let's not forget who's paying the bills here...

freeheelwilly
11-07-2006, 11:16 AM
How about I simply pull the plug on this place entirely? Let's not forget who's paying the bills here...

LPE (lamest post ever)

what happened? did you just get tired of the fact that the forum was starting to pop a little bit and was catching on? had to come in and screw it up, huh? unbelievable. :roll: you'll go down as the guy who nuked his own forum. that's funny! :lol: :lol:

Tsavolion
11-07-2006, 11:28 AM

LPE (lamest post ever)

what happened? did you just get tired of the fact that the forum was starting to pop a little bit and was catching on? had to come in and screw it up, huh? unbelievable. :roll: you'll go down as the guy who nuked his own forum. that's funny! :lol: :lol:

Hes an outcast on his own forum. Admit it greg, you were the one that PM'd HPD about the clickishness. Nobody else would care. Thats what forums are. They are conversations between people. If you arent there for the conversation, you wont know what happened. if i went to another online forum, it would appear clickish to me too, because i havnt been paying attention. The point is that if you want to know, you pay attention and visit regularly. its simply foolish to think that you are going to have a successful forum when you wont allow people to speak freely about topics they want to speak about. I think the power of running you own forum has gone to your head.

ajl50
11-07-2006, 11:30 AM
I'm certainly not an insider to this mess and I have no idea what is going on so i say this with a lack of information. Would you all just shut up about where posts go and if they get deleted. Does it matter? No. Just having a forum for people who enjoy skiing at whiteface to talk about what they enjoy and what the conditions are is enjoyable. Why does it have to descend into people talking about each other, hijacking threads and generally acting like idiots. Are you too immature to control what you post? Are you three? Come on.
As far as I'm concerned HPD has done a fine job.
If you want to talk smack go find a basketball court or something. If you have something constructive to say then post it otherwise why not just go do something else. If you can't then I would absolutely support pulling the plug.

Greg
11-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Hes an outcast on his own forum. Admit it greg, you were the one that PM'd HPD about the clickishness. Nobody else would care. Thats what forums are. They are conversations between people. If you arent there for the conversation, you wont know what happened. if i went to another online forum, it would appear clickish to me too, because i havnt been paying attention. The point is that if you want to know, you pay attention and visit regularly. its simply foolish to think that you are going to have a successful forum when you wont allow people to speak freely about topics they want to speak about. I think the power of running you own forum has gone to your head.
Outcast here? Most definitely. And that's what I think is most lame about this. Again, I set this forum up as a courtesy to give you guys an alternative to the now dead RSN board. I've made a lot of contacts over the years with folks in the Industry. Because of this, I was able to get the ORDA folks to link to this forum. The agreement there was that it would be run similar to AlpineZone which is the most popular Northeast skiing forum out there right now. So, yes. I do have experience setting up a successful community. So remember SkiADK was to be modeled after AZ all along with rules that any civil person should have no problem following. I went to a New York ski area media event in Manhattan last week where several ORDA, Whiteface and Gore reps were in attendance. I was in a somewhat uncomfortable position since I know this forum is starting to revert back to what RSN was. It's almost like I didn't live up to my end of the deal there.

Nevertheless, after getting a bit of friction here I decided to back off. Then I come in and create a Misc forum that your moderator, HPD, supports and I get hell for it. I simply can't seem to win with a select group here. It really shouldn't have been that hard to see the Misc forum and that the off-topic threads were moved there. Seems any little opportunity to bash Greg is jumped on here. That effort is let by FHW with his little group of sheep jumping on board. What a great bunch of guys - I would really love to ski with some of you someday... :roll: Oh, by the way HPD asked for the word censor as well because some members simply couldn't refrain from dropping F-bombs. I guess I'll take the blame for that too.

Some of you should really learn to not look a gift horse in the mouth....

AdironRider
11-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Im about as far out from the "click" as any regular poster here and I think that this forum is going to die naturally on its own if things keep running the way they are. At this point this place is good for nothing other than conditions reports and news about the mountain - everything else gets deleted or edited or whatever. Ill stick to TGR for the fun content I guess.

Jack the Ripper
11-07-2006, 11:56 AM

Do whatever you want mister. We sorry mister. Ohhh please don't do that mister. :roll:

When the kids picked on you on the playground I bet you said something like....I'm taking my ball and going home. Way to step up and show your maturity (sp). :roll:

SHUT IT DOWN THEN. :roll: :roll: :roll:

tjf67
11-07-2006, 12:00 PM

Do whatever you want mister. We sorry mister. Ohhh please don't do that mister. :roll:

When the kids picked on you on the playground I bet you said something like....I'm taking my ball and going home. Way to step up and show your maturity (sp). :roll:

Ghost, wille, SOD, woody,
Give the guy a break he does have a job to do. You all enjoy posting why cant you just abide by the rules. Your showing no respect for HDP(especialy you sod).

ajl50
11-07-2006, 12:03 PM
"At this point this place is good for nothing other than conditions reports and news about the mountain - everything else gets deleted or edited or whatever. Ill stick to TGR for the fun content I guess."
ummm - what's the problem with conditions reports and news about the moutain. What is fun content? Don't you have a phone or email that you can use for this "fun" content?

Greg
11-07-2006, 12:08 PM

You're right. Here's how we proceed: These are the Forum Policies (http://forums.skiadk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2). They haven't changed. They will be strictly enforced. All options are back on the table (including banning) and I will resume my role as lead moderator/admin. I tried to back off and give you guys some breathing room and I still get totally disrespected for it.

Jack the Ripper
11-07-2006, 12:17 PM
[/quote] You're right. Here's how we proceed: These are the Forum Policies (http://forums.skiadk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2). They haven't changed. They will be strictly enforced. All options are back on the table (including banning) and I will resume my role as lead moderator/admin. I tried to back off and give you guys some breathing room and I still get totally disrespected for it.[/quote]

:roll:

highpeaksdrifter
11-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Greg never pmed me about Inside Joke Posts. I thought the Misc. forum would be a good idea. The only reason this forum exist is because I asked Greg to start it and he did it as a favor. He has a couple of simple rules in a forum he owns, runs and pays for and some how he's a bad guy? I don't get it.

AdironRider
11-07-2006, 12:40 PM
It becomes a problem when he doesnt allow any content other than "oh whiteface this, whiteface that". Thats going to get old really quick. Theres only so much you can talk about before your just repeating yourself. Ive mentioned this before, but if this board is only going to act as advertising for Whiteface, where we cant talk about community stuff or criticisms, then what the hell is the point? Might as well get rid of it and just put some advertisement for Whiteface in its place.

highpeaksdrifter
11-07-2006, 12:44 PM
It becomes a problem when he doesnt allow any content other than "oh whiteface this, whiteface that". Thats going to get old really quick. Theres only so much you can talk about before your just repeating yourself. Ive mentioned this before, but if this board is only going to act as advertising for Whiteface, where we cant talk about community stuff or criticisms, then what the hell is the point? Might as well get rid of it and just put some advertisement for Whiteface in its place.

That's what the MISC. forum was for, so people could post whatever topic they wanted. Is it so freakin hard to click MISC. Forum?

Greg
11-07-2006, 12:45 PM
This is exactly what the Miscellaneous forum is for. Off-topic stuff. The Whiteface and Gore forums will remain as skiing-only topics with a focus on WF and Gore respectively. Everything else should be posted in Misc.

freeheelwilly
11-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Ghost, wille, SOD, woody,
Give the guy a break he does have a job to do. You all enjoy posting why cant you just abide by the rules. Your showing no respect for HDP(especialy you sod).

tj - this has nothing to do with hpd.

NPN
11-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I'll do it. seriously. and it wouldn't get outta hand either. but i'll be damned if i'm gonna sit there making subjective decisions about where a post belongs and moving it all over the place. that's infuriating. nobody wants to serach all over the place to find their posts. why can't greg just get over himself and bud out. we were doing just fine.

I'm new to this forum, but what seems to be causing this is a bunch of people who want to treat the forum as their personal chat room.

What I enjoyed when I first took a look at this forum ( like NPMB ) was a number of individuals talking, for the most part intelligently, about a shared passion, namely skiing/riding at Whiteface.

What I see now more than anything is a bunch of regular users posting clicish blah, blah that means nothing to anyone coming here to see, and share information about the mountain.

On NPMB that stuff is dumptrucked, as it should be here.

Instead of fighting for your off subject right to interact here, take the time to set up a chat room, and leave the forum to those interested in sharing useful information about Whiteface, and the surrounding area.

ajl50
11-07-2006, 01:16 PM
NPN- word.
I totally agree.
Use the Misc. for whatever you want. Make it as nuts as you want.
Rock out.
Leave the skiing related stuff in the sking related links.

Denison
11-07-2006, 01:55 PM
warm air has gotten into your heads, people ...

oldskibum
11-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Just to add my two cents, I have to agree with ajl50, 100%

Wa
11-07-2006, 06:21 PM
NPN- word.
I totally agree.
Use the Misc. for whatever you want. Make it as nuts as you want.
Rock out.
Leave the skiing related stuff in the sking related links.

Hello! Exactly! ;)
Thats the point of the misc section, I don't know what the big problem is. Most forums have off topic or random sections. I run two boards and each has a section for random topics as a place to post about random things so the topical boards don't get flooded with crap.