PDA

View Full Version : Should political discussion be allowed?

Greg
11-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Please vote in the poll and discuss in this thread.

Jack the Ripper
11-08-2006, 03:04 PM

Politics and religion talk have no place in bars or forums. Too personal for the people involved and no one is willing to back down from their beliefs on either subject.

campgottagopee
11-08-2006, 03:12 PM

Politics and religion talk have no place in bars or forums. Too personal for the people involved and no one is willing to back down from their beliefs on either subject.

Right on Rip!!! Rip for prez, you get my vote.

highpeaksdrifter
11-08-2006, 03:39 PM
As Greg knows I like to talk politics. I've had my hand slap at AZ more then once for doing so. When you do it flame wars are going to happen. If we had a Poltical Issue Forum anyone going in would know what they are getting into. If you don't want to play that then don't go in.

After last nights election results I can barely contain myself.

However, I do see the down side of a political forum, but we could try it and see how it goes,

Jack the Ripper
11-08-2006, 03:41 PM
As Greg knows I like to talk politics. I've had my hand slap at AZ more then once for doing so. When you do it flame wars are going to happen. If we had a Poltical Issue Forum anyone going in would know what they are getting into. If you don't want to play that then don't go in.

However, I do see the down side of a political forum, but we could try it and see how it goes,

No politics. No religion. That talk will ALWAYS cause problem. Too personal. :P

Greg
11-08-2006, 03:42 PM

We considered a separate political forum on AZ. We even considered making it private so anyone wanting to participate had to ask to be specifically let in. I believe the consensus was that AZ is predominantly about skiing and including politics did not add enough value to justify it. I'd be willing to add one here if you guys want - again, this is your chance to make changes.

Jack the Ripper
11-08-2006, 03:44 PM

We considered a separate political forum on AZ. We even considered making it private so anyone wanting to participate had to ask to be specifically let in. I believe the consensus was that AZ is predominantly about skiing and including politics did not add enough value to justify it. I'd be willing to add one here if you guys want - again, this is your chance to make changes.

IMO zero good will ever come of that forum. IMO

highpeaksdrifter
11-08-2006, 03:49 PM
We even considered making it private so anyone wanting to participate had to ask to be specifically let in.

Perfect

Tsavolion
11-08-2006, 04:30 PM
again - it should just be free flowing. its a stupid online forum- lighten up.

Lbtchnlgs
11-08-2006, 06:47 PM
no politics no religion

TakeIt2TheSlopes
11-10-2006, 04:33 PM
No politics just asking for more problems like last week,as far as religion ,God is always getting pushed aside as not to offend others, I say God Bless America and the foundation that this country was founded on. If you don't like it go chat or ski in some other country.

Denison
11-14-2006, 09:44 AM
I'd like to to reVote please, this time "no politics". Talking politics could be the fastest way to get link cut off from Whiteface.com website.

Demand a recount! 8)

Greg
11-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Bump. Please vote in the poll if you haven't yet.

jackstraw
11-20-2006, 12:57 PM
again - it should just be free flowing. its a stupid online forum- lighten up.

i agree...lighten up!

i typically won't participate in threads of that nature but i do read them and gain some insight on different perspectives...it's all good.

Harvey44
04-06-2008, 04:54 PM
I love to talk politics. But. Plenty of places to talk politics. I don't want to risk having this important resource shut down.