PDA

View Full Version : A Bit of Bad News

11-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Took the motorcycle out for a quick ride out to the face and back. They lost about 95% of the snow that they made last week. Kids campus might be done by Christmas. They built a shack in the upper/ NYSEF parking lot so they can charge people to park. When is it going to stop. Skiing is going to be an even more out or reach sport for the average family. Lockers went up to $200 for the season. Still cheaper than most areas but enough is enough. :( :( :( :( :(

cover
11-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Gotta admit they probably jumped the gun on making that snow to begin with, hopefully the weather turns for the better soon, although long range forecase isn't looking promising

JC7727
11-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Give it a few more days and all of the snow they made will be gone. Dosen't look good for a thanksgiving weknd opening.

AdironRider
11-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Im really pissed theyre charging to park this year. Which lots are they charging you for, and how much you think?

tjf67
11-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Its that little lot on the left when you head up to kids campus. We never park there anyways. Probably more to keep the riff raff out when they have event. Those are some pretty good spots if you can find one.

AdironRider
11-10-2006, 08:52 PM
I always thought that was a pay lot. I parked in there a few times when I went skiing with a couple rich guys from placid a couple years back. Figured it was a season pass per parking spot kinda deal for megabucks.

oldskibum
11-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Don't be such pessimists (sp) This snow thing happens every year!! We will be out there by thanksgiving, unless they run out of water. haha That parking lot is called the NYSEF lot, and yes they are charging $10.00 per day to park there. During special events (races) they use it as a media lot also. There will be free parking at kids kampus and on the other side of the bridge, with shuttle service, at least on weekends.

JC7727
11-10-2006, 11:21 PM
I am not being a pessimist however I am just about a meteorologist so deeper knowledge about the upcoming weather pattern influences my statements. :)

ajl50
11-10-2006, 11:23 PM
I think the weather pattern we're in is going be a cold month (below average) followed by an above average month. Since Oct. was like 10 degrees below average i think november will be above and then december below.
I really don't get bummed out over no early season. It can turn around real fast as november wears on.

tjf67
11-11-2006, 12:41 PM
I am guessing other 5% is gone today. Went hiking today and it was around 55 degrees at 7:30 this morning. Beautiful weather for Oct. Not so good today. They will be starting from ground zero when the weather breaks. Good luck mountain staff you have your work cut out for you.