PDA

View Full Version : Snowmaking Weather

highpeaksdrifter
11-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Looks like this weekend it will be cold enough at night to start making snow again. Still no major cold front in the long range forcast. I'd be thrilled to just ski Excelisor Thanksgiving weekend.

ajl50
11-14-2006, 05:05 PM
I don't think we'll be getting more than nighttime snow making weather until at least the end of the first week in december. It looks like the weather pattern will be keeping the real arctic air up in canada for a while...the good news is that we're going to be done with this real warm weather for a long time. I'm figuring a strong seasonal pattern will take hold.

JC7727
11-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Should be cold enough to make snow day and night starting this weekend and early next week.

NPN
11-14-2006, 06:01 PM
http://www.whiteface.com/newsite/

Now that would be a first, for me anyway.

I've never seen Whiteface open with the summit trails.

Does anyone remember if that has happened, and, if so, when?

highpeaksdrifter
11-14-2006, 06:05 PM
That would be awesome.

ajl50
11-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Well it seems possible now since they greatly upgraded the snowmaking up there before last winter. That would actually be awesome because that would mean by late december would we would be guaranteed top to bottom skiing.

oneotwoandcounting
11-14-2006, 06:19 PM
This will be my 26th year skiing WF and I have never seen the summit open to start the season. I think it was during Ted's days as Whiteface’s Manager that Mountain Run used to open before anything else. One year it was all bumped up on the first run of the season. That was fun but my legs sure hurt the nest day. It kept a lot of the "opening day speed demons" you get on opening day when Excelsior opens first waiting for something intermediate to open. I actually felt safer on bumps on Mountain Run that I did last year on Excelsior on opening day.

So much for being a “social butterfly” on The Mountain,

NPN
11-14-2006, 08:31 PM
This will be my 26th year skiing WF and I have never seen the summit open to start the season.

That's what I thought.

Thanks for the info!

highpeaksdrifter
11-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Looks like temps will be good for Sat. nite. Anyone heard for sure if they start up the guns then weather permitting?