PDA

View Full Version : K2 Public Enemy skis

Jack the Ripper
11-15-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm looking for a pair in the 160 range for a buddy. He's currently looking at $429 without the binding but I told him I'd try and find something better. Anyone have any leads or a pair from last year they want to get rid of?

NPN
11-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Ebay's got a bunch of them.

I tried to copy the link, but it wouldn't take here.

Just make sure that if he goes for something new, he double checks with K2 as most ski companies don't honor the manufacturer's warrantee if the product has been purchased on ebay.

Good luck.

11-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Dude, 160? How big is your friend?

Jack the Ripper
11-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Dude, 160? How big is your friend?

5'8" Low end expert. 10-15 times a year tops. He's been skiing blades for years so 160 will feel huge for awhile.

kerovick
11-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Make sure they center mount them if possible, us "bladers" A.K.A Ski boarders get used to the centermount

11-15-2006, 09:11 PM
5'8" Low end expert. 10-15 times a year tops. He's been skiing blades for years so 160 will feel huge for awhile.

I'd certainly say the 170 range still..and mount on the suggested line or +2cm. center mount = park only.

kerovick
11-15-2006, 10:15 PM
You know you could be right, he could be better off that way since he skis so little a year. I think I'd like them center mounted but I haven't been on skis in a few seasons(just bought a new of skis for the colorado pow, So I guess that's going to change) and I like playing in the park.

I concede.

Kero

Jack the Ripper
11-16-2006, 08:45 AM

I'd certainly say the 170 range still..and mount on the suggested line or +2cm. center mount = park only.

I disagree with the 170 range. Shorter is all the rage. I'm 6'2" and bought a pair of 170's this year. I'll let him decide how he wants them mount b/c he'll be skiing them not me.

kerovick
11-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Shorter is all the rage.

I agree my Boards are 90's and I'm 5 11

Jack the Ripper
11-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Shorter is all the rage.

I agree my Boards are 90's and I'm 5 11

You do the blades or I should say ski boards? The only thing bad about them is in any pow or heavy snow conditions my buddy always had issues and on any long flats I'd use one of my poles to tow his a$$ along. Other than that they seem pretty fun. 8)

kerovick
11-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Ski boards is the "proper" term. Snowblades is a model of skiboards made by saloman and was the most previlent one for awhile but there are much better ones now. I unfortunatlly have never had the oppurtunity to try them in the deep stuff but I still have Skis to if I need them for Pow days.

kero

Jack the Ripper
11-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Ski boards is the "proper" term. Snowblades is a model of skiboards made by saloman and was the most previlent one for awhile but there are much better ones now. I unfortunatlly have never had the oppurtunity to try them in the deep stuff but I still have Skis to if I need them for Pow days.

kero

He's been skiing on the Saloman snowblades for years now. Anything over mid boot was always a pain for him to ski through. He'd get speed then hit the heavy snow and almost do a faceplant. I think he'll like the twintips better. 8)

kerovick
11-16-2006, 02:57 PM
If I had the money, I'd get a set of twin tips for powder days myself. I did just get new skis but they aren't quite twin-tips (I got a really good deal; $200 with bindings)

Kero

11-16-2006, 03:44 PM
I disagree with the 170 range. Shorter is all the rage. I'm 6'2" and bought a pair of 170's this year. I'll let him decide how he wants them mount b/c he'll be skiing them not me.

Shorter is NOT all the rage...well for twins...dear god no. I'm 6'0 and on 182, 181, 189, and a 175 beater ski. My 197 pr7 GS ski dosen't even count. Length in twins is really necessary. You lose length with the twins, espicall full twins, and almost all park-twins are way softer compared to "normal skis"...so the extra length gives it the stability and just more....betterness. I'm all for long and fat.

highpeaksdrifter
11-16-2006, 04:06 PM

Shorter is NOT all the rage...well for twins...dear god no. I'm 6'0 and on 182, 181, 189, and a 175 beater ski. My 197 pr7 GS ski dosen't even count. Length in twins is really necessary. You lose length with the twins, espicall full twins, and almost all park-twins are way softer compared to "normal skis"...so the extra length gives it the stability and just more....betterness. I'm all for long and fat.

Youse are focusing too much on height, how much you weight is more important when picking a ski length. Also how and where you ski, if your laying out big ass GS turns on groomers you diffently want to go longer, if is trees your thing then shorter. Since most Adv. to expert skiers ski the whole mountain you have to find a good compromise.

Another factor you need to look at is stiffness in the ski when choosing length.

ajl50
11-16-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm 6 feet tall 200lbs and I ski 161cm K2's and I love them. I looked at longer skis but the shorter ones jsut felt better.

campgottagopee
11-16-2006, 05:18 PM
6' 4", 240 rock solid pounds and ready to rip it up on my new 178 Top Fuels. I agree with HPD that it'a a weight thing more than a height. Most of the time they go hand in hand.

11-22-2006, 07:45 PM
You guys are crazy. I can't ski anything a touch under 176, mounted anywhere. They feel so squirly, loose, unstable. I'm a hair or two over 6foot and I'm only 150lbs too. I understand conventional ski sizing does run a bit shorter(a bit*), but when it comes to twins, sizing up always is the right move. I'm stil a firm believer you friend should be on 174's.

kerovick
11-22-2006, 09:12 PM
After a few days on shorter skis you'd get used to it. I found it really werid at first.

Kero

Jack the Ripper
11-27-2006, 09:07 AM
You guys are crazy. I can't ski anything a touch under 176, mounted anywhere. They feel so squirly, loose, unstable. I'm a hair or two over 6foot and I'm only 150lbs too. I understand conventional ski sizing does run a bit shorter(a bit*), but when it comes to twins, sizing up always is the right move. I'm stil a firm believer you friend should be on 174's.

Too late now. I already delivered the goods. They looked too short to me as well but to each there own. His wife just drop a kid so I don't see him getting too much snow time this year.