PDA

View Full Version : Hitting stumps

Son of Drifter
01-09-2006, 01:14 PM
This quote from HPD needs the back story "The glades where all open. you had to watch out for stumps coming out of the snow (I hit one)"

At the entrance to the glades off Approach our hero stated to shame a yellow jacket (he's not yet a member of this forum) into skiing them. This skier doesn't do glades enough and was having second thoughts. After HPD called him and sorts of names with can't be repeated in this forum, he took off into the glades. S4L followed and I hung back a bit to give the relutant skier some glade tips (go slow, look at the space between the trees, etc) So after entering the glades and making a few turns I see HPD laid out and S4L helping him get a ski that popped off. It was a funny sight to see after all his trash talking on Approach. :twisted: We have to cut HPD a little slack seeing as he was as hung over as Bode Miller before the start of a race. :twisted:

Phineas
01-09-2006, 01:42 PM
This quote from HPD needs the back story "The glades where all open. you had to watch out for stumps coming out of the snow (I hit one)"

At the entrance to the glades off Approach our hero stated to shame a yellow jacket (he's not yet a member of this forum) into skiing them. This skier doesn't do glades enough and was having second thoughts. After HPD called him and sorts of names with can't be repeated in this forum, he took off into the glades. S4L followed and I hung back a bit to give the relutant skier some glade tips (go slow, look at the space between the trees, etc) So after entering the glades and making a few turns I see HPD laid out and S4L helping him get a ski that popped off. It was a funny sight to see after all his trash talking on Approach. :twisted: We have to cut HPD a little slack seeing as he was as hung over as Bode Miller before the start of a race. :twisted:

Yo HpD - U want to trade them Top Fuels for my Limes - let me know.. I think UB digging the Limes in the Trees

highpeaksdrifter
01-09-2006, 02:53 PM

#1 It’s tuff love baby. Our boy is plenty good enough to be in those trees. It was time to take off the skirt.

#2 Tyler always talking his nonsense, any shot at him has to be taken.

#3 He loved it. S4L told me that they went back in later in the day and it was Tyler’s idea.

# 4 I was laid out. My tip hit a stump, my ski released, and I kept going. I didn’t even go down I don't think.

highpeaksdrifter
01-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Yo HpD - U want to trade them Top Fuels for my Limes - let me know.. I think UB digging the Limes in the Trees

Thanks but no thanks. I love the TFs.

BTW next season Nordica is adding 2 skis to the Hot Rod lineup. The Jet Fuel and the Afterburner. 86 underfoot. The Jet Fuel & Afterburner will be like the TF/Nitrous relationship. Same dimensions, but the Jet Furl will have the metal sheet.

They’re also going to intro a line of twintips, including the Blower, with a 120 waist. I’ve seen it, they look like 2 snowboards. :lol: I'd like to try them just to see what they feel like.

Phineas
01-10-2006, 08:29 AM

Thanks but no thanks. I love the TFs.

BTW next season Nordica is adding 2 skis to the Hot Rod lineup. The Jet Fuel and the Afterburner. 86 underfoot. The Jet Fuel & Afterburner will be like the TF/Nitrous relationship. Same dimensions, but the Jet Furl will have the metal sheet.

They’re also going to intro a line of twintips, including the Blower, with a 120 waist. I’ve seen it, they look like 2 snowboards. :lol: I'd like to try them just to see what they feel like.

Nice.. 86 is getting in2 my comfort zone for high speed varrialbe conditions.