PDA

View Full Version : 06-07 ski season

xalexjx
11-23-2006, 06:21 PM
06-07 ski season, how many people will be there on sat? i still have to get my season pass, and if its anything like last year its going to be a mad rush, is it worth going or should i wait till the ski season gets a little better, i just got my new skis and want to try them out but dont want to destroy them the first day, so if i go i guess ill be on my old atomics,,

mikebike
11-24-2006, 07:25 AM
If I still lived there I would definately use my older skis till the base gets decent.

Since I don't .... I will live vicariously here on the board till my first skiing of the year --- which will be at Gore in the Middle of January. :roll:

But I am able to bicycle and camp year round so I am not complaining. I will ski about 15 days this year.
6 at Gore
5 in Utah
4 in Tahoe

Lbtchnlgs
11-24-2006, 07:36 PM
if you are true to your heart you will be there.

alexcaraco
11-24-2006, 08:52 PM
if you are true to your heart you will be there.

cute. haha.

MidnightCarving
11-24-2006, 10:44 PM
i agree, my freinds wont come with me, they're all saying its not worth it. They just don't have the passion. I don't know about you guys, but i look forward to digging my edges in again from the moment i leave the lot in the end of march.... even if it is just doing laps, its still skiing.

alexcaraco
11-25-2006, 11:38 AM
i have friends like that. it sucks.

goreviper
11-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Ok. I was there and waited for the gondola to open (late) took one run and left. Not groomed and grass to ski through at the bottom. Whiteface had it together yesterday. Gore took a swing and missed big time today. Why they couldn't get a groomer on it and at least cover one trail is beyond me. it was 18' last night. :(

adkman656
11-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Gondola opened before 8:30...so it actually opened early. Closed for about 20 minutes due to a maintenance problem...I skied all morning and it was rough but got better as it skied out. actually were some nice early season bumps in places this afternoon. According to the lifties they have had a temperature inversion all week...colder in the base than the top. They said the other day it was 20 in the base area and the top of the gondola was 37 degrees. Can't bitch about skiing in the sun and getting the carbon out of the legs ... it will get better as soon as mother nature lets winter take its hold. Lots of areas are closed including many in vermont...they even put two small park features in just to let the free skier crew have some fun...didn't seem like a bad attempt at all to me, considering the weather issues.

goreviper
11-25-2006, 02:57 PM
By my watch, which is atomic, the gondola opened later than 8:30. I was in line, were you Mr. ADKMAN. The web site says 8:30.

I noticed you didn't mention the grass you had to ski through. I'm sure it was fun for some. I just think the missed today and could have done better. Your appologies for the crew sound like marketing. The Gore crew is second to none so I've come to expect more from them.

I really don't care what ski areas in Vermont due. I don't support their economy, I support North Creek and New York skiing.

alexcaraco
11-25-2006, 05:44 PM
im pretty impressed they put the rainbow up. and yeah the weather has been screwing them hard just like every place else, give em a break.

adkman656
11-25-2006, 07:12 PM
So Gore Viper... we were in the same line..and maybe it did open after 8:30 but I walked out of the lodge at about 8:25, talked to a couple of folks on the deck and then got in the line and waited no more than 5 minutes before getting on the gondola...if you consider that opening late..so be it. As for the grass.. yup it was there and I skied through it. I also read the announcement they gave to everyone regarding conditions and considered not going, but once I skied I was glad I did. By mid day...which Mr GOREVIPER you apparently didn't stick around for, the skiing improved dramatically. oh well..different strokes for different folks.. i was just glad to be out there. I've skied Gore a long long time, and think they did a great job considering tough weather conditions all last week. if you'll read what I wrote before viper, I wasn't apologizing for the crew, I simply stated what a couple of them had told me. oh well.. i'll start the season out happy I was there, made some turns, didn't rip my edges out and had a fun day in the sun.. I'll leave the complaining to you.

St. Jerry
11-26-2006, 08:43 AM
I wasn't there but know for a fact there is a green gondola that likely was running at some point on Saturday.

Hute
11-26-2006, 08:28 PM
The trail wasn't too fabulous but damn it was fun. Just the feeling of snow under your feet.

jimmer
12-08-2006, 09:37 PM
skied thur + fri, today was alot better than yesterday ,they had a nice demo day got to try a bunch of skiies. but for being as cold as its been thought it could have been better, and they wernt blowing that much snow,at this rate it might be coverd by early feb 07, but i guess it could be worse. 8)