PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Blessing

highpeaksdrifter
11-27-2006, 08:36 AM
We got to ski under beautiful sunny skis this long weekend in spring like temps. I said to more then one person that if it was April this would be great, but in Nov., while it was enjoyable, in the back of my mind it was kinda depressing cause I want to get winter started.

Colder temps return of Fri., I hope that's the start.

AdironRider
11-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Ive heard some cold airs a brewing up in Canada that we should see come the weekend. Maybe even some lake effect.

ajl50
11-27-2006, 10:49 AM
I think that cold air should work its way in friday night. Originally the air was going to be really arctic but it looks like it will moderate some. Highs for a few days could be in the 20s and there will be very long windows of below 28 deg. and low humidty to make snow in. Actually the air warming a little bit is good because it means that the air will slide off the coast slower and hang around longer in my opinion. The way a low is looking to form in canada looks favorable for some lake effect snows to reach the adirondacks late this weekend. Also the back side of this cold air should hold some natural snow- at least enough to make it look wintery. Following this little cold stretch we should see some more average temp. air return and then around the 15-20th the onset of a good winter.