PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants

highpeaksdrifter
11-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Worse Giant meltdown since Joe Pazarcheck didn't take a knee in the Medowlands and Herb Edwards returned the muffed handoff for a touchdown with no time left.

Fassell must go.

Lbtchnlgs
11-27-2006, 08:47 PM
No one should go. Learn from this year. Tiki should stay one more year. If they could keep the players they have this year and play a in a healthy '07 season with Tiki Barber running the ball they would without a doubt be superbowl contendors

Jack the Ripper
11-28-2006, 11:38 AM
No one should go. Learn from this year. Tiki should stay one more year. If they could keep the players they have this year and play a in a healthy '07 season with Tiki Barber running the ball they would without a doubt be superbowl contendors

Put a fork in them. They're done. Eli has no clue. Tiki is getting ready for his close up. Plax is taking a page out of the Randy Moss play book and not trying anymore. Tom C has lost the respect of the team. They need to retool.

Jack the Ripper
11-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Worse Giant meltdown since Joe Pazarcheck didn't take a knee in the Medowlands and Herb Edwards returned the muffed handoff for a touchdown with no time left.

Fassell must go.

He's been gone. Tom Coughlin is the head couch.

highpeaksdrifter
11-28-2006, 12:04 PM

Fassell must go.

He's been gone. Tom Coughlin is the head couch.

:oops: How embarrassing to be me right now. :oops: I did know that, wasn't thinking.

jackstraw
11-28-2006, 12:15 PM
since i'm not in NY i haven't heard details of what exactly happened. but from just watching the highlight it looked as though the guy didn't want to get a penalty for roughing the passer? he thought vince had unloaded the ball?

i think the league has become overprotective of the QB. helmet to helmet and blatant unnecessary roughness is one thing but ive seen some questionable calls the past few seasons. whereas the QB had just unloaded the ball and the defensive guy is in a full sprint or mid-air, obviously unable to slow down, and they call a penalty. football is a contact sport!!!

highpeaksdrifter
11-28-2006, 12:49 PM
I agree with Jack. That Giant player was called for unnecessary roughness a game or 2 ago. The ticky tacky penalities they've been calling in defensive platers against QBs made it inevidable that it would cost a team a game sooner or later.

ajl50
11-28-2006, 01:03 PM
as an eagles fan I would like to point giants fans to week three when the giants pulled a titans on the eagles.
But I'll move on. The giants will beat the cowboys and then collapse.

tjf67
12-04-2006, 10:10 AM
coughlin needs to go. WHo call a time out with 143 left in the game when you are 35 yard from the endzone. Bring Parcells back

Jack the Ripper
12-04-2006, 10:40 AM
coughlin needs to go. WHo call a time out with 143 left in the game when you are 35 yard from the endzone. Bring Parcells back

If you want to call a timeout there, at least run the playclock down before doing so. Put a fork in the Giants. They're done.

Tsavolion
12-04-2006, 01:19 PM

If you want to call a timeout there, at least run the playclock down before doing so. Put a fork in the Giants. They're done.

could we please get a giants forum in here. i hate wading through this football talk to get to the good misc. discussions.

Phineas
12-04-2006, 01:50 PM

Plexico called the TO.. I cant wait for Moss and Toomer to return - Plexico is as smart as an onion! Giants just need to rely on him for those jumpball end zone passes.

Still Coughlin has 2go - was never in favor of Coughlin - argued w/ my bro over it... I dont understand why from 1st and goal in the 4th from the 4 they did not pound Jacobs up the middle. He just rambled on a power screen romp - Dallas was reeling and the G- men do not use Jacobs again; settling for a field goal... Play calling has been horrible - week after week...

Lbtchnlgs
12-04-2006, 02:07 PM
I agree with bad play callng. but even with good play calling giving the opposing team a 100 yard headstart with 9 penalties for 94 yards is tough to work with no matter who you are.

Jack the Ripper
12-04-2006, 02:51 PM
[/quote] could we please get a giants forum in here. i hate wading through this football talk to get to the good misc. discussions.[/quote]

Could you stop beating the dead horse? It's already been made into dog food and glue. 8)