PDA

View Full Version : Whats Happening: depression

Lbtchnlgs
11-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Updated their site this morning...

What's Happening: We look forward to reopening Thursday, December 7! :x

This season is becoming very frustrating. Lets just hope the snow gods are holding back to give us something worth waiting for.

Jack the Ripper
11-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Updated their site this morning...

What's Happening: We look forward to reopening Thursday, December 7! :x

This season is becoming very frustrating. Lets just hope the snow gods are holding back to give us something worth waiting for.

The snow gods are angry. We should give them a sacrifice or something.

Lbtchnlgs
11-30-2006, 03:04 PM
I am. My money in the season passes I have purchased

Lbtchnlgs
11-30-2006, 03:12 PM
If they don't plan to open until next thursay I hope they make great use of this snowmaking weather and blow some serious snow so we can get some long runs in. NO DOWNLOADING PLEASE!

Wa
11-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Sacrifice??
600 for the pass, 1300+ for new skis and boots for them to sit there doing nothing. Is that enough sacrifice?

mattchuck2
11-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Yeah, this sucks . . . I assume when they open on Thursday they'll have Topridge, Fox Lair, Wild Air and possibly Sunway open. They are probably bleeding money as we speak.

xalexjx
11-30-2006, 07:50 PM
they cant need all that much money, i allready paid for my season pass :!:

adksara
12-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Well it could be like hiking - on a big hike if I've been climbing like a madwoman for a while and then the trail heads down for a bit - the mountain seems to always pay me back with steeper climbs and awesome views...

...so...

...maybe we're in for one crazy snowy winter since we don't have any snow to speak of yet.

We'll see. I consider my seaons pass like this - the first day on the slopes is damn expensive and everyday after that is free :D

Keep the cheer and go out and do a snow dance...

Sara

alexcaraco
12-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Well it could be like hiking - on a big hike if I've been climbing like a madwoman for a while and then the trail heads down for a bit - the mountain seems to always pay me back with steeper climbs and awesome views...

...so...

...maybe we're in for one crazy snowy winter since we don't have any snow to speak of yet.

We'll see. I consider my seaons pass like this - the first day on the slopes is damn expensive and everyday after that is free :D

Keep the cheer and go out and do a snow dance...

Sara

that would be nice
but whistler got 12 feet this month
and we got nothing.
i hope your right.

MidnightCarving
12-04-2006, 09:07 AM
lol, i dont think gore got 12 feet all of last season.

and when whistler gets snow, it stays for the season

when gore gets snow.. it melts away within a month.

lets go with a record first season in history without a mid-january meltdown

alexcaraco
12-04-2006, 04:19 PM
yeah good one, i really hope that happens. it would be totally sweet. but you know, global warming has nothing to do with anything, it probly doesnt even exist.

sarcasm meter 10.

goreviper
12-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Sacrifices. :idea: Who is up for a bonfire to offer up our old rock skiis as sacrifice. Say, Fiday night at the old ski bowl around 7:00. I'll bring the lighter fluid.

NPN
12-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Sacrifices. :idea: Who is up for a bonfire to offer up our old rock skiis as sacrifice. Say, Fiday night at the old ski bowl around 7:00. I'll bring the lighter fluid.

BTW any new news about the developement over there?

mattchuck2
12-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Unconfirmed rumors say that 2 new lifts and 5 new trails (including the Burnt Ridge Pod) will be added by next winter - upping Gore's vertical from 2100 to 2600 feet.

I'll believe it when I see it, though.

goreviper
12-04-2006, 09:27 PM
The problem with the "development" is that all the nimby's and weekenders from jersey anf the island are doing there darndest to thwart the plan. As I understand it right now the ski area plans are facing a battle to become lumped in with the condo development to be considered as one master plan before all of the various agencies. Everyone should get a mail subscription to the North Creek Enterprise newspaper. Love or hate the editorials, at least you'll get some idea of what is happening. And which way the wind is blowing. It's also a good idea for all of us interested in skiing to pay close attention for any Public Comment periods or planning board reviews for the skiing development to voice positive input. The so called "evironmental" interests are usually well organized and can afford lawyers so we need to do what we can.

mattchuck2
12-07-2006, 04:46 PM
The problem with the "development" is that all the nimby's and weekenders from jersey anf the island are doing there darndest to thwart the plan. As I understand it right now the ski area plans are facing a battle to become lumped in with the condo development to be considered as one master plan before all of the various agencies. Everyone should get a mail subscription to the North Creek Enterprise newspaper. Love or hate the editorials, at least you'll get some idea of what is happening. And which way the wind is blowing. It's also a good idea for all of us interested in skiing to pay close attention for any Public Comment periods or planning board reviews for the skiing development to voice positive input. The so called "evironmental" interests are usually well organized and can afford lawyers so we need to do what we can.

So wait, are you for it or against it?

And I would've thought that weekenders from Jersey and Long Island would be for it . . . they love that Killington-like atmosphere.

I'm for the plan. It will increase the terrain, add a decent park, probably get a new bar or two, attract a little bit more of a social scene, and increase the amount of money going into the surrounding community.

goreviper
12-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Oh, I'm for it! It would be nice to ski some of the same terrain my father skied way back in the days of mile long hickory planks with leather straps. It would also give a major boost to the economy of the area.

NPN
12-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the info G, but I still don't get who is putting the proverbial wrench in the works. Are you saying the current weekend NJ/NYC/CT crowd is opposing the project?

goreviper
12-07-2006, 06:06 PM
I don't think it is any skiers that are opposed to the plan. I think maybe it the second home owners & transplants that may be a part of the problem along with the APA. I could be considered a transient myself but I don't fall into the catagory that would stifle growth and development. I honestly believe that a majority of the native residents are in favor of the expansion. After all it is the people that live here year round and depend heavily on recreation as an economic base that are to benefit the most. Jobs, infrastructure improvements, school taxes etc. I have been a long time critic of the APA and those that would shut off the north country at the Blue Line.

Wa
12-07-2006, 10:25 PM
I would think the people who own second homes would be for it, as it would increase the value of their homes.