PDA

View Full Version : ORDA Update Thread

Greg
12-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Periodically, I get updates via Email from the Communications department. I'll post them in this thread. Here's the latest from Tuesday:

Season’s greetings to my friends in the press.

It is with distinct pleasure that I report a feeling of nirvana. Yes, the skiing is that good. I have been out there Sunday and today. OH MY!!! Pick a trail…any trail…it’s powder and packed powder everywhere.

Last Friday we rec’d a 14” dump….the total so far this week is 9” and still flurrying tonight.

On top of this, we are now into the 21st consecutive day of around-the-clock snowmaking. The natural snow coupled with the man-made has made for a potent combination. This is a December for the ages. Heading into Christmas, we are offering epic conditions.

Whiteface opened its summit on dec 14….one of the earliest summit openings in history. Not only has the weather assisted, but as reported here previously, the work we did in the ausable river this summer where we installed another filter has enabled us to eliminate slush and ice from entering the intake. Now it’s just all water which we are running at maximum capacity. The difference is palpable and the comments from guests and season passholders has been all good.

Our cross country skiing is also par excellence with virtually all 50K set to open shortly.

Holiday vacationers are in for quite a treat. In addition to the conditions, tack on the off-hill activities here (bobsled rides, luge rockets, skating, ice show, ski jumps, etc) and we are stacked for a memorable 2 weeks. With all this snow and “normal” winter temps, it is truly a paradise here.

We hope to see you at some time this winter. Happy holidays.