PDA

View Full Version : Who's skiing tomorrow?

oldskibum
12-04-2006, 09:01 AM
We are planning on skiing tues. and Thur.. Got to get our legs tuned.

highpeaksdrifter
12-04-2006, 12:08 PM
OSB, here's an important assignment for you. We need to know where snowmaking is taking place and what trails are lined up for snowmaking next, and what they expect open for the weekend.

I know you can do it, You're da man for the job. :D

12-04-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm skiing on Thursday, Friday & Saturday this week. Have to go out of town on business tomorrow. It's cold up here, hi of 20 and now snowing hard. 4-5 inches tonight with a few tomorrow. They better have skiing top to bottom this weekend. Should be no excuses, it's been cold and the higher elevations had a couple of inches the other day.

kerovick
12-04-2006, 01:36 PM
I really like hearing that!

highpeaksdrifter
12-04-2006, 02:42 PM
4-5 inches tonight with a few tomorrow.

Where did you here that? I hope ur right, but I havn't seen that forcast.

AdironRider
12-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Ive already got an inch here in Canton (St Lawrence River valley) so Im sure Lake Placid should have at least that much. Nice fluffy lake effect snow as well. None of the wet mushy BS with no sign of letting up. Temps are going to be seriously cold to for the rest of the week. Just called the snowphone as well and theyre saying top to bottom by Wed!!!!!!

I stand by my prediction of Top to bottom via the standard Excelsior/summit express/ upper-lower valley as well as another option of Approach/mt run/ upper-lower valley. Approach isnt wide and shouldnt take em more than 1 night to get adequate coverage on if you ask me.

Tsavolion
12-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Ive already got an inch here in Canton (St Lawrence River valley) so Im sure Lake Placid should have at least that much. Nice fluffy lake effect snow as well. None of the wet mushy BS with no sign of letting up. Temps are going to be seriously cold to for the rest of the week. Just called the snowphone as well and theyre saying top to bottom by Wed!!!!!!

I stand by my prediction of Top to bottom via the standard Excelsior/summit express/ upper-lower valley as well as another option of Approach/mt run/ upper-lower valley. Approach isnt wide and shouldnt take em more than 1 night to get adequate coverage on if you ask me.

top to bottom excelsior and upper/lower northway