PDA

View Full Version : Now thats what Im talking about

AdironRider
12-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Base is covered in white at 945 mon morn!

http://www.whiteface.com/newsite/onmtn/webcams.php

kerovick
12-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Things are looking up!

Jack the Ripper
12-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Things are looking up!

The gods are pleased for once. And to think my wife was upset because I beheaded that small woodland creature and did a snow dance naked covered in its blood in my backyard. Who cares what the neighbors think? We got snow making weather. :twisted:

happytrails
12-04-2006, 11:31 AM
The webcam had me smiling ear to ear this morning. It's good to see all that white

kerovick
12-04-2006, 11:33 AM
What do you think the chances are of having other slopes open next week?

AdironRider
12-04-2006, 11:37 AM
If they can bust ass all week I predict top to bottom on Excelsior-Summit Express- Upper and Lower Valley wl Approach and Mt. Run being open for Expert terrain. Hopefully by Saturday.

Jack the Ripper
12-04-2006, 11:54 AM
If they can bust a** all week I predict top to bottom on Excelsior-Summit Express- Upper and Lower Valley wl Approach and Mt. Run being open for Expert terrain. Hopefully by Saturday.

I don't know about Approach. I'll have top to bottom skiing with Mt Run access via Little WF chair.

ajl50
12-04-2006, 01:08 PM
I thinking no approach but def. mt. Run by the weekend.

12-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Don't get to psyched about the coverage. It is just a dusting at the base and would be gone in a half hour of full sun. Sorry

kerovick
12-04-2006, 01:34 PM
As long as I can get a black, I'll be happy.

AdironRider
12-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Why couldnt approach be open? Its narrow, pretty protected, and not exactly a super long trail. Should be able to get that and Mt run open in no time if you ask me.

AdironRider
12-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Oh yeah, snowphone says top to bottom by Wed.

Tsavolion
12-04-2006, 03:17 PM

they wont have mtn run by this weekend. if anything they will have upper and lower northway to disperse crowds off of excelsior.

AdironRider
12-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Think so? Every year Ive been a passholder they opened up Mt Run first if my memory serves me right, but Northway does open up quickly as well. I would think they would go Mt. Run/Approach as well to disperse crowds as the Upper/Lower Northway just dumps out onto summit express leaving a ton of congestion down to mid and further. Either way, there should be some signigicant terrain open by sat.

kerovick
12-05-2006, 03:45 PM
From the website:

Whiteface has re-opened for the season and winter is here!! Currently we are skiing and boarding from the top of Little Whiteface to the base, including the beginner Mixing Bowl. By the weekend, we will open Upper and Lower Northway. Extended forecast is bodacious for winter conditions so we’ll pound it day and night with our improved snowmaking system. Also, we are mixing in some lake effect snowfall from the west. Ski you soon!

Tsavolion
12-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Think so? Every year Ive been a passholder they opened up Mt Run first if my memory serves me right, but Northway does open up quickly as well. I would think they would go Mt. Run/Approach as well to disperse crowds as the Upper/Lower Northway just dumps out onto summit express leaving a ton of congestion down to mid and further. Either way, there should be some signigicant terrain open by sat.

whatever, i'm not going to argue. you'll find out this weekend.

90% open by holiday week. That would include some of the summit i would imagine. just a guess.

freeheelwilly
12-05-2006, 04:17 PM
A-Rider: No guns goin' on Mtn Run. Doesn't mean it won't be open. With these temps they could hammer that out in a night I suspect but Northway will definitely be a go. I like Northway better than Mtn Run (shorter steep shot but more interesting) but watch that huge ice patch that seems to develop skier's right on the lower third. It was there last year and people were peelin' off into the woods. In fact I think it was responsible for one death. Ski it cautiously the first time down this weekend. Danger lurks.