PDA

View Full Version : WiFi & Lake Squalls

12-05-2006, 01:28 PM
been getting some great lake squalls. There's about 3 more inches today at 2100 ft. ele.. Anyone know if they will be skiing top to bottom tomorrow?
Does anyone know if they put in WiFi at the base lodge at WF? I was told last year that they were going to do it.

highpeaksdrifter
12-05-2006, 02:27 PM
What's WiFi?

Tsavolion
12-05-2006, 02:54 PM
been getting some great lake squalls. There's about 3 more inches today at 2100 ft. ele.. Anyone know if they will be skiing top to bottom tomorrow?
Does anyone know if they put in WiFi at the base lodge at WF? I was told last year that they were going to do it.

should have top o lil face to bottom tomorrow. should have up n'way by friday. working on approach.

Tsavolion
12-05-2006, 02:54 PM
What's WiFi?

:shock:

Tsavolion
12-05-2006, 02:55 PM

i think they do have wireless access in lodge, but not positive. i though i heard they were going to charge for it, but realized that would be silly, dont know if that scrapped it or not.

Skibum4Life
12-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Drifter wanted to know what WiFi was....HAHAHAHAHHA

I think Drifter lives in that trailer you pass while entering into the Ausable Acres from the Town of Ausable Forks....

highpeaksdrifter
12-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Drifter wanted to know what WiFi was....HAHAHAHAHHA

I think Drifter lives in that trailer you pass while entering into the Ausable Acres from the Town of Ausable Forks....

Now that's the Skibum4life I remember.

The hardest part of being a mod for me isn’t complaints, trying to make everyone happy, deleting spam, it’s trying to use restraint returning fire after taking a (good natured I'm sure) shot from a fine gentleman like this one.

BTW, I know what a wireless network is, but was unfamiliar with Wi-Fi®

Adirondackskier
12-07-2006, 01:13 PM
At this time Whiteface is not going to have wifi at the base lodge, it is in the works and they are looking into several different options.

DelawareDave
12-07-2006, 09:44 PM
The nearest WiFi access point to the mountain is at the Evening Hatch* restaurant just a mile or two north on Rt. 86 in Wilmington. With my Internet access out-of-commission in Wilmington, this was a good find and prevented me from a longer trip to Lake Placid.

*used to be the Pancake Haven

Harvey44
12-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Wi-Fi is actually a brand. It's like using Kleenex to mean tissues. Or Coke to mean Cola.

JC7727
12-07-2006, 11:59 PM
no its a standard.

ajl50
12-08-2006, 07:23 AM
It's is a standard. Wi-Fi is registered and part an alliance to promote wireless LAN connections.
Regardless of whether it is a standard or a brand I hope they never put it in at whiteface.

kerovick
12-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Standard 802.11

12-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Standard 802.11
Is it a Cresent Wrench or an adjustable? Whatever it is, if they had it at the mountain I and lots of other people would be able to ski more if I could access my work info in the lodge.

Jack the Ripper
12-08-2006, 09:04 AM
It's is a standard. Wi-Fi is registered and part an alliance to promote wireless LAN connections.
Regardless of whether it is a standard or a brand I hope they never put it in at whiteface.

I agree. You go to places like Da Face to get away from it all and ski. It's bad enough people use cell phones (I'm guilty of that) but for the love of snow leave the laptop home.