PDA

View Full Version : Report for December 5, 2006

freeheelwilly
12-05-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm breaking radio silence to bring this news about today's conditions.

Got there early. Looks like they got ~4-5" last night @ the top of LWF. Excelsior was a bit stiff through turn 6 (just below connector). In fact it kinda stayed that way the whole time I was there (left about noon). It was carveable but there was some sketchy patches and those hard, round, little death cookies the groomers toss off were rollin' around like marbles. You just had to be on top of it and payin' attention. Below turn six it was buttery soft - especially on the edges. These cold temps make for some nice manmade. All the way to mid it was super sweet. Skier's left on Summit Express was particularly good and if you stayed left down upper valley it was nice! Don't get me wrong - above turn 6 didn't suck - it was just "different". Took 10 runs at mach 3 with phiny and H-bomb and cashed out. New boots are starting to break in. I'm stoked.

They were blowin' some nice lookin' snow on approach and upper northway. Those will be open by the weekend. In fact, with tommorow night's clipper, they'll be open by Friday. Also lower valley should be on-line by tomorrow. No more dreaded download.

So that's the scoop. It was snowin' while I was there off and on and a bit more persistant on the drive home. Life is good.

Tsavolion
12-05-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm breaking radio silence to bring this news about today's conditions.

Got there early. Looks like they got ~4-5" last night @ the top of LWF. Excelsior was a bit stiff through turn 6 (just below connector). In fact it kinda stayed that way the whole time I was there (left about noon). It was carveable but there was some sketchy patches and those hard, round, little death cookies the groomers toss off were rollin' around like marbles. You just had to be on top of it and payin' attention. Below turn six it was buttery soft - especially on the edges. These cold temps make for some nice manmade. All the way to mid it was super sweet. Skier's left on Summit Express was particularly good and if you stayed left down upper valley it was nice! Don't get me wrong - above turn 6 didn't suck - it was just "different". Took 10 runs at mach 3 with phiny and H-bomb and cashed out. New boots are starting to break in. I'm stoked.

They were blowin' some nice lookin' snow on approach and upper northway. Those will be open by the weekend. In fact, with tommorow night's clipper, they'll be open by Friday. Also lower valley should be on-line by tomorrow. No more dreaded download.

why did you leave at noon - did the puppy need to go out?
So that's the scoop. It was snowin' while I was there off and on and a bit more persistant on the drive home. Life is good.

freeheelwilly
12-05-2006, 04:11 PM
You need a little practice with that quote feature. :wink:

I had to get to work :roll: . How annoying. And yes, I stopped and let the little rager out on my way to the office. But we can't even mention that here. It's "too cliquey" and will turn people off - or so I hear. Stick to Whiteface talk. ALL Whiteface - ALL the time. That's what the people want.

highpeaksdrifter
12-05-2006, 04:22 PM
You need a little practice with that quote feature. :wink:

I had to get to work :roll: . How annoying. And yes, I stopped and let the little rager out on my way to the office. But we can't even mention that here. It's "too cliquey" and will turn people off - or so I hear. Stick to Whiteface talk. ALL Whiteface - ALL the time. That's what the people want.

That and endless smart ass sarcasm. Thanks for the report, can't wait for the weekend.

freeheelwilly
12-05-2006, 04:31 PM
That and endless smart a** sarcasm. Thanks for the report, can't wait for the weekend.

Now don't go gettin' all sensitive on me buddy. :lol:

Weekend will be good. Rest assured.

oldskibum
12-05-2006, 05:49 PM
I have to agree with FHW, a real good day albeit firm at the top end. We stayed until 1:30 - 2:00, the snow accumulated to about 1 - 2 in. + -. Looks like U & L northway may be open for weekend. They shut down the guns on northway, as they were sucking dirt out of the river!!! SUCKED 'ER DRY. haha, sprayed some dirt on lower valley, no apparent damage.

ajl50
12-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Nice to hear that there was some good skiing out there today. It certainly looked nice on the webcams. Anything blowing on the summit trails or are they holding off on that till nearer xmas?