PDA

View Full Version : Snowfall

highpeaksdrifter
12-06-2006, 04:03 PM
TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS BY EARLY THURSDAY EVENING WILL BE A TRACE TO 2 INCHES ACROSS THE SAINT LAWRENCE AND CHAMPLAIN VALLEYS. MEANWHILE...THE NORTHERN ADIRONDACK MOUNTAINS AND THE NORTHERN AND CENTRAL GREEN MOUNTAINS WILL HAVE TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES WITH SOME LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.

It also said spotty heavy snow squalls, so maybe we'll get lucky. Anyways the inches are adding up.

ajl50
12-06-2006, 04:44 PM
I think we will get lucky. There will be some upslope flow. If you look at the amt. of precip that the models project it is a little higher than the 1-3 range. With the cool air upping the water to snow ratio in i'd expect more like a 4-5 inches at whiteface through friday.

12-06-2006, 05:09 PM
I think we will get lucky. There will be some upslope flow. If you look at the amt. of precip that the models project it is a little higher than the 1-3 range. With the cool air upping the water to snow ratio in i'd expect more like a 4-5 inches at whiteface through friday.
Are you an amature weather person and what do you base your assumptions on?

ajl50
12-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Poweder freak, easternwsx weather boards, the national weather service and the fact that the last several days have featured more snow than predicted at whiteface. I'm not looking at anything nuts just a little more moisture to be squeezed out of the air by the mountains.