PDA

View Full Version : gore poll

jimmer
12-07-2006, 03:15 PM
lets get something going here.lets here some of your favorites or best things about gore,for example.bset trail,best unmarked trail,best lift, best or cutiest lifty. best office person,best barmaid, best and cutiest ski school,best skier,boarder.tele,best skiis boots ect. or think of some of your own. :?: :idea: :P have a good ski day.

Lbtchnlgs
12-07-2006, 03:59 PM
"best unmarked trail" your just trying to find some new stashes :wink: Good effort though packing it in with all the other ideas :D

Jack the Ripper
12-07-2006, 04:10 PM
"best unmarked trail" your just trying to find some new stashes :wink: Good effort though packing it in with all the other ideas :D

What wrong with sharing stashes? I hate it when people talk about a stash but never tell you where it is. LAME.

Best trail Dark Side Glades

mattchuck2
12-07-2006, 04:33 PM

What wrong with sharing stashes? I hate it when people talk about a stash but never tell you where it is. LAME.

Best trail Dark Side Glades

Ummm . . . Telling your buddies about a stash is one thing, but posting it on the internet where anyone can find it is completely different. Not to be a dick or anything, but the less people that find out about stashes the better.

Besides, if you spend a good amount of time at the mountain, you'll pick up on some stuff through osmosis.

jimmer
12-07-2006, 06:31 PM
dudes i aint lookin for stashes. i allready know where most of thm are, i just thaught it might be fun telling there best whatever is.mines beyond its right near 81/2 or maybe adam12 orlower newtons orbirchbarkally or hot damn orhippys or flying squirl get the hint , :evil: :shock:

Jack the Ripper
12-07-2006, 06:31 PM
[/quote] Ummm . . . Telling your buddies about a stash is one thing, but posting it on the internet where anyone can find it is completely different. Not to be a dick or anything, but the less people that find out about stashes the better..[/quote]

Too late for that. :roll: Even if you post them on the forum, the vast amount of stashes are in the woods. Not everyone skis/rides in the woods. Some touron from NJ reading about a stash isn't even going to know where to look much less go off where they can't ski/ride. Granted they may go on a trail they shouldn't and couldn't handle but the woods are different. They scare gapers away. Hell I even know good skiers who don't hit the woods. Do what you want though chuck. It's still a free country. :twisted:

alexcaraco
12-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Ummm . . . Telling your buddies about a stash is one thing, but posting it on the internet where anyone can find it is completely different. Not to be a dick or anything, but the less people that find out about stashes the better..[/quote]

Too late for that. :roll: Even if you post them on the forum, the vast amount of stashes are in the woods. Not everyone skis/rides in the woods. Some touron from NJ reading about a stash isn't even going to know where to look much less go off where they can't ski/ride. Granted they may go on a trail they shouldn't and couldn't handle but the woods are different. They scare gapers away. Hell I even know good skiers who don't hit the woods. Do what you want though chuck. It's still a free country. :twisted:[/quote]

thats not very nice. he just wants to keep his spots to himself.

mattchuck2
12-08-2006, 12:43 AM
dudes i aint lookin for stashes. i allready know where most of thm are, i just thaught it might be fun telling there best whatever is.mines beyond its right near 81/2 or maybe adam12 orlower newtons orbirchbarkally or hot damn orhippys or flying squirl get the hint , :evil: :shock:

You forgot about Red Dog, Jimmer . . . That's one of my favorites . . . and Reaper . . .

Jack the Ripper
12-08-2006, 09:00 AM
[/quote] thats not very nice. he just wants to keep his spots to himself.[/quote]

I haven't been feeling well and I tend to be more of an a$$ (hard to believe I know) when sick. Like I said to each their own. He can do as he pleases. But if he ever finds himself skiing the big mountain, he shouldn't expect to be told of any stashes.

Lbtchnlgs
12-08-2006, 09:49 AM
lets get something going here.lets here some of your favorites or best things about gore,for example.bset trail,best unmarked trail,best lift, best or cutiest lifty. best office person,best barmaid, best and cutiest ski school,best skier,boarder.tele,best skiis boots ect. or think of some of your own. :?: :idea: :P have a good ski day.

My favorite thing about gore is the woods. i couldn't tell you the best trail i am in love with many of them. hullabaloo is sick, its got a great name too. i like the highpeaks side of the mtn, its secluded quiet, never have to wait in lift line. I have not had any great experiences with office person, the ladies that work in the pass booth are b****. never had a good vibe from them. i dont know about the best skiier rider, but im the coolest. I did see one skiier that was sick a couple years ago, i dont know if he's still around he must have been like 9 but very good.

colonel klink
12-08-2006, 03:55 PM
EARL IS BY FAR THE BEST LIFTY

I LOVE PETE GAY!!!!!!!

mattchuck2
12-08-2006, 05:29 PM
thats not very nice. he just wants to keep his spots to himself.[/quote]

I haven't been feeling well and I tend to be more of an a$$ (hard to believe I know) when sick. Like I said to each their own. He can do as he pleases. But if he ever finds himself skiing the big mountain, he shouldn't expect to be told of any stashes.[/quote]

Dude, I'd expect the same from you as I'm giving you. If I spend a 45-50 days a year up at Da Face, I'd probably be a able to find a few spots, or a few people to show me some spots. The reason I know the spots at Gore is because I've been skiing there since I was 6. If you want to meet up with me on the hill, I'd even be willing to show you a couple. . . I'm just not down with posting that $hit on the internet.

mikebike
12-08-2006, 09:15 PM
that makes sense..... ya got to earn it.... put in your time... you will find the good stuff or find folks to show them to you

jimmer
12-08-2006, 09:16 PM
boys boys, comeon lighten up ,no ones given up secret stashes thats not what this was about.remember.best/worst. favorites/least favorite. by the way earl is on snowmaking for awhile hes in the pumphouse so when all goes wrong blame earl. my favorite barmaid has to kelly,right.best lifty kerry withouy a doubt.

mikebike
12-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Favorite trail.... or part of trail in this case.... the bottom section of Hawkeye....

when the snow is just right and the bumps forming --- it is perfect

----------------
also at the end of the day that last run down sunway.... top to bottom---- no stops ....just mellow....nice views .... a few beginners to use as "gates" and the day ends....Ahhhhhh

Wa
12-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Favorite trail.... or part of trail in this case.... the bottom section of Hawkeye....

when the snow is just right and the bumps forming --- it is perfect

----------------
also at the end of the day that last run down sunway.... top to bottom---- no stops ....just mellow....nice views .... a few beginners to use as "gates" and the day ends....Ahhhhhh

Or the first run of the day down sunway before the beginners come out flying like a downhill racer... :)

mikebike
12-09-2006, 09:24 AM
that too.... although the snow can be a bit firm early... that is a fun run just to let it out top to botton....

I feel more like a down hill racer on Twister.... because of the changes in pitch.... coming into the steeper pitches with some speed is a rush

alexcaraco
12-10-2006, 02:01 PM
BEST LIFTY BY FAR:

BAD ASS CLIFF.

the bitchy ladies referred to before were not having a good day and cliff helped me out. it was hilarious. plus he has the most badass beard of anyone i know.

jimmer
12-10-2006, 03:15 PM
when its wicked cold the gondi fer sure ,when its nice out and if its ever running the ole summit chair ridding into the sun on a nice day nothing better. still dont no why it dosnt go to the top anymore. not to sure if many people know this but it dosnt run much midweek they turn it on for the weekend needles. alot of the winter the north chair wont run midweek either . t :?: :shock:

Nerdle
12-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Anyone happen to see the Darksiders picture in the glens falls post? :twisted:

jimmer
12-10-2006, 06:32 PM
yo nerdle i saw the big guy looked really cool 8) 8) 8) 8)

Jack the Ripper
12-11-2006, 09:15 AM
[/quote] Dude, I'd expect the same from you as I'm giving you. If I spend a 45-50 days a year up at Da Face, I'd probably be a able to find a few spots, or a few people to show me some spots. The reason I know the spots at Gore is because I've been skiing there since I was 6. If you want to meet up with me on the hill, I'd even be willing to show you a couple. . . I'm just not down with posting that $hit on the internet.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be a dick, but I actually am worried about "some touron" from NJ coming up and getting stuck in one of the tree lines. If you're not worried about that, then by all means post the entire whiteface arsenal of stashes.[/quote]

I might take you up on that if I get to Gore. I didn't go at all last year :cry: I like hitting up Gore after a big snow fall.

jimmer
12-29-2006, 05:07 PM
one of my faves is getting there early on a busy week or weekend and they try to park you fartest away from the lodge, i allways thought get there early ,get a good spot. and i just love when the lodge is so crowded you have to change outside. man weekenders are just RUDE. :twisted:

MidnightCarving
12-29-2006, 06:39 PM
i love how they try to fill up one side of the lot before the other on a busy day, i usually just blow past the parking directors and grab myself a 4th or 5th row spot on the other side of the lot.. i dont know why anyone would listen to them... why park a mile away when you dont have to.

alexcaraco
12-30-2006, 09:13 AM
i love how they try to fill up one side of the lot before the other on a busy day, i usually just blow past the parking directors and grab myself a 4th or 5th row spot on the other side of the lot.. i dont know why anyone would listen to them... why park a mile away when you dont have to.

good call. plus im sure everybody has their "secret stash" of close but half legal parking spots. and no im not sharing.

MidnightCarving
12-30-2006, 02:51 PM
haha, its hard for me to get those half legal spots, i drive an extended cab long bed F-150... it sticks out like 5 feet beyond normal spots...

alexcaraco
12-30-2006, 05:07 PM
haha, its hard for me to get those half legal spots, i drive an extended cab long bed F-150... it sticks out like 5 feet beyond normal spots...

ouch. welll...i might know a spot, near the front left side as you drive in , which may suit your needs.

jimmer
12-31-2006, 07:21 PM
my most favorite thing about gore is the cookouts we have on the summit,awsome. we had one today ,beautiful day. thanks darrin, steve and mike.needle on needles. :shock:

fujative.
01-01-2007, 11:07 AM

good call. plus im sure everybody has their "secret stash" of close but half legal parking spots. and no im not sharing.

like picking up and moving the red barriers out so you can fit your car in right up front?

alexcaraco
01-01-2007, 11:36 AM
i wish i could delete the above comment. not cool ted. now the secrets out.

St. Jerry
01-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Ha! I've done that once or twice too!

colonel klink
01-05-2007, 02:27 PM

like picking up and moving the red barriers out so you can fit your car in right up front?

seriously ted what the hell is wrong with you

mikebike
01-06-2007, 07:02 AM
nothing is wrong with him.... notice he is not using a dead German Colonel for his persona...

alexcaraco
01-08-2007, 03:57 PM
giving up parking secrets=something wrong with him. and whats up with you liscence plate mannn

dexter
01-08-2007, 07:27 PM
i was at the mt on friday heavy fog on top but what a great time on sunway and quick silver nobody there just fly down the mt
oh well we have to make to most of what we have good thing we don't get meny winters like this