PDA

View Full Version : Weather

cmonson
12-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Wondering if the conditions that everyone is hearing about are the same as at www.weather.com

Next week looks BAD...

Denison
12-07-2006, 08:51 PM
According to weather.com it does not look that bad - only Wednesday and Thursday will be above 40, but it's too early to tell for sure...

NOAA report is even better:

Sunday: Mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 33.
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.

Monday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 36.
Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.

Tuesday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 34.
Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Wednesday: A chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday Night: A chance of snow or rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday: A chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

ajl50
12-08-2006, 07:21 AM
Yea...when it comes to lake placid I wouldn't trust anything but NOAA's five day forecast. I've tracked all the major weather sites- accu, noaa and weather.com and only NOAA is remotely reliable to 5 days out. Interestingly accuweather days 10-15 are usually pretty good indicators of trends.
With that in mind I'd say around the 20-22nd winter will really set in up there.

Jack the Ripper
12-08-2006, 09:06 AM
According to weather.com it does not look that bad - only Wednesday and Thursday will be above 40, but it's too early to tell for sure...

NOAA report is even better:

Sunday: Mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 33.
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.

Monday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 36.
Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.

Tuesday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 34.
Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Wednesday: A chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday Night: A chance of snow or rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday: A chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

That leaves a 60-70% chance it WON'T rain. Think of the glass as half full people. :twisted:

tjf67
12-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Yea...when it comes to lake placid I wouldn't trust anything but NOAA's five day forecast. I've tracked all the major weather sites- accu, noaa and weather.com and only NOAA is remotely reliable to 5 days out. Interestingly accuweather days 10-15 are usually pretty good indicators of trends.
With that in mind I'd say around the 20-22nd winter will really set in up there.

Hey AIJ,
You seem to be a studying weather man. That weather coming in is there going to be inversion associated with it.

ajl50
12-08-2006, 02:58 PM
you mean will the valley be warmer than the summit or in a more macro sense will there be a layer of cold air trapped under overflowing warm air. I think both are possible a few days next week and i think that wed/thurs chance of showes is actually a mixed bag because of cold air being overrun and below the warm air.