PDA

View Full Version : First turns of the season

Lbtchnlgs
12-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Made my first turns today! Granted it wasn't at gore but still felt awesome. 2nd year in a row riding on my birthday, it's going to have to be a tradition.

who else has gotten out?

alexcaraco
12-10-2006, 01:58 PM
ive been twice.

BigAirJay
12-11-2006, 10:00 AM
I think I'm up to 4 times now if you don't count backyard sesh's with icerink snow.

Harvey44
12-12-2006, 11:03 AM
My wife and I got our first turns in on Sunday. It was nice, even though the terrain was obviously limited. One nice touch was they had blown enough snow (between the Saddle and Foxlair) to open the triple. We like the triple because the gondi is a pain when you are on teles.

While there were lots of muddy spots and rocks by the end of the day, we had a good time in the mashed potatoes. We decided to bag out monday when we got there and the triple was closed. It was snowing up top and raining at the bottom. (Seemed to be snowing above about 2000 ft).

For us the big news was that our daughter (6 months) LOVED the ladies in daycare. So that means I get to ski alot this year. If it gets cold. Looks like a bad spell from now til almost christmas. Kinda funny that our first "seasons pass" after YEARS of skiing at Gore is a daycare pass for our daughter. Only takes about 6 days to break even on it and they allow your a free day to test it out. Nice.

Mark

Lbtchnlgs
12-13-2006, 12:51 AM
My wife and I got our first turns in on Sunday. It was nice, even though the terrain was obviously limited. One nice touch was they had blown enough snow (between the Saddle and Foxlair) to open the triple. We like the triple because the gondi is a pain when you are on teles.

While there were lots of muddy spots and rocks by the end of the day, we had a good time in the mashed potatoes. We decided to bag out monday when we got there and the triple was closed. It was snowing up top and raining at the bottom. (Seemed to be snowing above about 2000 ft).

For us the big news was that our daughter (6 months) LOVED the ladies in daycare. So that means I get to ski alot this year. If it gets cold. Looks like a bad spell from now til almost christmas. Kinda funny that our first "seasons pass" after YEARS of skiing at Gore is a daycare pass for our daughter. Only takes about 6 days to break even on it and they allow your a free day to test it out. Nice.

Mark

Congrats on the win win situation you have this year. My brother was up on sunday and said it was great as well. might head up to whiteface this weekend but im gonna wait to see how the weather pans out.