PDA

View Full Version : TR: Sat Dec 9th

AdironRider
12-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Hit up the face for a couple hours this morning on my way back from taking the GMAT's in Burlington Friday. I only stayed for a few hours as I was beat from going out with some friends from home Friday night. Got to the hill around 9, booted up and headed out. The corral for the gondi was almost full but I only had to wait in the singles line for about 5 minutes tops. It was pretty chilly in the 20's with a pretty strong wind the whole time. A light snow fell as well but nothing to really accumulate. Despite the weather Conditions were pretty good if you followed the guns. Excelsior was pretty slick from the primary usage over the week but conditions were pretty good. I only took a warmup run on it but then proceeded to stay on Upper/Lower Northway under the guns the rest of the day. Snow was good under the guns except for one thin cover spot where Upper flattens out to the right onto Lower Northway. I took about 6 runs on this then made my way down Lower Valley and headed out around 11. Lower Valley had some great snow and great coverage across the entire trail. Sun was peaking out as I left as well. They opened up Boreen and Brookside which had some heavy snowmaking going on the entire time I was there in addition to the guns on Upper and Lower Northway. All in all a good day on the hill. Conditions should be great tomorrow!