PDA

View Full Version : new hampshire

jackstraw
01-10-2006, 01:16 PM
is here!! and it rules!! giddee up boys! :D

AdironRider
01-10-2006, 01:24 PM
I hail from NH as well. Nothing as good as Whiteface here, but Cannon and Waterville arent bad. Cant wait to get back to school and rip the face.

highpeaksdrifter
01-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Who told him ? :roll:

Only kiddin, good to see ya Jack. Pleeease play nice. This forum is hooked up with ORDA now so we need to keep it PG13.

tjf67
01-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Jacki boy what up? Have you skied yet this year?

highpeaksdrifter
01-10-2006, 01:37 PM
I hail from NH as well. Nothing as good as Whiteface here, but Cannon and Waterville arent bad. Cant wait to get back to school and rip the face.

Riveroil in AZ is a big Cannon fan. He once wrote that he thought it would be comperable to WF. How do you think they match up. Do you go to SUNY Plattsburgh AdironRider?

Son of Drifter
01-10-2006, 01:46 PM

There goes the neighborhood. :twisted:

Phineas
01-10-2006, 02:18 PM

I've never been there but they tell me it's ncie.. what's your favorite trail and mtn Jackstraw?

jackstraw
01-10-2006, 03:23 PM
yo yo yo!! no worries HPD...its that fhw, tgf, ghosty that are the problem children!! hahaha!

im on the down home tour this yr...skiing the little hills w/ my son who has the hook w/ free tics all over the place. rode at ragged this past wknd. both, yes both of my kids forgot their jackets!! i had to buy new jkts at the hill that morning! :cry: ouch!

once we got that straightened out i rode my new phat boards, atomic ex's, they are soo sweeet! yahoo!

probably hit cannon and 10e this wknd. don't know the dude w/ the cannon/waterville comment but my guess is you haven't skied kinsmans, tramline or any woods at cannon. waterville isn't even on the same page as cannon. not to take anything from wf, but cannon w/ a lot of snow rocks kids!

jackstraw
01-10-2006, 03:27 PM

There goes the neighborhood. :twisted:

hahaha!! who is this???? :?

jackstraw
01-10-2006, 03:32 PM

I've never been there but they tell me it's ncie.. what's your favorite trail and mtn Jackstraw?

favorite hill, jackson hole!

if u talkin cow hampshire, ski cannon & wildcat as they are the best. bretton woods is beautiful w/ tremendous views of the whites. attitash,loon,waterville are all ok hills if you hit mid-week, otherwise its a zoo!

Phineas
01-10-2006, 03:48 PM

favorite hill, jackson hole!

if u talkin cow hampshire, ski cannon & wildcat as they are the best. bretton woods is beautiful w/ tremendous views of the whites. attitash,loon,waterville are all ok hills if you hit mid-week, otherwise its a zoo!

Thank you Jack for the nice response. it is so nice to see a father take such an interest in his children. :lol: I have young ones as well. I must say purchasing new ski coats because they forgot them is enabling irresponsibile behavior - beware Jack kids have such a way of fooling us parents :oops:

Jackson Hole - wow that is so exciting :o

freeheelwilly
01-10-2006, 03:51 PM
wow jackstraw you sound like a real ripper. And you've been to Jackson Hole!? Kewl! I heard that's in the Rockies where's the snow's all deep and soft and junk. Maybe someday I'll be kewl enough to go there too. :lol: :lol:

Jackie boooyyyyy!!!

freeheelwilly
01-10-2006, 04:05 PM
THIS POST DELETED VOLUNTARILY BY THE POSTER. HE'S SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED. IT JUST STRUCK HIM AS FUNNY AT THE TIME. NOW....NOT SO MUCH.

Son of Drifter
01-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Is it a coincidence that as soon as Jackie-boooyyy showed up, an ad appeared on the web site for "gay friendly" ski accomodations? I think not. They're tracking you Jack. Internet technology is amazing.

Willy's going to get a talking to over that comment. :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

Phineas
01-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Is it a coincidence that as soon as Jackie-boooyyy showed up, an ad appeared on the web site for "gay friendly" ski accomodations? I think not. They're tracking you Jack. Internet technology is amazing.

Willy's going to get a talking to over that comment. :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

yep him and Bode shooting off thier mouths!! hahahahahahahaa I dont understand why he was so rude to that nice man Jackstraw?? :cry:

AdironRider
01-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Cannon is by far the best mountain in NH, and yes I have sknowboarded all the above mentioned trails. Its incredible. Id say the steepness and attitude is similar to Whiteface. Im a fan of Watervill though, their park is awesome and True Grit is a great steep run.

jackstraw
01-11-2006, 12:00 PM
I must say purchasing new ski coats because they forgot them is enabling irresponsibile behavior - beware Jack kids have such a way of fooling us parents :oops:

ya, i agree w/ purchasing new coats is somewhat 'encouraging' or 'endorsing' irresponsible behavior. given my predicament, the heli ride of 30minutes back to the house and then back to the hill would have taken atleast 1 1/2 hours i figured we'd just buy new jackets and then donate to goodwill once we were done w/ them.

Phineas
01-11-2006, 12:10 PM
I must say purchasing new ski coats because they forgot them is enabling irresponsibile behavior - beware Jack kids have such a way of fooling us parents :oops:

ya, i agree w/ purchasing new coats is somewhat 'encouraging' or 'endorsing' irresponsible behavior. given my predicament, the heli ride of 30minutes back to the house and then back to the hill would have taken atleast 1 1/2 hours i figured we'd just buy new jackets and then donate to goodwill once we were done w/ them.

If you dont mind me saying and please take no offense, but the ride home would have made a positive impression on your children. They most likely would think twice before rushing off without doubling checking thier gear bag. I think you were thinking of yourself and your desire to get on the snowy slopes! Certainly understandable. Very impressive gesture to donate to goodwill. What did you wife or husband or significant other say??

jackstraw
01-11-2006, 05:00 PM
riding home would have been a complete waste of fuel, time, and money. my children will never forget their coats again.

Phineas
01-11-2006, 05:27 PM
riding home would have been a complete waste of fuel, time, and money. my children will never forget their coats again.

whatever - there is no reason to get snippy with me. I was merely suggesting some good parenting technquies I learned from Orpha. :x

mattchuck2
01-11-2006, 07:48 PM
I skied Cannon on just about perfect conditions (6" the first night, 3" the next night) and I didn't think it was anything special. I'd compare it more to Gore than to Whiteface. Chill locals, no posers, decent prices on lift tix.

Their signature runs - Kinsman's Glades, the Tramline and the "Front Four" - were kind of easy. I wouldn't go so far as to call them a joke, but there's no Cloudspin/Skyward type terrain there. Tramline was like a longer version of Dark Side Glades and the Kinsman Glades were a tighter version of Twister Glades. They had good bumps, I'll give them that, but that was to be expected with the snow that had fallen and the time of year (Early March).

The best part of Cannon was the hike up to Mittersill, or whatever that place is called. It's an old defunct ski area right next to the mountain, and it retained snow remarkably well (I guess people were too lazy to make the 10 minute walk). There were some sick lines in the trees, as well as some powder trails with good pitch, and I didn't even sample the stuff that needed a car shuttle to get back to the base (didn't plan far enough ahead). Cannon's a cool mountain, though, and I'd go back given the chance.

jackstraw
01-12-2006, 10:06 AM
I skied Cannon on just about perfect conditions (6" the first night, 3" the next night) and I didn't think it was anything special. I'd compare it more to Gore than to Whiteface. Chill locals, no posers, decent prices on lift tix.

Their signature runs - Kinsman's Glades, the Tramline and the "Front Four" - were kind of easy. I wouldn't go so far as to call them a joke, but there's no Cloudspin/Skyward type terrain there. Tramline was like a longer version of Dark Side Glades and the Kinsman Glades were a tighter version of Twister Glades. They had good bumps, I'll give them that, but that was to be expected with the snow that had fallen and the time of year (Early March).

The best part of Cannon was the hike up to Mittersill, or whatever that place is called. It's an old defunct ski area right next to the mountain, and it retained snow remarkably well (I guess people were too lazy to make the 10 minute walk). There were some sick lines in the trees, as well as some powder trails with good pitch, and I didn't even sample the stuff that needed a car shuttle to get back to the base (didn't plan far enough ahead). Cannon's a cool mountain, though, and I'd go back given the chance.

u r a kook my friend! mittersill is intermediate terrain...good snow but thats it. u didn't ski tramline on that date either...blow smoke elsewhere poser boy. ive skied wf and gore, yes wf is a great hill and gore is nothing compared to cannon.

mattchuck2
01-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Haha, you have no idea what you are talking about. I was there March 12-13 last year, and Tramline and Kinsman's were open. I skied them, and I'm just saying, they're nothing special. Good runs to be sure, but not the crazy, extreme stuff that people say they are.

And I never claimed Mittersill was hard, I just said it was the best part because of the good snow, good pitch and sick trees.

Don't take it as a personal insult. I'm just saying your mountain isn't THAT good. It's still the best in NH (lift served) that I've skied (although I haven't hit Wildcat yet). And it's no Whiteface.

jackstraw
01-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Haha, you have no idea what you are talking about. I was there March 12-13 last year, and Tramline and Kinsman's were open. I skied them, and I'm just saying, they're nothing special. Good runs to be sure, but not the crazy, extreme stuff that people say they are.

And I never claimed Mittersill was hard, I just said it was the best part because of the good snow, good pitch and sick trees.

Don't take it as a personal insult. I'm just saying your mountain isn't THAT good. It's still the best in NH (lift served) that I've skied (although I haven't hit Wildcat yet). And it's no Whiteface.

hahahaha!!!! no you didn't :D u didn't ski ova the 'old mans nose' did ya?? thats the killa goods!!

u guys and your WF...buch of kooks...next thing u'll be saying is that its betta than tucks too.

clifton park rules!

mattchuck2
01-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Listen Old Man, I'm not trying to pick a fight here . . . All I'm saying is Cannon SUCKS and Whiteface RULES. . .

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And you ain't never seen the Gangsta's Paradise that is Clifton Park, NY. Life is tough in the 12065.

:D

jackstraw
01-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Listen Old Man, I'm not trying to pick a fight here . . . All I'm saying is Cannon SUCKS and Whiteface RULES. . .

And you ain't never seen the Gangsta's Paradise that is Clifton Park, NY. Life is tough in the 12065.

unfortuately i have :shock: ! born right down the street and lived in glenville during my formative yrs!

cannon rules and WF is for posers! :D just ask fhw! hahahahahaa!

Phineas
01-12-2006, 04:32 PM

unfortuately i have :shock: ! born right down the street and lived in glenville during my formative yrs!

cannon rules and WF is for posers! :D just ask fhw! hahahahahaa!

I knew U were hardcore suburban!! total poser 4sure ha!