PDA

View Full Version : Lucky so far

tjf67
12-11-2006, 08:29 AM
The news up hear sais it is raining but it has been all snow since 5:15 this morning. With some luck it will be all snow up at the hill up high.

Jack the Ripper
12-11-2006, 09:24 AM
The news up hear sais it is raining but it has been all snow since 5:15 this morning. With some luck it will be all snow up at the hill up high.

Break out the snow dancing shoes. Please keep us posted. How's the boots? Didn't see you Saturday. Took a couple of runs with the gang. Not Willy though. He was too hung over for skiing yet managed to rally for the bar later in the day. :P T-lion almost pulled the save of the year so far. Skied about 50 ft or more on one ski but in the end took a tumble. Thank goodness the host with the most was there to help her up. 8)

AdironRider
12-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Webcam is not a confidence builder today so this is good to hear.

ajl50
12-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Not the whiteface base webcam but the other placid cams show new snow and that matters. Base area at whiteface is a few hundred feet lower than lake placid and hovenburg. So while base don't look great mid and up should be ok. I think this week will be about preserving what is there, getting some light wet mixed precip with a backdoor cold front keeping temps down at night. Then I think were looking for a real turn to nice winter weather around the 20th. Think temps mid 20's with lake effect.

Anybody see some guns going off the summit?

tjf67
12-11-2006, 11:48 AM

Break out the snow dancing shoes. Please keep us posted. How's the boots? Didn't see you Saturday. Took a couple of runs with the gang. Not Willy though. He was too hung over for skiing yet managed to rally for the bar later in the day. :P T-lion almost pulled the save of the year so far. Skied about 50 ft or more on one ski but in the end took a tumble. Thank goodness the host with the most was there to help her up. 8)

Was there Sat. Was a lonely ride on the double. Hung out in the snow storm over on Northway.

AdironRider
12-11-2006, 12:10 PM
I was doing the same rounds myself. With the wind and cooler temps on Sat it was often only myself and a few other lone riders on the double from mid to the summit of little whiteface.

Denison
12-11-2006, 04:07 PM
this weather sucks. I reserved a house 2 months ago to take my family for 5 days before Christmas, but with the weather like this outdoor activities are shrunk to minimum - no toboggan, unlikely snowmobilling and kids area most like will not be open :(

Jack the Ripper
12-11-2006, 04:14 PM
this weather sucks. I reserved a house 2 months ago to take my family for 5 days before Christmas, but with the weather like this outdoor activities are shrunk to minimum - no toboggan, unlikely snowmobilling and kids area most like will not be open :(

If you're talking about Kids Kampus, they will make every effort to have that open and running. Have faith.

tjf67
12-11-2006, 05:34 PM

We did not loose anything today. The hill probably had a gain. Its 33 degrees they will be turning the guns on by 8 tonight. Will blow all night.
I am hoping for mountain run this weekend. Would not be surprised.
Tomorrow afternoon should be sweeeaaaat

AdironRider
12-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Mountain run would make this guy a very happy man. Only Skyward can let you rip turns on sustained vert like Mt Run can.

cmonson
12-11-2006, 07:11 PM
anyone think any summit runs would be open by xmas?

AdironRider
12-11-2006, 07:19 PM
I could see Parons and the Follies opening up in time for xmas. Those trails have the best snowmaking and easiest to cover terrain of the summit.

ajl50
12-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Yea. I agree. Natural snow would be required for skyward but parons and follies are pretty easy to cover with snowmaking. I also think with xmas traffic they need to open a summit trail.
My money however is on some natural snow love that could alter all of this. Don't doubt the lake effect mositure later in the xmas week. With the warm air the lakes will have a chance to stay mild later than usual and feed the 'daks some snow when the pattern changes.

Oh and skyward is the best trail and it totally lets you rip like none other. Pray for skyward!

Jack the Ripper
12-12-2006, 08:54 AM
I could see Parons and the Follies opening up in time for xmas. Those trails have the best snowmaking and easiest to cover terrain of the summit.

I see one of those at best but not both. Hopefully I'm dead wrong. 8)