PDA

View Full Version : Coaches question whether Miller should ski for US

Son of Drifter
01-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Here's the link to the story http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/winter06/alpine/news/story?id=2286941

highpeaksdrifter
01-10-2006, 09:46 PM
I care alot, I want the USA to kick butt.

jackstraw
01-11-2006, 11:52 AM
who voted 'no'? round 1......

Phineas
01-11-2006, 12:04 PM

I did Jackstraw. I have young aspiring race age children and my wife and I were horrified by those irresponsible comments.

As a parent yourself I'm sure you understand the implications of his remarks.

jackstraw
01-11-2006, 05:03 PM

I did Jackstraw. I have young aspiring race age children and my wife and I were horrified by those irresponsible comments.

your children should look up to him when he has his skis on and not worry about his political or social views. YOU are responsible for your children, not Bode Miller.

jackstraw
01-11-2006, 05:20 PM
here ya go...be careful, you may be offended.

highpeaksdrifter
01-11-2006, 05:49 PM

You can't have the F word in here Jack. Just because it is a link doesn't change that. Please don't do it again.

This forum is a direct link from the WF website that they are using to promote the mountain.
Thanks,
HPD

jackstraw
01-12-2006, 10:09 AM

You can't have the F word in here Jack. Just because it is a link doesn't change that. Please don't do it again.

This forum is a direct link from the WF website that they are using to promote the mountain.
Thanks,
HPD

right on HPD, i didn't read the fine print or large print or any print!

Greg
01-12-2006, 10:25 AM

your children should look up to him when he has his skis on and not worry about his political or social views. YOU are responsible for your children, not Bode Miller.
My initial reaction was the same as Phineas until I read JimG.'s post (http://forums.alpinezone.com/viewtopic.php?p=69536#69536) on this over on AZ. He really put it in perspective...

jackstraw
01-12-2006, 01:07 PM

My initial reaction was the same as Phineas until I read JimG.'s post (http://forums.alpinezone.com/viewtopic.php?p=69536#69536) on this over on AZ. He really put it in perspective...

that was well written by JimG and i couldn't agree with him more. my wife has her masters in early childhood education and i have certainly learned much from her as i am just a caveman on skis...our household is realistic, meaning we discuss the 'real world' and try not to shelter our children from discussions such as this. now, im not saying we sit and watch the nightly news discussing every horrible crime that takes place either...we do shelter them from that type of media as it isn't applicable in our rural lifestyle. i think if we lived in the city we would table some of those issues as they would be faced w/ them on daily basis.

Phineas
01-12-2006, 04:28 PM

that was well written by JimG and i couldn't agree with him more. my wife has her masters in early childhood education and i have certainly learned much from her as i am just a caveman on skis...our household is realistic, meaning we discuss the 'real world' and try not to shelter our children from discussions such as this. now, im not saying we sit and watch the nightly news discussing every horrible crime that takes place either...we do shelter them from that type of media as it isn't applicable in our rural lifestyle. i think if we lived in the city we would table some of those issues as they would be faced w/ them on daily basis.

"masters in early childhood education" no wonder she was capable of marring and procreating w/U