PDA

View Full Version : Hope and pray

ajl50
12-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Right now I'm pretty sure the pattern will continue it's epic stinkage for the next month. There is a little hope however for the adirondacks that the rest of NE doesn't share. There a few storms that are moving in the next 10 days. While the first one doesn't look good, the next one on the 23-34 and then one on the 26-27 both have a shot at bringing rain to the coast and snow to the north country. If you have any luck, use it now and hope enough cold air gets sucked in to keep the rain/snow line running through albany and not montreal.

AdironRider
12-18-2006, 06:23 PM
What kind of weather experience do you have? Just a hobby?

KT22
12-18-2006, 08:15 PM
The 10 day jet stream forcast does not look promising. It looks like the Jet stream will for the most part remain north of the region thus keeping the cold artic air away from the area.

ajl50
12-18-2006, 09:06 PM
yea just a hobby.
I started in HS and getting interested in skiing really amped up the hoppy interest. Most of the time I read forecasts, forums, other forecasts and try to figure out what the biases are for what is out there and then just go with my gut. I'm not much of a forecaster- rather I'm more of a "here are the options" and here are the chances of each happening. I tend to think telling somebody what the weather is going to be outside of 24 hours is impossible.