PDA

View Full Version : superpipe open yet?

bsmaven
01-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Is the superpipe open? If not why not? The Vermont pipes have been open for a few weeks which makes me go there instead of whiteface?

freeheelwilly
01-10-2006, 05:46 PM
look at me over here biting my tongue. See me hpd?

AdironRider
01-10-2006, 06:54 PM
I wondered this last year as well. The pipe didnt open till like the end of January or beginning of Feburary. Its not like it causes any problems as its on its own seperate trail serviced by its own lift. Itd bring more people to Whiterface as well. Puzzling.

freeheelwilly
01-10-2006, 08:17 PM
The pipe takes alot of snowmaking. It may not be a coincidence that the Mountain is skiing so good, so early this year and the pipe has yet to come on-line.

tjf67
01-11-2006, 08:12 AM
they had the whole thing filled in with snow last weekend. I bet they are cutting it as we speak.

Son of Drifter
01-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Is the superpipe open? If not why not? The Vermont pipes have been open for a few weeks which makes me go there instead of whiteface?

They were probably working on getting the WHOLE mountain open first. Plus there's a bump comp coming and they've got to blow a ton of snow on Wilderness. There was a ton of snow in there last weekend so I'm sure they'll be cutting it soon. In the meantime enjoy the VT sliding. :twisted:

bsmaven
01-11-2006, 10:19 AM
That's nice that they are getting the whole mountian ready but do you think that other mountains only open their pipe and not the other trails? Come on!

highpeaksdrifter
01-11-2006, 10:47 AM
That's nice that they are getting the whole mountian ready but do you think that other mountains only open their pipe and not the other trails? Come on!

I'm really not sure why the pipe opens up late. You should make a polite inquire to customer service to find out. WF really does want all skiers/riders to be happy and well served.

ski@whiteface.com or ride@whiteface.com

PARKRAT
01-11-2006, 12:04 PM
The pipe will open when they get about 3 more days of good cold weahter, it takes a while to blow 18 foot walls that are 450ft long. They also have to do repair on other trials b/c of the rain this week. On a side note they just got some new rails on Brookside: C-box. C-rail, and an S-rail. Theres also a rumor about a rainbow box being built soon.

-OUT LIKE YOUR HAIR DEW-

Son of Drifter
01-11-2006, 01:24 PM

Would you rather have a pipe and 20 trails or no pipe and 70 trails? I'd say that most boarders would be willing to wait for the pipe and enjoy the variety of terrain 70 trails offers. Plus if you REALLY REALLY need to ride in a pipe, you've got VT. :twisted:

highpeaksdrifter
01-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Would you rather have a pipe and 20 trails or no pipe and 70 trails? I'd say that most boarders would be willing to wait for the pipe and enjoy the variety of terrain 70 trails offers. Plus if you REALLY REALLY need to ride in a pipe, you've got VT. :twisted:

Maybe, but to each their own. B may crave the pipe like you crave bumps. If he wants to do it here then that's a good thing.

Anyways, you'll be a borader soon, might change your whole priority system. :lol:

tjf67
01-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Here is a thought. Why cant they throw a big plastic tarp over the whole pipe then blow the snow underneath it. It would eliminate most the the waste that goes where it is not intended to. As you can tell I have a slow day at work

Son of Drifter
01-11-2006, 02:35 PM

Maybe, but to each their own. B may crave the pipe like you crave bumps. If he wants to do it here then that's a good thing.

Anyways, you'll be a borader soon, might change your whole priority system. :lol:

You never know. :twisted:

bsmaven
01-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Of course I can go to Vermont but my question was why can Vermont resorts do both and Whiteface can't. Its not like I was asking for something no other resorts do. And by the way at Okemo and Mount Snow I would say there were almost as many skiers in the pipe as boarders.
Last year about this time when I asked the Whiteface people if the pipe was open they said no they were waiting for the snowboard competition. What kind of response is that? They don't care about you people paying 60 bucks just the pros coming to town? They should at least be clear about its avaialbility onthe web site. Right now you can read about how great it is but there is no indication if it is open or not.

Son of Drifter
01-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Of course I can go to Vermont but my question was why can Vermont resorts do both and Whiteface can't. Its not like I was asking for something no other resorts do. And by the way at Okemo and Mount Snow I would say there were almost as many skiers in the pipe as boarders.
Last year about this time when I asked the Whiteface people if the pipe was open they said no they were waiting for the snowboard competition. What kind of response is that? They don't care about you people paying 60 bucks just the pros coming to town? They should at least be clear about its avaialbility onthe web site. Right now you can read about how great it is but there is no indication if it is open or not.

Word to the pipe. I feel your pain though. Sometimes it's hard understanding why WF management does what it does but they always have a good reason even if said reason doesn't make a lot of sense to everyone. Has anyone been to the Face lately and can help brother (I'm assuming you're a dude and if not sorry) BSMAVEN out with his question. Is the pipe now open? :twisted:

bsmaven
01-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks Son. I am a brother and you are the Man.

Tsavolion
01-14-2006, 11:07 AM
The pipe takes alot of snowmaking. It may not be a coincidence that the Mountain is skiing so good, so early this year and the pipe has yet to come on-line.

if you want to complain about the pipe not being open, blame the turkeys.