PDA

View Full Version : Quicksliver Terrain Park?

adksara
12-19-2006, 12:57 PM
I saw a note on the website today as I was scoping out the snowmaking that they may be attempting...

... a terrain park on Quicksilver? What does it look like?

... does anyone at Gore ever ask riders/skiers where they would like a park to be located? Was just wondering why they would put a park out there where you don't really have quick lift access and not a very big spot for an audience - Quicksilver just seems awfully narrow. I'm not big for tricks, more for steeps and can't even think of sliding my skis on a rail, but love to watch someone who is good... I wish they'd put a park somewhere where I could watch as I ate a Snickers for my snack!

Anyone ski down there yet?

ADKSara

Harvey44
12-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Does seem nuts huh. Maybe they are just referring to the tricks needed to dodge the rocks on QS. They are calling Sunway and QS expert terrain? That's kinda funky.

Adk Keith
12-19-2006, 03:30 PM
WTF??? First Sleigh Ride, then Tahaws, Now Quick Silver? I hope it's not permanent. Sleigh ride used to be a favorite until the danger of being hit by "high" flying riders. Not that I spend much time on that side of the hill, but when I'm forced to, those were often my choices. :x

alexcaraco
12-19-2006, 04:12 PM
... does anyone at Gore ever ask riders/skiers where they would like a park to be located?

you don't really have quick lift access and not a very big spot for an audience - Quicksilver just seems awfully narrow.

first of all...no.

second...thats a prime place for gore to throw the park kids! right next to the easy trail so theres lots of out of control kids, and totally unpractical!

you know they put it on the bunny hill 5 miles out of the way before this...

alexcaraco
12-19-2006, 04:15 PM
and where on the site did you find this?
right now it says that theres one up by saddle lodge...

12-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Oh children...Gore's park decisions are some of mystery and truely...well...bafflement.

No rider imput is taken when choosing location, size, flow...well just about anything. It all comes from their grooming dept and mountain operations.

A QS park wouldn't surprise me, not one bit. I'm still pushing my original idea of the North Face. Beginner park and Advanced Park. 1/2 pipe at the bottom. Lift access, isolation from the mountain.....it dosent' even have to be big, just flow-y and fun.

Since that won't EVER happen...

alexcaraco
12-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Oh children...Gore's park decisions are some of mystery and truely...well...bafflement.

No rider imput is taken when choosing location, size, flow...well just about anything. It all comes from their grooming dept and mountain operations.

A QS park wouldn't surprise me, not one bit. I'm still pushing my original idea of the North Face. Beginner park and Advanced Park. 1/2 pipe at the bottom. Lift access, isolation from the mountain.....it dosent' even have to be big, just flow-y and fun.

Wont happen now as theyre using that side for new expansion.

fujative.
12-19-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't think that is what they are doing. Maybe they ment to say sunway, cause thats where the preseason "park" is, right after the saddle lodge. There isn't anything on the website that I found about a park on QS.

adksara
12-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Now I feel like an idiot and know for sure I saw the note on Quicksilver... but for the love of snow can't find it. OKay - let's just hope that it's a figment of my overactive - snowdeprived mind...

...but I know I saw that note on the Alpine report page... sigh...

...MUST SKI SOON... MUST SKI SOON... I think I'm going insane. :?

If I caused overactive grumbling - my bad - I'll amend to the snow gods.

Keep the cheer (and hope for snow!)

ADK Sara

12-20-2006, 08:46 AM
ADKSara you can ski....

Adk Keith
12-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Now I feel like an idiot and know for sure I saw the note on Quicksilver... but for the love of snow can't find it. OKay - let's just hope that it's a figment of my overactive - snowdeprived mind...

...but I know I saw that note on the Alpine report page... sigh...

...MUST SKI SOON... MUST SKI SOON... I think I'm going insane. :?

If I caused overactive grumbling - my bad - I'll amend to the snow gods.

Keep the cheer (and hope for snow!)

ADK Sara

I saw it too...

fujative.
12-20-2006, 02:19 PM

like that quarter pipe they probably spent thoughands of dollars on for snowmaking that everyone hit.