PDA

View Full Version : If YOU were the head of Operations at Gore...

Harvey44
12-19-2006, 05:14 PM
What are top 3 things you would do?

Harvey

jimmer
12-19-2006, 07:06 PM
NO SNOWBOARDS NO PARKS NO NEEDLES. B 8)

Nerdle
12-19-2006, 09:34 PM
ill hav to go with jimmer on that one

NPN
12-19-2006, 09:46 PM
NO SNOWBOARDS NO PARKS NO NEEDLES. B 8)

Ooooh, this should get interesting!

Jkilgariff
12-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Make the gondola go to the top of the mountain, extend the High Peaks Chair to the summit (like it used to be) and cut more expert terain.

goreviper
12-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Get rid if NYSEF!!!

goreviper
12-20-2006, 08:04 PM
#2 Clear out some the deadfall in the glades. Have you looked up Kill Kare lately?

#3 Keep the dark side open. It's for experts. They can handle it.

jimmer
12-20-2006, 08:15 PM
#2 Clear out some the deadfall in the glades. Have you looked up Kill Kare lately?

#3 Keep the dark side open. It's for experts. They can handle it. i said this before , there were some guys up there this summer working with the mt clearing the glades,alot of them, they should be awsome when it snows. they are charlie hippy and adam thank them if you want ,just ask around someone will know them. b 8) stay :D

goreviper
12-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Hey I'd be happy to help clear the glades during the summer.

Lbtchnlgs
12-21-2006, 04:43 PM
#1 SNOWMAKING

Harvey44
12-21-2006, 05:06 PM
(My answer, reprinted)

I'd look for all the brown spots during the afternoon. Then I'd set a gun up at each one. Then at night as soon as the temp went below 28 degrees I'd start blasting two guns on each spot, and I'd blast all night long, huge piles that I could spread out. Maybe I'd even get tempature sensitive switches that would start the blasting automatically. I'd ride around on a snowmobile all night long to make sure everything was going good. Then at first light, I'd rip some tracks before the mountain was open. Then I would go home an make oatmeal and go to bed.

M

alexcaraco
12-21-2006, 10:21 PM
NO SNOWBOARDERS AND NO PARK.
stupid kids are always complaining.

id do some more grading, and open underneath the summit lift more. and then id pack the mountain up on top of my car, drive it to whistler for a week, then bring it back to upstate ny with about 10 feet of fresh. theres so much more i would do, but im not going to type it all out now.

Harvey44
12-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Alex - now THAT'S what I'm talkin about. Thinkin outsidatha box.

Jkilgariff
12-22-2006, 12:27 AM
Get rid if NYSEF!!!

Thats a good one!

alexcaraco
12-22-2006, 02:23 PM

maybe to the suggestion box with that one? haha.

magma11
12-23-2006, 10:11 AM
I would fire every employee and hire a bunch of monkeys, because they would do a better job!

Wa
12-23-2006, 10:33 AM
No racers stealing Twister and half the lodge like they own the place.

Snowboarders must pass a test to prove they can actually snowboard and not just slide down sideways. Perhaps a minimum time on a slalom course down rumor could be the test. On that note- snowboarders who sit in the middle of the trail in groups are immediately removed from the mountain.

Gondola from the parking lot to the summit and a small lodge there to leave your lunch and other crap that you may need. Special season pass holder parking next to this new sexy gondola. Maybe I'd add season pass holder cabins that would have Warren Miller movies going on the TVs inside. Screw it, the whole new gondola is for only for pass holders and their guests.

More expert terrain.

Specially designed snowmaking system for glades and a team of skiers from this board to "inspect" the freshly made snow before its opened to the public.

When the weather is almost ;) warm enough- Bikini Sundays. ;)

goreviper
12-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Now BIKINI SUNDAYS is something I get behind :twisted:

BigAirJay
12-23-2006, 06:45 PM
make one big ass lift that goes to the top of the mountain.
Then put in a 15 foot gap filled with crocodiles and sharks in the middle right at the top.
Enjoy the empty mountain with people who would actually be able to ski.

alexcaraco
12-24-2006, 12:08 AM
Now BIKINI SUNDAYS is something I get behind :twisted:

lets push this idea.

jimmer
12-24-2006, 09:30 AM
make one big a** lift that goes to the top of the mountain.
Then put in a 15 foot gap filled with crocodiles and sharks in the middle right at the top.
Enjoy the empty mountain with people who would actually be able to ski. jay is that your name or what you been smoking? sharks & crocs ,WTF ?

colonel klink
01-05-2007, 02:31 PM

ya ask them if you can borrow it for a while

Snow Whisperer
01-05-2007, 04:01 PM

ya ask them if you can borrow it for a while
quit and get a real job!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

fujative.
01-05-2007, 09:12 PM

do it! hah that would be great

and whoever said no parks, im going to have to say get rid of whatever you like to ski.

id say put the park on the north face but have the old quad a new high-speed detachable one. now were out of your way.
next: park pass. id say have it like $10 or $15 so when little kids go up there, their parent wont want to sit through at 20 minute class then have to pay $15 for each of their kids. now there will have to be less maintenance needed and more on other areas that are.
last but not least: long rails and bigger jumps... 12 feet isnt big enough.

alexcaraco
01-08-2007, 03:56 PM
first theyd have to make a park worth keeping people out of.

mxskidad
01-12-2007, 11:33 PM
First off, I would expand gore's racing program. Just because some of you can't ski like us doesn't mean that you should do away with the program. We bring in over 25% of gore's yearly income. Also, i'm pretty sure that we're shoved in the corner of the brown bag room downstairs, its all the school programs that take over the lodge. Maybe if Gore would expand their lodge, you would no longer have this issue with us. So if you really want to see improvements in Gore, expand the racing program, cause you'll get your money that way. So next time you decide to diss the racing program, just remember that we put in a lot of hard work to be as good as we are, and just cause you cant be this good, doesnt mean you should diss us. We'll just be laughing at you when we're at the olympics.
-mxskidad's daughter (former racer, with a brother headed to the US Ski Team)

alexcaraco
01-14-2007, 11:33 AM
First off, I would expand gore's racing program. Just because some of you can't ski like us doesn't mean that you should do away with the program. We bring in over 25% of gore's yearly income. Also, i'm pretty sure that we're shoved in the corner of the brown bag room downstairs, its all the school programs that take over the lodge. Maybe if Gore would expand their lodge, you would no longer have this issue with us. So if you really want to see improvements in Gore, expand the racing program, cause you'll get your money that way. So next time you decide to diss the racing program, just remember that we put in a lot of hard work to be as good as we are, and just cause you cant be this good, doesnt mean you should diss us. We'll just be laughing at you when we're at the olympics.
-mxskidad's daughter (former racer, with a brother headed to the US Ski Team)

1). Last time I checked, there was halfpipe in the olypics, and how many medals did we win in racing? Oh.
2). If were so much worse than you, how come all I see is people in racing suits standing at the fence of the sheisty park that Gore has now going 'WOW!' everytime soneone does anything halfway decent.
3). You say your 25% of Gores income, and that if you expand the racing program, well get money? How does income 'produced' by the racing program get put into a park? It obviously hasnt worked in the past. YOU may get more money out of it, because thats were Gore makes their money, so why wouldnt they want to expant the racing program? Im pretty sure Gore hasnt made any money on having a park since it was sponsored by Mountain and Boardertown years ago.
4). This is in no way a diss to the racing program. Do your thing, I dont care. I have no problem with racing whatsoever. Many of my friends are ski racers and one of them is a ful time Olympic year round ski instructor. So dont say you dont know how much hard work it takes or go acting like your all the hot shit. You do your thing, Ill do mine.

Lbtchnlgs
01-14-2007, 07:13 PM
i would relocated the mountain 200 miles west

adkman656
01-16-2007, 08:39 AM
25% of Gore's Revenue????

Where in gods name did you get that information? I'd love to see you explain how you came up with that figure with real facts! Racers represent about 150 kids who pay to belong to the race program. Gore has thousands of passholders, school programs, regular day skiers, etc.... 25%???? Think about that, no way....no how...

Wa
01-16-2007, 09:16 PM
I would offer 2007/08 passes to current pass holders at half price after this disaster of a winter!

alexcaraco
01-16-2007, 11:25 PM
I would offer 2007/08 passes to current pass holders at half price after this disaster of a winter!
good call.