PDA

View Full Version : A message form the mountain

Adirondackskier
12-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Great news to everyone out there, winter is back and it is in full force. We received some fantastic snow today to really make it a white Christmas at the mountain, add to that extremely favorable snowmaking conditions and it is a recipe for a great winter turnaround. Snowmaking continues around the clock. Thanks to our summer upgrades to our entire system we are now making snow at the mixing bowl base area, essex, mountain run, approach, gold, homerun, wolf, magic carpet.

We anticipate Essex will open tomorrow. We are also we are working on our longest intermediate trail the follies that begins at the summit of the big mountain. We anticipate opening Follies along with Parons two fabulous Intermediate trails off of the summit the day after Christmas. Once these trails connect we will have over 3 miles of top to bottom skiing and riding.

On Friday don’t miss our grand opening of our new Kids Kampus base lodge. The moment has finally arrived, we have been working to make it the very best learning center and we will not disappoint. Whiteface kids will be psyched that is for sure. When we open kids kampus on Friday we also will open the magic carpet, gold, and homerun.

Also on Saturday and Sunday don’t miss a photo op with santa claus! For more info be sure to check in with our Miracle moment photo concessions.

While you are here there is no better way to experience Whiteface and Lake Placid than with our ultimate winter passport. Every 3 or more day lift ticket will include our off hill activity passport, you will gain free access to the Olympic Jumpic Complex, Olympic sports park to watch bobsledding, the speed skatingoval is open and I encourage everyone to give it a try. It is a skating revolution. A group lesson is also included. There is so so much to do at Whiteface and Lake Placid.

ajl50
12-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Nice. It will really help out to have parons and the follies open. Will spread out the mountain well. I just wish i Could ski down paron's and end up on mountain run. Oh well...morning laps on one and afternoon laps on the other.

Tsavolion
12-20-2006, 11:05 AM
We anticipate Essex will open tomorrow.

dang - it wasnt open this am...maybe i left too early. too bad the work thing gets in the way...would be a great day on the hill.

student
12-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Damn it! We are leaving on Tuesday and probably wont ride follies and parrot trails. Is there any chance you will open them earlier?

freeheelwilly
12-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Damn it! We are leaving on Tuesday and probably wont ride follies and parrot trails. Is there any chance you will open them earlier?

Wow. :roll: Ya' gotta find something to complain about don't ya'? If all the trails were open, I'll bet you'd complain that it was too big and confusing. BTW, didn't you say yesterday that your group couldn't ski upper valley or broadway down to boreen (a whole 500' of vert)? What makes you think they could ski "parrots" which is 1500' and drops you off at - that's right - the start of upper valley and broadway?

Phineas
12-20-2006, 11:50 AM
"parrots" which is 1500' and drops you off at - that's right - the start of upper valley and broadway?

ummm parons drops U off at turn three of excelsior.....

freeheelwilly
12-20-2006, 11:53 AM
"parrots" which is 1500' and drops you off at - that's right - the start of upper valley and broadway?

ummm parons drops U off at turn three of excelsior.....

Ummm...I know Mr. walking-talking trail map guy. (Actually turn 1 if you wanna get technical)But from there you end up at the coon pit no matter which way you go (unless you take "on ramp". And "student" ain't takin' no "on ramp").

Besides, we were talking about "Parrots". Where is this "Parons" of which you speak?

student
12-20-2006, 11:58 AM
We have several kids in our group who cannot ride intermediate runs and even had problems with the first slope of Boreen. There are also few adults who will stand for the first time on skies. So that it is a good news that they will open gold and wolf trails. The rest (about 10 people) can ride anywhere and I would certainly prefer the full run from the summit. I don't understand your attitude dude. Are you trying to scare people off the forum who is complaning? Are you on whiteface resort payroll? This season sucks (so far) and people should know about it before making skiing plans. The reason we are going is just because we made the house reservation beforehand. As for the complaining, I would really appreciate if whiteface website would be more informative, i.e. where they are making snow and what they expect to be open.

Phineas
12-20-2006, 12:01 PM
is the summit quad. excelsior leads to summit express - which leads to....

freeheelwilly
12-20-2006, 12:06 PM
is the summit quad. excelsior leads to summit express - which leads to....

"Summit express" is only a trail in the overactive imagination of some ORDA marketing guru - you know how THEY are. Gimme a break. "Summit Express" :roll: "Hey, let's go rip Summit Express!" :lol: :lol:

freeheelwilly
12-20-2006, 12:13 PM
We have several kids in our group who cannot ride intermediate runs and even had problems with the first slope of Boreen. There are also few adults who will stand for the first time on skies. So that it is a good news that they will open gold and wolf trails. The rest (about 10 people) can ride anywhere and I would certainly prefer the full run from the summit. I don't understand your attitude dude. Are you trying to scare people off the forum who is complaning? Are you on whiteface resort payroll? This season sucks (so far) and people should know about it before making skiing plans. The reason we are going is just because we made the house reservation beforehand. As for the complaining, I would really appreciate if whiteface website would be more informative, i.e. where they are making snow and what they expect to be open.

Prance trail conditions shows you where they're making snow - at least it should. And how can WF predict what's gonna be open five days from now? Forecast is pretty unsettled (http://www.srh.noaa.gov/fwd/productviewnation.php?pil=BTVAFDBTV&version=0).

Nah, I've got you pegged as a complainer. Pretty much every post has been negative. Roll with the punches a little bit "dewwwwd". Much better that way.

BTW, I OWN Whiteface - you got me all figured out.

Tsavolion
12-20-2006, 12:20 PM

The season hasnt gotten off to a good start, but the mountain is in great shape. it doesnt matter what trails are opne--there will be some expert, some intermediate and some beginner. Given the description of your group, I think you will be fine with what is open this weekend. Nobody can predict more than they already have. if the mountain is shooting for summit open day after christmas, then i doubt it will be open earlier. maybe. but you arent going to fidn the answers here. noone knows. you'll have a great time--just relax. whiteface uses a service called prane for their trail conditions reports and they suck. it should be up online but it isnt today. i am sure they are working on fixing it.

freeheelwilly
12-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Student - don't listen to me. I'm just funnin' with ya' a little as I sit here and eat my lunch. Veggie sub on wheat with x-tra Guac. Quiznos! mm, mm, mm, mm, mmmmmmm! Toasty!