PDA

View Full Version : 12/21

jimmer
12-21-2006, 04:00 PM
for such a nice warm sunny day the skiing was only so-so ,it was rock hard early but softend nicely as the day went on, top ridge was spring like but with alot of heavy piles ,pine knot was scrapy in the middle, but the edges were nice and soft snow. wild air much the same. they were blowing on ruby ,couldent have been good snow though it was over 40 in the afternoon. wasnt much groomed . tomorrow will be better. as for adding new trails looks like it will be awhile,after fri.back to warm ,rain on sat. b 8)

Lbtchnlgs
12-21-2006, 04:39 PM
I was up today as well. 4th day of the season, 1st at gore. It is really sad to see there is no natural snow- hard to get in the mood. I was surprised they had as many bare spots as they did-seems they have had more than enough time to blow over them, it started to get pretty sketchy by the end of the day. All they need to do is blow a few guns on wildair to fix the problem spots. It was a good day on the hill, my calves were killing me though which put a damper on things a bit.

Agree with jimmer on the ruby snowmaking, didn't make too much sense to me to blow water on the trail. Looks like they messed up sunway: looking up the trail from the bottom looks like they glazed the whole trail over by making snow too long this morning.