PDA

View Full Version : 12/22 Conditions

goreviper
12-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Had the wrong date :roll: It's Friday 12/22
I came, I saw, I Skied.

Had a lot of fun on Topridge today. Everything was groomed to some extent with the exception of some of Sunway and Quicksilver. Sunway looked like corduroy but it was "firm". Quicksilver was a mess Piles of wet manmade so heavy people were sking into them and toppling over. Where there wasn't a pile of wet sludge it was completely glazed over. Honestly it was a mess.

The best skiing was Topridge and parts of Wild Air were very good, considering. Pine knot was so-so. It was day not at work but on the mountain so it was better than nothing.

The only guns that were running this morning were on Ruby run and 3B/Quicksilver and as someone, jimmer?, mentioned yesterday they were left on too long. Trees along Quicksilver had a 1/4' or more of clear ice on them.

I am still very distressed that there hasn't been any effort to run guns elsewhere on the mountain. If there is a good reason why they can't make snow when the temp dips below 20' I'd like to hear it. I would also like to know the logic in spewing so much water on Sunway and Quicksilver?

goreviper
12-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Oh, by the way it's raining right now. :cry:

Harvey44
12-22-2006, 02:48 PM
GV - thanks for the update. It's great to have someone in North Creek. You can take some solace in knowing that the whole thing will be bulletproof by Sunday am anyway regardless of how bad they are handling the snowmaking.

Sorta.

Maybe Tuesday will save us.

M

JC7727
12-22-2006, 03:48 PM
They closed the gondola today at 230 because of freezing rain.

alexcaraco
12-22-2006, 03:54 PM
wow.

gores definitely not getting any natural help....neither is anywhere else really...